Jmod quote from RSOF regarding real world trading

mario_sunny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that still doesnt justify a 3k limit, that makes staking entirely worthless, it should be 500k-1m every 15 minutes, that would be the best way to make both parties happy.

500-1mil per 15 is too much it would NOT prevent real world trading and geepee laundering. 100k per 15 is not too much though and I think Jagex should adjust the figure to this.

Just think of it this way though, the people buying gold were most likely buying large amounts at a time. if it was 500k every 15 minutes, in one hour, you could only trade over 2 mil. This would be a huge hassle for the goldsellers, so they probably would just drop the duel arena all together.

siggy.jpg

Just think of it this way though, the people buying gold were most likely buying large amounts at a time. if it was 500k every 15 minutes, in one hour, you could only trade over 2 mil. This would be a huge hassle for the goldsellers, so they probably would just drop the duel arena all together.
exactly, 500k is not too much, its just right.

exactly, 500k is not too much, its just right.

Furthermore, if they wanted to transfer a significant amount of gold, it would have to be through many repeated trials. Jagex could easily implement a system that could detect these.

Tbh, I am very disappointed in Jagex.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I don't mean to advertise my suggestion here; but I really think it is essential to this dicussion.

Here is the topic, if you would take just a small glance at it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

You guys are all acting like in this game, if someone else wins, you lose.

What the hell? Do you all really care about "unfairness" this much? Play your own game and let them play theres. This game is "win-win", not some sports-"win-lose" game.

As for the update itself, idiotic move on Jagex's part. What do you as a player lose by someone else, who you've most likely never encountered in this game, let alone your life, spending their own money to get a bit of cash in the game? Okay, now what do you lose by this update? Genius move Jagex.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I found an interesting quote while scanning through the RSOF's Duel Arena rants sticky. With no personal comment, here is the quote, with player names censored out:

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

20-Nov-2007 19:40:06

**********: No, oddly enough this isn't the only thing we have done.

Let me set the record the straight for you, we can ban a lot of gold farmers, we *do* ban a lot of gold farmers.

The problem is, that doesn't stop them. They come back, and they can continue coming back over and over again because they have the time and resources for it.

We need to stop this problem at the source, and we are taking measures to do this.

This is one way we can limit how they transfer money. We will be working on other methods as well, implementing new systems to make Runescape a NICER game to play.

So many of you complained that macroers and goldfarmers were ruining the game, now we are doing something about it and if you don't want these people hogging all the resources and giving other players unfair advantages by selling them gold, I am afraid that a few changes will need to be made.

What would you prefer...

1) A Runescape with no cheating, or unfairness?

2) One less way to make money.

I know that's simplifying the situation heavily, but it boils down to that.

We know this would have major changes and sadly cause loyal members to quit. But we wouldn't be doing it if we could resolve it another way.

~ MMH ~

The Duel Arena Update

Quick find code: 27-28-630-54011496 : page 378

Makes sense to me...now the hard part will be getting the 12 yos to understand the logic :-k

What do you as a player lose by someone else, who you've most likely never encountered in this game, let alone your life, spending their own money to get a bit of cash in the game? Okay, now what do you lose by this update? Genius move Jagex.

What do we lose? our cash....wonder why the Dragon Ful helm is around 50 mil? because ppl have it and are willing to spend it, because they have more money then brains, and most bought it from cheat sites. I refuse to believe you can legitamently make 1 billion gp with a character who has 500 total stats.....I could care less about paper hats, but look at the prices....585+ mil for the highest one.....come on....RL gp buying is the reason. Look at the god sword prices. They ARE hurting the legit players....

I have 59 whip and 14 dark bows dropped and sold to date....96 mage all from alching the logs I cut to maximize profit....I make my money legit, and I can not even think about affording the God armors, swords, DFH...etc....ridiculous, THEY ARE ruining the game. Of course from your perspective, it "isn't" a problem. I won't even get into an integrity discussion, we all know that isn't a concept 95% of RS players understand. Yes it is a game, but it is being played with real people, who have real life time invested, and are emotionally connected in various levels with their characters...so cheating does matter.

