Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

A little step for jagex, a large stap for runescape

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
Dear tip.it readers,

again i will annoy you with one of my "why didn;t jagex done it yet" topics.

As some of you might have already noticed you can now buy sets and make set boxes in the grand Exchange, which i think is wonderful. But why is it so that i cannot box my random event stuff yet? it's such a little step for jagex, create an NPC where you can box you random stuff, which means in f2p:

Box for mime

Box for forrester

Box for camo

Box for frog

Box for zombie

Box for shade robes

6 new boxes, if you take account that normally:

Mime space: top,legs,mask,boots & gloves = 5

Forrester space: hat,top & legs = 3

camo space: hat, top & legs = 3

Frog space: hat top & legs = 3 (although you can just save frog tokens ;) )

Zombie space: top,legs,mask,boots & gloves = 5

Shade robe space: (i thought 3 items? )

--------------------------------------------------

Total = 25 space

Space remaining after boxing = 6

Total space saved maximal 25-6=19

so you can save up to 19 spaces out of the 60 spaces available on f2p banks. That is one third of your total bank space! (on f2p ;) )

This would make an end to all whining people on f2p about bank space, sicne you can also 'box' green dhide sets and rune sets and like sra sets or something! And you can bank boxes!

that's why i say jagex, please, it's a little step for you, but a big stap for the runescape community and i KNOW this would bring only cheer and happiness to us. if this happends f2p don;t need to whine about anything any more!

( :uhh: then i cannot whine anymore!!! :XD: :uhh: <.< )

greetings,

Mauranius

FooK-A-Ji
[ Display Name History ]

FooK-A-Ji

The One And Only

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:FooK A Ji
  • RSN2:Flyingtoilet
Ever heard of the expression "give an inch, and they take a mile" ?

firegunnerz
[ Display Name History ]

firegunnerz

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts

agreed.

i think bank space would be better than boxing
Posted Image

hellbellz
[ Display Name History ]

hellbellz

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,631 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN '07:PC Princpal
You know that skill called Construction?

Check it out.

Edit: You're F2P. I doubt you're on Jagex's to-do list.

Atroxide
[ Display Name History ]

Atroxide

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 573 posts

This is more like "Give a mile, and they take an inch more".

Theya lready have it all programmed in, just add it 6 new boxes and walaa!

Fredz
[ Display Name History ]

Fredz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • RSN:Fredz
Members already have this option. It is called Construction costume room. So you should start dreaming about that becoming f2p. Because dreaming is all you can do at this point.
Posted Image
21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
yeh i am askign to add 6 boxes to the... 30+ you can already get? what is wrong with that.... and in this way f2p will NOT need more bankspace

Harrington
[ Display Name History ]

Harrington

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,252 posts
Yup, construction room is a winner. And if you don't have the level to make the stuff, just find someone who can make your flatpacks.
Posted Image

FooK-A-Ji
[ Display Name History ]

FooK-A-Ji

The One And Only

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:FooK A Ji
  • RSN2:Flyingtoilet

yeh i am askign to add 6 boxes to the... 30+ you can already get? what is wrong with that.... and in this way f2p will NOT need more bankspace

But we don't need bankspace...

What I'm trying to say is, you wouldn't even bring up this topic, were it not for the 2 extra spaces added yesterday in the update.

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
everyone that support this, please sent in a complaint with the following specified message (copy & paste):

dear jagex,

Why don't you add 6 boxes to the game where we f2p players can store random event items in? it's just such a little step for you, and it would be worth alot for many players! you would make it able for us to love you again after some updates that where not liked by all players.

yours sincerly,

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests

But we don't need bankspace...

What I'm trying to say is, you wouldn't even bring up this topic, were it not for the 2 extra spaces added yesterday in the update.

i brought up the topic, because i noticed they now have a box system for f2p-ers, why not extend it a tiny bit furter, to make all people a little bit happier. you memebrs wuill be happier because those f2p-er don;t have reason's to complain about bank space any more!!!

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
So, in order to get what you want (not even need), you're willing to get everyone to send in a load of useless emails into Jagex, thus clogging up their system, and making CS's job even harder?

I'm sorry, but grow up. They have rants forum for a reason.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
The purpose of sets isn't to make bank space anyway... it's too be able to sell full sets on the grand exchange. And random event outfits can't be traded.

rft
[ Display Name History ]

rft

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • RSN:curanir1
the point of boxing stuff is for convenient trading of full armour sets. As most random event stuff is non tradeable, then there is no need to box them. Members have costume space in their costume rooms for random event gear. For f2p, the GE is a massive update, but they still want to encourage people to be members, so giving extra bank space/boxing ability is not likely to be high on their priority list.
Posted Image
Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

guzoliub
[ Display Name History ]

guzoliub

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 165 posts

The purpose of sets isn't to make bank space anyway... it's too be able to sell full sets on the grand exchange. And random event outfits can't be traded.

There it is - the perfect answer to "why didn;t jagex done it yet"

Silver_Corner
[ Display Name History ]

Silver_Corner

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 773 posts

Yup, construction room is a winner. And if you don't have the level to make the stuff, just find someone who can make your flatpacks.

Like Me *Cough* 30ke per M costume room set *Cough*

Anyways. Because bank space was not the primary reason for these items, it is not likley to be created for a few more bank spaces. In Jagex's mind, if you want more bank space, you need to upgrade to P2P.
Posted Image

Wouter828
[ Display Name History ]

Wouter828

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RSN:Woltimus
  • RSN2:Wouter828
  • Clan:Clanless
you're f2p

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
yes i am f2p <.<

as a matter of fact i am the 56th f2p player

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx
f2p doesn't deserve updates and jagex already released a similar update to members ages ago(construction).

Nothing really to discuss.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

jessy87
[ Display Name History ]

jessy87

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,419 posts

f2p doesn't deserve updates and jagex already released a similar update to members ages ago(construction).

Nothing really to discuss.

except, for to say. the idea was good and jagex should continue with it, or fix the destroy box option on armor sets and better set related things for easier acess.

the boxed armor is good bank saver, and coupled with a house would make for a great place to keep other armors like barrows. but with it being only 1 spot for 4 items, why put in a house when your bank is fine? still a home is a great place and i wish jagex would let me put my keris their and my shield collection with other random weapons i have gotten from quests...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users