I'm starting to hate runescape

Suiku

Update after update always the same, quest, little improve and so, I don't say i'm ungrateful for this, but because they don't concentrate in the "real" important things and just always trying to improve a game that it's perfect as it is, that's what I hate.

Just focusing on little minds comming from no-where, Like it's game is uncomplete, well, there's news, some people actually play the game without expecting it to be finished, but because it's fun at is it. My basic complaint is that we expect fixed the flaws on the game but instead we got things totally unessential to the game.

If Jagex do all this "crappy" updates, if you want to refer them to one way, for merchantising, well YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

If you want to extend your market you must improve:

-Graphics (I know a lot of people say "I don't care about graphics" neither do I, but new players does and consequently ignore the game for this)

-Languages; The most attractive thing to start playing a game for a 14 years old it's you can fully understand so you can fully enjoy it

-Payment methods!!; Obviously the most important one, You know how many costumers you lost on other countries because you don't have an easy (and maybe secure) way to pay? increase pay by phone, now!

Jagex keep doing update for not confront the risk to lost players who get bored for the repetiveness, well, FYI a lot of people actually ENJOY the game for what is it now, so please I want to spread the word from here, focus on important updates. Not only the listed below, but also ways to get a better gameplay, but I can't tell that.

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I guess what you stated is quite true.

One thing I'd like to see is the graphics at Tutorial Island become better, because many end there and then because the Tutorial Island is so bad :( But if Jagex updates this and states it on the front page then lots of people might make new accounts just to see it, would be chaos. They would have to make some way of visiting Tutorial Island again :P

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

-Payment methods!!; Obviously the most important one, You know how many costumers you lost on other countries because you don't have an easy (and maybe secure) way to pay? increase pay by phone, now!

Not actually something they can do when they like to. Such an update usually involves an agreement with the telephone company or something to provide such a service for you, if the company decides to refuse or withdraw, not really something Jagex could do about. I believe the reason why pay by phone is available in US and UK is that they have company branches in those countries that make payment easier for processing. Other countries paybyphone may just involve expensive overseas calling (i think). :|

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

-Graphics (I know a lot of people say "I don't care about graphics" neither do I, but new players does and consequently ignore the game for this)

-Languages; The most attractive thing to start playing a game for a 14 years old it's you can fully understand so you can fully enjoy it

- Graphics, people dont play the game for the graphics, it has over 1million members you honestly think graphics is a big deal, WRONG its already the second largest mmo. People dont like them stuff them, the only people who care about graphics, is the immature people who can't appretiate gameplay. We dont need immature graphics.

- Langauge, come on the German is hardly succesful, the majority of the people who use it are english speakers who want a quite place to train. Its also very hard to translate every single thing in the game, bearing in mind direct translations wouldn't make sence to the people who speak that language. LEARN THE FACTS ABOUT LANGUAGES

- There are plenty of payment methods, you realise how hard it is to set up other methods. If its easy don't you think Jagex would have done it already. Bearing in mind they have to get licensing for each country first.

But as their doing it all wrong and you know best i would like to try out your MMO, it should be very successful with all you awsome advice.

So whats it called? Can i have the link?

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

The updates are ok, but I don't like where they focusing, that's all, that's why I'm hating this game, where they gonna do something actually for the game for good?

You know what I think? I think they keep doing minimal updates to keep the schedule of weekly updates. And that's why they can't focus for real because they have to greet the little new players for having stupid updates.

I already got over it, but I'm expressing my opinion, believe this don't take my sleep at night.

13Ra3.png

A lot of people complain of geting bored if jagex misses one week of updates. I think Jagex would get more people if they did improve graphics. I personaly don't care that much about graphics, that is not what makes a great game. (look at chrono trigger, ff5, SOM, etc) but if you go and ask 5 people who play mmo's that are not runescape what is wrong with it, the first thing they will say is graphics.

Nah, you're wrong about what needs to be updated.

They need to fill in the high-level range of abilities in skills (the 85-99 range.)

I, personally, am sick of every update which they (scarcely) give high levels being combat AND luck-based. I want to see them add more things to do at high levels in skills like Herblore, Agility, Crafting, Runecrafting, Farming, Slayer, Fletching, and Woodcutting.

td2sig.jpg

The updates are ok, but I don't like where they focusing, that's all, that's why I'm hating this game, where they gonna do something actually for the game for good?