Anything they can do to prevent RL gold buying, and prevent bots, I am in full support of.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

What do you as a player lose by someone else, who you've most likely never encountered in this game, let alone your life, spending their own money to get a bit of cash in the game? Okay, now what do you lose by this update? Genius move Jagex.

What do we lose? our cash....wonder why the Dragon Ful helm is around 50 mil? because ppl have it and are willing to spend it, because they have more money then brains, and most bought it from cheat sites. I refuse to believe you can legitamently make 1 billion gp with a character who has 500 total stats.....I could care less about paper hats, but look at the prices....585+ mil for the highest one.....come on....RL gp buying is the reason. They ARE hurting the legit players....

If by 'cash' you mean the $5-65 you spent on membership this month/year, then that cash was as good as spent anyway. Even if you didn't buy RuneScape membership with it, you most certainly could have bought something else, either something you wanted or needed as an adult.

If by 'cash' you mean your RuneScape GP, then your current example doesn't exactly back that theory up well. The Dragon Full Helmet is so expensive because it's hard to get the resources to fight Mithril Dragons and get them as a drop (or get chewed bones for a drop). The reason that partyhats are so expensive is because of their rarity; their prices have been going up and up and up since 2002, and that's honestly the nature of a rare item.

By the way, you claim that someone that buys a Dragon Full Helmet has 'more money than brains' and got their money from a RS gold site. Are you calling people cheaters without any proof? And we're talking players with 1875+ total here.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What do we lose? our cash....wonder why the Dragon Ful helm is around 50 mil? because ppl have it and are willing to spend it, because they have more money then brains, and most bought it from cheat sites. I refuse to believe you can legitamently make 1 billion gp with a character who has 500 total stats.....I could care less about paper hats, but look at the prices....585+ mil for the highest one.....come on....RL gp buying is the reason. They ARE hurting the legit players....

If by 'cash' you mean the $5-65 you spent on membership this month/year, then that cash was as good as spent anyway. Even if you didn't buy RuneScape membership with it, you most certainly could have bought something else, either something you wanted or needed as an adult.

If by 'cash' you mean your RuneScape GP, then your current example doesn't exactly back that theory up well. The Dragon Full Helmet is so expensive because it's hard to get the resources to fight Mithril Dragons and get them as a drop (or get chewed bones for a drop). The reason that partyhats are so expensive is because of their rarity; their prices have been going up and up and up since 2002, and that's honestly the nature of a rare item.

By the way, you claim that someone that buys a Dragon Full Helmet has 'more money than brains' and got their money from a RS gold site. Are you calling people cheaters without any proof? And we're talking players with 1875+ total here.

I can buy the DFH, 50 mil isn't an unachievable amount with a decent character, especially with high slayer. I prefer to get it like the rest of my outfits....from a drop. I am fully aware of how much of a pain miths are to kill, i just spent 2 hours a night for 2 weeks there, no drop. The price of "rares" has jumped up rocket fast in the last year and half.....right around the time when all those extra rs gold sites sprung up...do the math.

By the way, I said "most", since you had a hard time seeing that, I bolded it for you. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to see the correlation between rare prices, god items and the influx of gold from illegal means. As a legit player, I am not hurting for cash with the amount of drops I have gotten from slayer.......but I can not, nor would I, buy a paper hat for 600 million gp....you could "stake" everyday for a year and not make 600 million in MOST circumstances....I am not saying it is impossible, just improbable. One or two very skilled hi-lev players...sure, but there is so much gold floating around...I am sick of seeing the prices double every 3 months, and lev 60s sporting their "I got 4 p-hat sets and no stats to speak of".....cheaters...plain and simple..makes me nauseous. One or two great hi stakers....buyable, but 2 or 3 players couldnt drive up the prices of all rares and god items to the level it is today...that is from the uber rich nubs who buy it online....I had a lev 58, with laughable stats, trade me and put up 750 mil yesterday at draynor.....and listened while he bragged to everyone how he was uber rich and had gotten it from a "secret technique"....ya real secret....internet search...rs gold, click

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

We need to stop this problem at the source, and we are taking measures to do this.

