Outdated videogames you still play (or are playing again)

Schwarzenegger

...and tried to play the first Elder Scrolls game (Arena), and let me just say......don't let the name fool you. I played it on DOS-Box, and my GOD it was laggy as hell. I dunno if it was the game itself or DBox, but I couldn't play it for more than two minutes.
You might try tweaking Dosbox. I had serious troubles getting an old, obscure game to run (not that ES is obscure, just this is proof that Dosbox runs most things), and I went on their forum and read the FAQ and was able to tweek the config file to run it better. If that fails, certain versions seem to be better for certain games: ask on the forums there, I'm sure someone has had a problem with it.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently playing through Dungeons And Dragons: Warriors Of The Eternal Sun on Mega Drive ;)

Don't really play many new games. All this new console stuff doesn't make much sense to me, id much rather pay 20 quid for a mega drive with 5 games and have hours of entertainment! Graphics don't really mean much anymore...

logo.jpg

Age of Empires and Age of Kings.

Recently bought the 'Gold Edition' with all of the pre-AOE3 games and wow...now I remember why I was so addicted to it.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Guest Cosinus

My brother and I dusted off our Age of Empires box and played some Multiplayer, we totally slaugthered the Computers with Juggernauts. :D

I also found the old game "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" on the net. You gotta love the man with the WHIP! Took a day to complete it, to bad that all the sequels were cancelled. :(

I do occasionally play Heroes of Might & Magic III, since it's an absolutely amazing turn-based game!

The Monkey Island series has also found its permanent place on my harddrive, the two first games are absolutely brilliant and it's tough to find a more entertaining Comedy Adventure!

I'm playing Super Mario bros. 3 (Allstars version) because some of the music in Galaxy made me want to play. I've noticed a lot of people complained about the length of the levels in SMG, but they weren't that much longer in the older games...

I also have Ogre Battle 64 to finish, I'm near the end too. I might also play Donkey Kong 64 too.

• 2 weeks later...
Civilization 2, i play a few turns a day, the game i am on now has lasted 4 months

Ooo civilization 2. I've never played that one but I've been playing Civ 4:BTS for a while now. Pretty good game.

Anyways, I like to play Banjo-Tooie on my N64. I used to love Super Mario 64 but then I lost it, and I've been dying to get it forever argh. I also need to get Banjo-Kazooie. I haven't played that in forever .. there's so much I never finished in it. >.<