Summoning - How Are You Preparing?

Harrington

If it's p2p...

Then I wont do anything.

But if it's f2p...

Then I'll just train it.

I can't waiT! =P~ :ohnoes:

If you're F2P, then going on current information, about the only thing worth developing might be mining for that new rock. :mrgreen:

Harrington.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I am not going to prepare at all. When it comes out I will just train it to 60 or so and be done with it for a while. I am not the kind of player that is crazy about skills and has to have them as high as possible. No offence to people like that at all. I respect people like that, I just do not have the work ethic to do that. Summoning sounds interesting, but I probably will not enjoy it.

~Shadow Latio~

You're my boy blue!

Respect.

Lol thanks Rah <3:

Ya I might leave aside 2mil or so for the skill now that I think about it.

XBL: Wat is Aim

ruins.png

I' will be training at Magnius Mortifer untill the release.

I'll be a master summoner by then!

Huh. Never thought of Malignus before. Maybe you'll have to do a quest for him to access summoning? Herblore set the precedent.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, considering what the development diary said yesterday, Chickens will likely be the first animal you learn to summon, and egg will likely be a part of that. So I'm gonna grab about 20 regular eggs just to make sure...

Wait, they're in the Culinaromancer's Chest, aren't they? So I probably don't need to bother with that plan.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Just to be different, I'm working on my Smithing. The recent update to the Smithing interface left lots of obvious gaps, which points to an update in the near future. It's possible (disclaimer: I just made this up, I have no evidential basis for it other than guesswork) that we'll need to craft items such as bridles and collars for various of the summoned animals, which would fill the new blanks.

Or, of course, the coming Smithing update could be nothing to do with Summoning, and could instead be a continuation of Devious Minds. So either I get to make Katanas, or I get easier access to high-level products. Either way, I'm going to have a shedload of Mith arrows by the end.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Just to be different, I'm working on my Smithing. The recent update to the Smithing interface left lots of obvious gaps, which points to an update in the near future. It's possible (disclaimer: I just made this up, I have no evidential basis for it other than guesswork) that we'll need to craft items such as bridles and collars for various of the summoned animals, which would fill the new blanks.

Or, of course, the coming Smithing update could be nothing to do with Summoning, and could instead be a continuation of Devious Minds. So either I get to make Katanas, or I get easier access to high-level products. Either way, I'm going to have a shedload of Mith arrows by the end.

Fair point. I figured that new rock on the recent wallpaper release might be some kind of new ore for mining... smithing has been badly neglected over the last few years and is in desperate need of an update, so you could be right :)

Harrington.gif

since the release of the last diary i've thought of a few more:

Once the AI was working (in a very rudimentary state), the first five prototype NPCs were put into production - the macaw, granite crab, gecko, dreadfowl and vampire bat.

-chicken eggs since they announced that a "dreadfowl" will be summonable, and who knows maybe a pet chicken?

-Unicorn Horn, because i've heard many times that in a Postbag issue or something they announced some type of unicorn will be introduced? (not quite sure on this one)

-all hunter traps and supplies, because we will probly be able to hunt some summonable monsters.

-Granite, because of the granite crab, and maybe crab meat too?

-bat bones, because of vampire bats

I'll let you know if i think of any more.

dude if ur gunna create a post make sure to get ur facts right.

there will not be a new rune.

it will not be to hunter as mining is to smithing.

and u cant collect eggs there untradable.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

dude if ur gunna create a post make sure to get ur facts right.

there will not be a new rune.

it will not be to hunter as mining is to smithing.

and u cant collect eggs there untradable.

Do you work for Jagex? No. Then you can't possibly backup your first two points. Second, eggs have been confirmed as useful for summoning and of course you can collect them... how else have I managed to save 99 so far? Read the other posts about trading speculation.

Harrington.gif

• 2 weeks later...

iRead ! Simple and somethime fun.

Why preparing on something you don't know.

but things can helps :

- high skills (done) : whatever you need you can make it or skill to pay it.

- Hunter : could help to have a high one (270th cape = done)

- Maxing QP (done) : should help a lot to travel all around Gielinor.

- having spare cash, just in case

- save a bit more bank space than they gave to be easy

And as it will be a hard one (then expensive) : no need to plan getting its cape in a 'couple' of weeks.

Oh baby light the dark side...

As for preparing, I am doing very little. Continuing to do... whatever it is I feel like doing in the game.

I'm not planning on attempting summoning when it first comes out anyway, if it's anything like previous skills it'll be annoyingly crowded (he says that, expecting that a new skill will automatically have a new area. He also wonders if that's true). I'll probably do what I did for the last two skills, wait a week, then do tears to get myself to level 8 and avoid the very noob areas/monsters.

That's a pretty good strategy, I think I'll do that when skill somes out, until then I'll just get my hunter up. If it ends up not helping Summoning then I have a couple thou red chins to sell for profit :XD:

Storm122096.png