Read: "We declared war on RWIT". They are not targetting the source anyway. The source is described in the RWIT article I have written, which you can find in my sig. The source is the ridiculous massive grinding required in these games. Jagex still hasn't learned a bit.

This is one way we can limit how they transfer money. We will be working on other methods as well, implementing new systems to make Runescape a NICER game to play.

I've said it on another thread about the duel change already: if they actually have the guts, Jagex is going to take away player to player trading in their holy crusade against RWIT. Trading will be replaced by the GE in that case.

So if communist Jagex is serious, you better hold you breath... They are willing to destroy their whole game over a non-issue. Good call. :lol:

Jagex themself even forgot about this game being about fun - as have most people.

Read: "We declared war on RWIT". They are not targetting the source anyway. The source is described in the RWIT article I have written, which you can find in my sig. The source is the ridiculous massive grinding required in these games. Jagex still hasn't learned a bit.

I've said it on another thread about the duel change already: if they actually have the guts, Jagex is going to take away player to player trading in their holy crusade against RWIT. Trading will be replaced by the GE in that case.

So if communist Jagex is serious, you better hold you breath... They are willing to destroy their whole game over a non-issue. Good call. :lol:

Jagex themself even forgot about this game being about fun - as have most people.

Well I went and read your "editorial"...interesting, wrong in my opinion, but interesting perception. You know probably half of the players are children, most of which can probably barely afford the $5 USD, let alone buy RS gold, while others could buy it easily...thus that is why it is unfair. To have a player spend copious amounts of time and energy to build their character, then watch some dweeb run by wearing 700 million....or be owned in the wild by a over financed and built "pure"...kinda makes him/her not want to play....understand? I am a 39 yo US Naval Officer who makes the equivalent of $42 an hour, with a careerist wife and 4 kids....affording rs gold would be easy, I have the monthly rs fee in my pocket in spare change....wouldnt be very fair now would it if I bought 40 billion in rs gold and bought up every rare just to drive up prices or walk around with every item in the game instantly available to me, when you are standing beside me working away at your being able to buy a full rune set...who would want to play THAT game? no one...and the game would fail. That is one of the reasons why I think it should remain illegal.

Off topic: woot, just got whip number 60 to drop dances* <3:

lord+krohn.png

We know this would have major changes and sadly cause loyal members to quit. But we wouldn't be doing it if we could resolve it another way.

There is another way to resolve it which is very simple... Just do so that only people within 10 Combat levels of each other can stake each other -.- Since 95% (or more) of all real world item traders are Combat level 3.

I've posted this solution many times, I gotta admit.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

There is another way to resolve it which is very simple... Just do so that only people within 10 Combat levels of each other can stake each other -.- Since 95% (or more) of all real world item traders are Combat level 3.

No, that doesn't work. You don't know the exact levels of real-world traders (as it was implied earlier, a level 50-something could have done it too), so it would only create more fodder for players to complain with.

@Lordkrohn: We're both on the same page of why we don't like players buying gold. I just don't believe that "most" players buy their gold online. Not unless I can see some hard evidence.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No, that doesn't work. You don't know the exact levels of real-world traders (as it was implied earlier, a level 50-something could have done it too), so it would only create more fodder for players to complain with.

@Lordkrohn: We're both on the same page of why we don't like players buying gold. I just don't believe that "most" players buy their gold online. Not unless I can see some hard evidence.

fair enough, however I think I meant to say that a large percentage of the uber rich, probably have....like the guy with the 750 mil with junk stats laughing about how rich he is....although you are correct I feel in that to paint a wide swath of "majority buy online" would be false. I give you that :)

peace

lord+krohn.png

ONE less way of making money!?

