Stop the seriousness!

highlanders

Does it matter? It's just a game, don't take it so seriously. Lately people have been so serious about Runescape, as if it were the real life. People complain about updates. Even more people complain about the people complaining. People whine, insult, make some ridiculous debates over trivial things. Can we all just stop taking ourselves so seriously and take some time to breathe and remember this is just a game, for leisure activity?

Can we see the return of witty jokes, enjoyable threads, and just stop it with all this meaningless critizism of Jagex and other forum users? Please?

2480+ total

Don't look now; you're being ironic.

I agree with you; seriousness needs to be put aside if only to enjoy the game as is.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Weren't you smoking Runescape on some other thread in these forums? :P

But anyway I agree that way too many people take this game seriously. Like they can't even enjoy playing a leisurely game... They just have to win or be the best at something.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Weren't you smoking Runescape on some other thread in these forums? :P

But anyway I agree that way too many people take this game seriously. Like they can't even enjoy playing a leisurely game... They just have to win or be the best at something.

:shock: i was there! lol yeah i come here to either tear apart the rants made on tip it forums or just to agree with them because some of them are valid such as this one.

liked the post you made on the "parents 8 year olds and swearing" thread

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Ya it's true people get serious about games...though, a lot of them who do just want to be able to ENJOY the game...if the games unenjoyable to them at that moment because a update MIGHT (doesn't happen often) be ruining their gameplay fun, they complain. Not to say I haven't posted a lot of things... (hey, I like to make rants, it's fun to me) but ya...we need to calm down.

• 2 years later...

That is so ironic. You have 3000 posts on a site about runescape and you complain how people take this game so seriously, sorry to embarrass you but you are one of them. I don't mind people being serious how does it bother you??? If you mentioned it be more clear on your reason. So who wants to talk about the 0.003% weekly raise of the adamant warhammer or maybe a debate about the year saradomin cooked his first anchovie??? I'm just waiting for a response at my computer while i read a runescape wikipedia page about the history of runescape.

You are complaining about people complaining about runescape so in some random scientific way are you more serious then the rest of us ????

^

l

l

l btw im talking to you all the way up there

bucket.png

Does it matter? It's just a game, don't take it so seriously. Lately people have been so serious about Runescape, as if it were the real life. People complain about updates. Even more people complain about the people complaining. People whine, insult, make some ridiculous debates over trivial things. Can we all just stop taking ourselves so seriously and take some time to breathe and remember this is just a game, for leisure activity?

Can we see the return of witty jokes, enjoyable threads, and just stop it with all this meaningless critizism of Jagex and other forum users? Please?

I have to agree with the OP.

While I like to spend time on RS, I know that I have a life outside of it. I have a job, I have a family, I pay the bills, just about anything that the average adult performs each day.

I can list several members of the Tip It Boards here that I despise for their behavior and personality. But I won't, because I know that doing so will lead me to trouble.

For anyone who wishes to make a fuss, cry me a river.

Even more people complain about the people complaining.

contradiction fail

Damn you. I wanted to be the one who pointed that out!

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

contradiction fail

There were like 5 people that beat me to it as well above.

and some new kid bumped a three year old thread....

contradiction fail

There were like 5 people that beat me to it as well above.

and some new kid bumped a three year old thread....

year old?? "Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:49 AM"

LMAO. 3 years gf.

I didn't read the year it was posted........................... well that's embarrassing. :wall:

If you think about it you are contradicting a complaint about someone complaining about complainers.

Anyways for some reason this old topic seems to be quite popular. :

bucket.png

It seems kinda prophetic :P I have seen many more threads just disolve into flaming in the past few weeks than I thought was normal. Or maybe I'm just unlucky...

So if its not that I'm unlucky, I agree with he who posted this almost 3 years ago, namely that people need to chill out. :thumbsup:

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Lately? I stopped playing this game 4 years ago, started playing 6 years ago, and at no point have I EVER seen runescape full of people who weren't taking the game seriously. Christ I used to be one of them :D

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

I didn't read the year it was posted........................... well that's embarrassing. :wall:

If you think about it you are contradicting a complaint about someone complaining about complainers.

Anyways for some reason this old topic seems to be quite popular. :

Yeah... you should really start reading the date things are posted. You've kinda bumped like.... multiple threads from years ago.... How far back in the pages are you looking for threads anyways? I generally stay on the first page... If it made it to the second or third page and no ones bothered to bump it, the conversations most likely died out.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.