You know what I think? I think they keep doing minimal updates to keep the schedule of weekly updates. And that's why they can't focus for real because they have to greet the little new players for having stupid updates.

Despite your whiny way to express it, I somewhat agree with you. Jagex are making way too many (in my opinion) worthless updates just to get one done a week, instead of working on the interesting ones and those who actually improves gameplay. However, this is what the majority of the players wanted them to. :roll:

- Langauge, come on the German is hardly succesful, the majority of the people who use it are english speakers who want a quite place to train. Its also very hard to translate every single thing in the game, bearing in mind direct translations wouldn't make sence to the people who speak that language. LEARN THE FACTS ABOUT LANGUAGES

This. I'm a Spanish speaker.

13Ra3.png

But as their doing it all wrong and you know best i would like to try out your MMO, it should be very successful with all you awsome advice.

So whats it called? Can i have the link?

You need to look after the definition of "constructive critics". Also no, I don't have a game to base from, but there's a game that I care about and want people to get interested to.

Then quit.
Typical response... try making out your own answers

I have plenty of beefs with what they've done with the game recently, but I have hope that things will turn around.

Same. Actually I've been hoping so since long time ago, I don't know how longer how you playing. But I'm starting to realize that they won't, it's all about to keep the schedule of weekly updates.

13Ra3.png

merchantising, well YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

1. merchantising is a new word for me

2. have you ever merchanted, if not you have no idea what you are talking about

3. this seems more like a rant to me

4. if you hate runescape quit, or try doing someting different like questing

5. :boohoo:

Hephaestos8.gif

If you want to extend your market you must improve:

I strongly disagree.

graphics: I like the runescape graphics. I really do. They are not realistic, but have a very special feel. There is one very big problem with graphics: it's only ok when it is the best. I played oblivion on max graphics standings and it looked beautiful! After that I saw some WOW screenshots and those graphics looked very ugly.

Runescape graphics are so different that I don't feel the need to compare it do different games. However, if you try to get really good graphics, you better be on top of your game all the time, or it will look like failed graphics.

languages: I really don't know if this will be a very big advantage to the game. At 14 you should be able to understand some other languages and english is taught in many countries as one of the most important language. Of course, Jagex could release runescape in spanish, but how many people in spanish speaking countries really have access to a computer and long term internet connection? Also, another major language could split the game in 2, do you really want that?

phata_elise.png

[hide=Hide/Show large response to hephaestos8]

merchantising, well YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

1. merchantising is a new word for me

Sorry, English is not my first language.

2. have you ever merchanted, if not you have no idea what you are talking about

No, but I'm a costumer and have an idea what would attract more players to the game and members play.

3. this seems more like a rant to me

Ok.

4. if you hate runescape quit, or try doing someting different like questing

See below, like four posts before this one.

5. :boohoo:

:uhh:[/hide]

Of course, Jagex could release runescape in spanish, but how many people in spanish speaking countries really have access to a computer and long term internet connection?

This, is ignorance to the max.

13Ra3.png

They can improve the graphics, but the game will not be available for years. Why? It's because it's based in Java. They are unable to make the graphics to become high definition because of it's limitations. They will have to take training for a new game base, etc. It will take a lot of time..

There are a large majority of people with under 1 gigabyte of RAM on their computers. Why should you remove them from online games? They can't play World of Warcraft because it needs around 1 gigabyte of RAM.

j0xPu5R.png

Of course, Jagex could release runescape in spanish, but how many people in spanish speaking countries really have access to a computer and long term internet connection?

This, is ignorance to the max.

Have to agree there. Are you implying that paÃÆÃâÃâíses cuÃÆÃâÃâáles hablan espaÃÆÃâÃâñol are all poor? That is a very ignorant thing to say.

And, to the person who told the OP to learn more about languages, read his posts. I think he makes it pretty obvious that English is not his lengua materna.

Anyway, I agree somewhat with this. The graphics could definitely use improving, Java has the potential but there is an awful lot of content that needs to be updated. At least the new updates come with decent graphics.

p2gq.jpg

I dont like the inbalance of the combat system. :XD:

you are possibly the one imbalanced sir.

mugged99 has a point there. The fact that melee and range attack bonuses are concentrated most on weapon, but armor for mage and the ability to melee well in other class armour and not vice versa with the system largely luck based makes the combat system rather "unfair"?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.