He JUST said that they were going to take mesures, which means they will most likely change other minigames, or places. THERES NO WAY TO STOP GOLD-SELLERS OTHER THAN LEGAL DEBATES, GET IT THROUGH YOUR UBER-THICK SKULLS JAGEX!

jordangmsunset.jpg

That won't work. Say a lvl 105, an extremely talented at staking lvl 105, wanted to challenge a lvl 126 to a duel. Under your system, that wouldn't be possible. Also, it would virtually eliminate all "funning."

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Oh dear oh dear...

Does this mean they are going to ruin trading by putting a price cap on what and how you trade each day? Ow, I am beginning to fear the Grand Exchange update.

All these measures they're taking seem so pointless, because in the grand scheme of things, people can always find a remote location and just drop trade. Not only does that not send out red flags to jagex, but as long as we still have the ability to drop items (for a few weeks at least), people will be able to transfer anything.

The whole thing is just so hypocritical. They claim they're doing this to make it a better, more enjoyable game. But from what I'm seeing, 90% of people here are finding this line of updating extremely frustrating and see jagex going down a path of ruining the game, not making it better.

I'm honestly getting worried about the GE too meili. If anything, rares are going down not because of duel arena changes, but because people are afraid jagex will make it so you can only trade 3k cash at once or something.

I can buy the DFH, 50 mil isn't an unachievable amount with a decent character, especially with high slayer. I prefer to get it like the rest of my outfits....from a drop. I am fully aware of how much of a pain miths are to kill, i just spent 2 hours a night for 2 weeks there, no drop. The price of "rares" has jumped up rocket fast in the last year and half.....right around the time when all those extra rs gold sites sprung up...do the math.

:-s So, what exactly is the problem here? Are you saying that the fact that people RWIT is the main reason for the high prices of rare and discontinued items? A correlation and a cause-and-effect scenario are two very different things my friend. If you have any more reasoning for such a claim beyond, "they both went up", then I can not understand the logic behind such a claim.

By the way, I said "most", since you had a hard time seeing that, I bolded it for you. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to see the correlation between rare prices, god items and the influx of gold from illegal means.

"Influx of gold by illegal means" :lol: ?

The only major "influx of gold" I can think of is high alchemy. Are you saying that's illegal now?

As a legit player, I am not hurting for cash with the amount of drops I have gotten from slayer.......but I can not, nor would I, buy a paper hat for 600 million gp....you could "stake" everyday for a year and not make 600 million in MOST circumstances....I am not saying it is impossible, just improbable. One or two very skilled hi-lev players...sure, but there is so much gold floating around...I am sick of seeing the prices double every 3 months, and lev 60s sporting their "I got 4 p-hat sets and no stats to speak of".....cheaters...plain and simple..makes me nauseous. One or two great hi stakers....buyable, but 2 or 3 players couldnt drive up the prices of all rares and god items to the level it is today...that is from the uber rich nubs who buy it online....I had a lev 58, with laughable stats, trade me and put up 750 mil yesterday at draynor.....and listened while he bragged to everyone how he was uber rich and had gotten it from a "secret technique"....ya real secret....internet search...rs gold, click

Are you telling me that RWIT generates gold? 'Cause if not, I havn't a clue what you're trying to argue.

And for that matter, try and understand that inflation is a general increase in prices. From everything I have ever understood about the game, an increase in gp does not seem to increase prices- most likely because there is no cost for living. The only things that do increase in price are rares, and the main drive behind there increase is rarity, being limited within an expanding community, not RWIT.

On the main topic, what exactly does RWIT do to hurt you? Sure, some pompous kid has a party hat, so what? It doesn't effect your playability, it doesn't effect your stats, your character, it doesn't hinder you in any way- what's the problem? You're jealous? Angry? So, over nothing more than emotions, you'd choose to limit your ability to play, by, I don't know, destroying a main aspect of the game?

Seriously?

[PS]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.