Summoning being confirmed, other reasons?

One Too Far

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what I thought when I heard, and most likely exactly their plan. "Well, we just pissed of a ton off players, so lets reveal summoning early so that they forget all about it and we don't lose money!"

Pretty much! :P

Now lets all go with the hype and forget about duelling like we are meant to :-k . (sarcasm)

LOL, not so easy, Jagex. We still remember the duelling arena, we are not (all) goldfish. :XD:

well rsof is one big bowl of goldfish so theyre plot worked, they safed theyre hides, atleast regarding the 10year old rsofers

Imo getting rid of staking wasn't that bad, and i rather have Summoning instead of Duel Arena.

Wasn't bad for me personaly either, but they did kill (or serverly wound...) a big part of runescape, and almost all of runescape for some people, or atleast some of their acounts. But im still happy, i just get the skill without the negatives of no duel arena +).

It did more bad then good to be honest.

like scamming cursed for purple HI KEVIN BABY

Yep, they released this Achievement Diary to mislead us from the unhappiness of the deleting of staking.

Worked for me, for an hour............ :oops: :( <.< :uhh: :|

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I'd like to point out that they said that they'd release 'a trickle of data over the next few weeks' (or words to that effect) in the BTS article... which was published on either the first or second of november. well, it's been 3 weeks since then, so this could just be coincidence.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I don't think Summoning is "Possibly the biggest update RS2 has seen!" - Jagex

I think they are still yet to release some information on the "possibly biggest update since RS2"

But, if it is Summoning, what a let down IMO. Although I will probably enjoy the skill, I don't see it being the biggest release ever.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Sounds interesting. I don't have 100% confidence in this one. But let's see how it goes.

So many people will be training Summoning in the first couple months after its release that the game will be horribly laggy. Also, as messed up as PvP already is (you can hit a 49 with a whip FFS) the release of something to aid you in PvP is just asinine. Ughhh.... This update is going to cause chaos. But then again, that's the trend with Jagex's updates, lately. They are so out-of-touch with their players that they cannot even begin to comprehend the side-effects of their updates.

Now that you are finished with your emotion outburst, how about some proof how summoning is going to work? For all you know, you need to wield a certain item in your right hand, making other types of combat very hard.

phata_elise.png

well, summoning isn't that big, so I imagine that they have a LOT more to this than they are letting on. I imagine that they are going to add something at around the same time that requires summoning that is much, MUCH bigger.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Rigth up till now I could always hope that they would relese soemthign more like necromancy. Oh well, this could be neat though I dont quite understand how animals are going to help me mine, craft, and do herblore (I assume they will aid all skills), so this will be interesting.

Anyone want to do a mad rush to 99 Mage before this update? I know I will :D. Also, once this new skill comes out, I only need to get 30 at most to get 2k total \:D/.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Rigth up till now I could always hope that they would relese soemthign more like necromancy. Oh well, this could be neat though I dont quite understand how animals are going to help me mine, craft, and do herblore (I assume they will aid all skills), so this will be interesting.

One way animals could possibly help with skilling is by acting as pack-animals, ie. allowing you to carry more per trip to, for example, a mine. This is hinted at in the BTS as Jagex are saying that not all the summons will be combat related.

However, I can imagine the whinging and whining from people saying how easy skilling is now that we have pack animals and can effectively mine quicker. :lol: :wall:

Anyone want to do a mad rush to 99 Mage before this update? I know I will :D. Also, once this new skill comes out, I only need to get 30 at most to get 2k total \:D/.

If you mean for summoning? Didn't they say in the development diarie that it was going to be a seperate skill unlike originally planned :-k

They said they were leaving hints, and they were.

One of the little icons for the news report (think it was Nov BTS) had a rabbit with antlers, called a jackalope. A creature mentioned in todays article is called a wolpertinger, a creature almost the same as a jackalope.

I think the white and blue wolf icon for the Summoning DD is also another clue. I also saw the bulldog thing weeks ago.

I noticed these clues, but didn't know what sense to make of them.

They did not suddenly release this report to ease the attention on the duel arena.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

So many people will be training Summoning in the first couple months after its release that the game will be horribly laggy. Also, as messed up as PvP already is (you can hit a 49 with a whip FFS) the release of something to aid you in PvP is just asinine. Ughhh.... This update is going to cause chaos. But then again, that's the trend with Jagex's updates, lately. They are so out-of-touch with their players that they cannot even begin to comprehend the side-effects of their updates.

I think it should be illegal to rant about updates when you know nothing about them...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I think it should be illegal to rant about updates when you know nothing about them...

Not ranting about an update. I am simply expressing concern about one part of the update, that if not properly designed, will destroy what's left of the combat system. If you can use Familiars to aid you in combat, they need to design it so that you, yourself, cannot attack the opponent with anything other than magic spells.

td2sig.jpg

You're expressing concerns on a topic with almost no information at all. It's like people who take every update Jagex announces and then says it'll screw up the economy, the combat triangle, skill training, and pretty much the entire game. Then it comes out and they're like, "Oh, it was just a new dungeon with a superweapon."

You're doing the same thing, saying it'll screw up the game and throw it into chaos and lag the game for months with no facts to support your reasoning at all, just assumptions.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Personally... I never was a staker. When I read the article the day of it's release and saw something like a 3k limit... I figured a lot of stakers would be annoyed. Basically... it's to attract attention to tournaments where winning seems more legitimate.

This new article, confirming summoning, was probably already planned to begin with, and people are probably reading too much into it.

Some of you are so eager to call Jagex idiots, but in doing so you fail to realize that a four part diary would require a decent amount of planning and couldn't possibly be done on the fly to detract from a "mistake" in which Jagex supposedly made.

First impression of what I read concerning summoning. Personally... I'm really not impressed. BUT... there's more then likely a lot more to it. Especially when some of the things that were said conflict with what they left me believeing at the end of that article.

I say just wait and see where the diary is going before making any drastic assumptions about the skill (especially those who already seem to foolishly be drawing conclusions... hint hint).

EDIT: In all fairness... Farming did lag the servers really bad when it first came out. So people drawing a conclusion concerning lag is a little different then going on about the in game economy and all that other garbage.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Farming came out so long ago, Jagex servers can probably handle a new update fairly well *cough-cough* Construction *cough*

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Can't really compare Construction and Farming. Just because Construction wasn't capable of being created until long after Farmings release doesn't mean that Construction effected the server in the same way as Farming.

You're comparing one area that is ever so slightly altering by numerous players (Construction) to numerous areas constantly being altered by numerous players (Farming).

Summoning would fall in with Farming depending on how it's done.

Point is, it isn't a ridiculous assumption to think that it would cause lag.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva