Final Fantasy 12 Accomplishments.

m0nkeym0j030

This is a topic for Your best final fantasy accomplishments (DUH!!!). My Best Accomplishments Were.... defeating the ring wyrm rank 3 mark with 1 party! i used basch vaan and ashe. I also Managed to kill yiazmat in 5 hours!!!!!!

(bleep) All haters I see, Cause I hate that you breath, I see you duck you little punk you lil freakin disease.

The Thread marks?? And if youre talking about the archades empire in here they kill!

He means he reported your post to be moved to the right forum, and by the Emperor he means me, of course.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I managed to not buy into the whole Final Fantasy fad. That seems to be an accomplishment in itself these days.

Me too. Well, it isnlt entirely true. My dad bought Final Fantasy X, we both played it once, never played it again. So for a brief, vulnerable moment, I was in. :ohnoes:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I managed to not buy into the whole Final Fantasy fad. That seems to be an accomplishment in itself these days.

Same, I don't understand how those games are fun. And 12 freaking games? Jesus, and they say their milking the Halo series!

theres more than 12, theres a few based on 7

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

the games aren't sequels and have no connection to each other other than recurring names and a few spells but that's like calling the same gun in halo 1 the same as in halo 3.

these are different games, different protagonists, and different storylines.

i nearly beat 12 without all those hunts but i had to reformat my ps3 and it started over so i'm not playing it over again

Kaizoku

• 6 months later...

i still need to kil yiazmat, only took 3 bars off it before i stopped playing.

still need to get zodiark, i keep getting ko'ed by darkja (-.-)

still hoping to get zodiac spear the hard way...

penelo fails...

and thats about it

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

Same, I don't understand how those games are fun. And 12 freaking games? Jesus, and they say their milking the Halo series!

theres more than 12, theres a few based on 7

And they say halos over rated.

If you're going to try and bash the final fantasy series, at least come up with decent arguments and not the repetitive "OMG HOW DO THEY KEEP THE SERIES GOING ON FOR SO MANY GAMES!!!!".

short answer: PLAY THE DAMN GAMES

Long answer: (see below)

Fantastic storyline with great characters and level/stat gameplay with elements of strategy produce the immersion makes a game interesting. If you prefer games that involve big guns and killing masses of enemies before they all kill you then obviously it's gonna appear slow-paced. I'm by no means all for role-playing games and I do find it quite annoying that the FF games contain SO many missibles and random calculations that I need to have a guide right next to me while playing the games (or else I'll miss crazy stuff like Anima in X, Alchemist Dresssphere in X-2 or Zodiac Spear in XII) but the epic story-telling in FFX, for example, is my second favorite story of all times, the first being the Metal Gear Solid series.

Steering away from mainstream stuff just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make you cool. Also assuming that 12 consecutive games qualifies as "milking the series" is completely ignorant. In all final fantasy games there has only been ONE game that was a direct sequel: final fantasy x-2 for final fantasy x (and even, the sequel's battle system was very different). The world, characters and even sometimes the battle system is different in each final fantasy game.

Saying "final fantasy 12 is milking off final fantasy 7" is like saying "Halo 3 is milking off Call of Duty 4".

And they say halos over rated.

Incredible, so a few ignorants are ranting about a series they don't even play makes the entire game series overrated.

Yhatzee (from Zero Punctuation) put up some convincing and valid arguments and he was bashing the entire J-RPG sub-genre!

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

For all of you bashing Final Fantasy, realize that it would be PERFECTLY acceptable to call Final Fantasy XII or X completely different names. Final Fantasy games have almost nothing in between them. In terms of functionality, it's more like a brand than a series. They don't have the same characters. They don't have the same story or follow the same story sequence. Most of them aren't even in the same world...

X-2 is a sequel to X in a way Halo 3 is a sequel to Halo 2. XI has nothing whatsoever to do with X, as it is an MMO in a different world with different characters, different races for characters, totally different storyline and background. XII has nothing to do with X or XI being in another world, with a different set of characters, and another different storyline. Going back further, IX, VIII, and VII all had different stories and characters and worlds (Although it's loosely implied VII might occur on the same planet as X. Even then, none of the locations are the same, none of the characters are the same, and hell, most of the races aren't the same.)

What's more is, most of the games have a different combat style too. Many of them have the well known turn based system, but even then they differ, either with the strange time gauge they used, or the sequence chart that determined who moves when. Then there's several with a tile based combat system resembling Fire Emblem, an RTS, an MMO, and a gambit / real time system from XII...

You can not fairly say one FF is a sequel of another (barring a few exceptions which were obviously meant to be, such as X-2, XII-RW, and the various FFVII spin offs), at least not in the way you can say Halo 3 is a sequel of Halo 2. Halo 3 is just Halo 2 with newer graphics, a new set of missions for the hero to be a hero again, and new guns to blow each other up with. The game play is pretty much the same all the way through, the story is just sequential, and the main character never changes...

To Solidus:

X-2 is a sequel of X. Revenant Wings is a sequel of FFXII. Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus are sequels/spin offs of VII. It is implied that VII is a sequel of X, but in a VERY, VERY loose sense.

[hide=soma's post]

For all of you bashing Final Fantasy, realize that it would be PERFECTLY acceptable to call Final Fantasy XII or X completely different names. Final Fantasy games have almost nothing in between them. In terms of functionality, it's more like a brand than a series. They don't have the same characters. They don't have the same story or follow the same story sequence. Most of them aren't even in the same world...

X-2 is a sequel to X in a way Halo 3 is a sequel to Halo 2. XI has nothing whatsoever to do with X, as it is an MMO in a different world with different characters, different races for characters, totally different storyline and background. XII has nothing to do with X or XI being in another world, with a different set of characters, and another different storyline. Going back further, IX, VIII, and VII all had different stories and characters and worlds (Although it's loosely implied VII might occur on the same planet as X. Even then, none of the locations are the same, none of the characters are the same, and hell, most of the races aren't the same.)

What's more is, most of the games have a different combat style too. Many of them have the well known turn based system, but even then they differ, either with the strange time gauge they used, or the sequence chart that determined who moves when. Then there's several with a tile based combat system resembling Fire Emblem, an RTS, an MMO, and a gambit / real time system from XII...

You can not fairly say one FF is a sequel of another (barring a few exceptions which were obviously meant to be, such as X-2, XII-RW, and the various FFVII spin offs), at least not in the way you can say Halo 3 is a sequel of Halo 2. Halo 3 is just Halo 2 with newer graphics, a new set of missions for the hero to be a hero again, and new guns to blow each other up with. The game play is pretty much the same all the way through, the story is just sequential, and the main character never changes...

To Solidus:

X-2 is a sequel of X. Revenant Wings is a sequel of FFXII. Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus are sequels/spin offs of VII. It is implied that VII is a sequel of X, but in a VERY, VERY loose sense.

[/hide]If you ever looked at them, the FF games do follow each other cronologicly (as in what technologies that have, thought FFX reset the timeline, the one thing that has always stood out was the airship and cid to go with it.) Also I don't get how people connect FFVII to FFX. One final thing Crisis core is a prequel to FFVII taking place 7 years before the events in FFVII.

[hide=soma's post]

To Solidus:

[/hide]If you ever looked at them, the FF games do follow each other cronologicly (as in what technologies that have, thought FFX reset the timeline, the one thing that has always stood out was the airship and cid to go with it.) Also I don't get how people connect FFVII to FFX. One final thing Crisis core is a prequel to FFVII taking place 7 years before the events in FFVII.

Are you sure about the games following each other chronologically? Off-hand the only real improvement in technology ever was IX with its gunblades.

If you played X-2, you should know of Shinra, who works with Yuna and the Gullwings. Later in the game there's a cut scene where he explains his discovery of a power source in the planet. He explains his dream to tap into it and use its power to better the world. The Shinra power company in VII created its Mako Reactor by tapping into the life stream.

That implies that the events of VII took place in Spira, many years after the events of X, probably propagated by Shinra's descendants. OR it could mean that Shinra was brought to another world to create the Mako Reactor, there is one cut scene that is only in the Japanese international version which I don't understand at all...

[hide=soma's post]

To Solidus:

Are you sure about the games following each other chronologically? Off-hand the only real improvement in technology ever was IX with its gunblades.

If you played X-2, you should know of Shinra, who works with Yuna and the Gullwings. Later in the game there's a cut scene where he explains his discovery of a power source in the planet. He explains his dream to tap into it and use its power to better the world. The Shinra power company in VII created its Mako Reactor by tapping into the life stream.

That implies that the events of VII took place in Spira, many years after the events of X, probably propagated by Shinra's descendants. OR it could mean that Shinra was brought to another world to create the Mako Reactor, there is one cut scene that is only in the Japanese international version which I don't understand at all...

I'm only american with an american ps2. Anyway it could be before because you know that old saying that history repeats itself...

If you look at FF(I) you have only boats to travel in, and only bows, arrows, and daggers to fight. FFII is preaty much the same. I never played FFIII. FFIV had tanks (not that you could drive around in) and again boats. FFV was weird and had steam powered boats (and ancient technology which in my mind implies the lost something, like those tanks.) FFVI had giant machines, Boats , scuba gear, and ofcorse the almighty airship. FFVII had cars, trains, and giant cannons, rockets, and the arrival of the first gun. FFVIII had trains, cars, boats, rockets (but more advanced then FFVII), and lets not forget giant flying schools(imagine trying to ditch that). FFIX basicly lived in airships(everything that moved was an airship). FFX was set back by the arival of sin but they still had the hovercams which set it apart with that new technology. FFXI I never wasted my time with because I hear it is horrible. FFXII had airships, boats, and guns so it was set back to around a FFVII time. I have not completed FFXII, (which I plan to, some day...) So if I missed anything tell me.

I guess you could say almost every game has a new technology, but I still say that the follow each other chronologicly because each number higher the community is a little more advanced then the last.

that could be true, because i don't beleive that the world on FFVII had a name...

but, if you look ath the maps, you realise that it wouldnt be possible.

then again, FFX does have a similar ( but less powerful and masamune lacking) sephiroth, Seymour but he fails :Þ

and another thing, where would materia fit into FFX if it took place before FFVII?

It just dont work...althouth one link i can make between the two are the summons...Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut... which i think (except X-2( havent played it -.-)) appear in all the final fantasy games to my knowledge, but as for 12, the names of the summons are used for airships...

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

that could be true, because i don't beleive that the world on FFVII had a name...

then again, FFX does have a similar ( but less powerful and masamune lacking) sephiroth, Seymour but he fails :Þ

and another thing, where would materia fit into FFX if it took place before FFVII?

It just dont work...althouth one link i can make between the two are the summons...Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut... which i think (except X-2( havent played it -.-)) appear in all the final fantasy games to my knowledge, but as for 12, the names of the summons are used for airships...

In Ivalice (The world for FF XII), Espers exist with the names Bahamut, Shiva, Leviathan, and yet there are ships sharing those names as well. Just because an airship or other object uses the name doesn't mean the summon doesn't exist.

Also, FFX and FFVII, if they do occur in the same world, take place in completely different time periods. It makes sense that the people and technology are different. And don't the Materia also resemble the spheres from FFX? I know the spheres were all blue, but other than that, the two were fairly similar.

Maps can also change greatly between the time periods, or maybe it was in a different portion of the world. Ever play Golden Sun? They showed two maps, one of their world several centuries ago, and one of the current world, and they were completely different. There's no reason a world can't change shape over a long period of time, especially in a fantasy environment.

In Ivalice (The world for FF XII), Espers exist with the names Bahamut, Shiva, Leviathan, and yet there are ships sharing those names as well. Just because an airship or other object uses the name doesn't mean the summon doesn't exist.

Also, FFX and FFVII, if they do occur in the same world, take place in completely different time periods. It makes sense that the people and technology are different. And don't the Materia also resemble the spheres from FFX? I know the spheres were all blue, but other than that, the two were fairly similar.

Maps can also change greatly between the time periods, or maybe it was in a different portion of the world. Ever play Golden Sun? They showed two maps, one of their world several centuries ago, and one of the current world, and they were completely different. There's no reason a world can't change shape over a long period of time, especially in a fantasy environment.

Good point, but I dont remember the materia ever having movies on them. As for the colors, I remember them being green, blue, yellow, red, and purple. I have played golden sun but only beat the first one. FF12 also takes place in the same world as FFT, look at that map and compare the two. It's a good example of how maps change over time. Going from FFT to FFTA is an example itself.

You guys ever think that they put that in there just for the hell of it? Kinda as a cameo appearance or something? Any who i beat 12 by just using one character throughout the game, i used Basch using a Zodiac Spear when i got it, was fun and very challenging, lots of training -_-

2w2n7nn.jpg

Best character ever

You guys ever think that they put that in there just for the hell of it? Kinda as a cameo appearance or something? Any who i beat 12 by just using one character throughout the game, i used Basch using a Zodiac Spear when i got it, was fun and very challenging, lots of training -_-

Some people finish Final Fantasy XII with:

Vaan - Level 1

Fran - Level 2

Baltheir - Level 2

Basch - Level 3

Penelo - Level 3

Ashe - Level 3

I think they've even killed Yiazmat in a 122333 playthrough. In case you were wondering about the strange numbers, those are the character levels they join at if you never train anyone or gain any exp.