Summoning - How Are You Preparing?

Harrington

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to not prepare in any way whatsoever, then ghip everyone off the day it comes out by selling X item, people become so blinded by the awe and excitement of a new skill that they throw values out the door, I remember people were buying the nooses for 20k ea, when the quest with glourphie came out people were spending 100k on mud runes, when the easter event with the ring happened people were buying spades 10k ea, so use this chance wisely.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I'm really just training Hunter. It's a fun thing that I've actually heard Jagex state is directly related to Summoning, to great reasons for me to train it. :)

There's really not a ton that you can do besides wait for more development diaries/the new skill to be released. Remember back in May (when school was out <.< ) when there was the Varrock Museum update and everybody thought it was going to be Archaeology (including me)? I went to the digsite to get all of my equipment, only to find it useless in the update.

~Rcty

Rcty

I'm really just training Hunter. It's a fun thing that I've actually heard Jagex state is directly related to Summoning, to great reasons for me to train it. :)

There's really not a ton that you can do besides wait for more development diaries/the new skill to be released. Remember back in May (when school was out <.< ) when there was the Varrock Museum update and everybody thought it was going to be Archaeology (including me)? I went to the digsite to get all of my equipment, only to find it useless in the update.

~Rcty

The REFERENCE posted was in "PAST TENSE". Meaning it WAS going to be tied to Hunting, but then they decided to scrap that idea and try something else......

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Not really doing much to prepare since I rather spend that time gathering stuff that might not be needed on skills. I think I'll just enjoy my December in a relaxing way with some skilling. The month of December is my favorite month to just do nothing, lol.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Wait for all the stuff I sold to go down in price, buy it back for ~200k less than I sold it for, and laugh at all the people who spent millions on completely useless items. It'll be funny if it turns out to be purely gathering based, and you don't need anything but items you get through training the skill...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I'm going to not prepare in any way whatsoever, then ghip everyone off the day it comes out by selling X item, people become so blinded by the awe and excitement of a new skill that they throw values out the door, I remember people were buying the nooses for 20k ea, when the quest with glourphie came out people were spending 100k on mud runes, when the easter event with the ring happened people were buying spades 10k ea, so use this chance wisely.

i saw people selling at 70k ea on f2p (less common for people to actualy have spades wheres thy have a full use in members :P)

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

mentally prepare myself for the sight of thousands of idiots screaming "z0mqfltbbq!!!! summoning!!1!!shift+!!!1!!!+1!!!!". that and get some cash and some tele runes so i can use npc shops to cheaply work my way up.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

So at this point we've got at least a month to work various other skills and items before the much anticipated release of Summoning/AnimalLore.

Personally, I'm preparing by working on items and skills that I believe will be useful.

For about a month before Construction was released, I decided to collect lots of various types of logs. That gamble partially paid off when teak, mahogany and oak logs turned out to be very useful indeed. I hope to repeat this luck with Summoning.

Skills worth developing?

Hunting : The Development Diary says that Hunting will be to Summoning what Mining is to Smithing. As such, I intend to get at least lvl 90 hunting before the release

Runecrafting : They'll probably release a new type of rune for this particular spell (the life rune maybe). I don't know the level, but I'm working on this skill just in case.

Mining : That new rock on the Wallpaper section is intriging. I want the mining level to work on it even if it's not related to Summoning

Woodcutting : a by product of attempting to secure nests for bird eggs, suspected of being useful for the new skill?

Fishing : will you be able to catch high level fish as part of summoning? - sophia1900

Take a Break : take a thirty day break, so you come back refreshed and ready to put some serious hours into the new skill when it's released - Makoto_the_Phoenix

Items worth gathering?

Pure Essence : I've bought 100k to craft the new rune. Even if there is no new rune, this won't be a complete waste of money

Merchanting : Just gather whatever is needed after the skill is released and sell to high level players who are willing to spend millions on the skill early on. - Omali

Ashes : awaiting an explanation for this one... - Ollyc3

Energy Drinks : in case the new skill requires lots of running around - Juader

Bird Eggs : maybe finally a use for these with Summoning? - Jamesjeffery

Cold Hard Cash : some are hoping to power their way up the Summoning ranks by splashing cash on the skill.

High level runes : in the likely event that they are also used to cast Summoning spells i.e. nats, deaths etc.. - Solidus_77

Bones : perhaps bones will be used in summoning - Rahila

Quests?

Anything related to animals (in case a new quest is created to unlock the skill like they did with Runecraftin). A new quest might require the completion of previous quests such as Gertitudes Cat, IIcthlarin's Little Helper, Rat Catchers etc... - boxer5543

Anyway, what are you guys working on, and what are you collecting?

Findings...

So far most people are focused on training hunting and merchanting opportunities.

There seems to be some general hard feelings amoung F2P that Summoning will not be open to them.

Best advise would be that if you intend to save items, make sure they're worthwhile in terms of an alternative usage... just in case Summoning doesn't use them.

Possible Relation To Other Skills pure speculation

Mining : Summon a beast of burden to carry your ore back to the bank

Fletching:Send an animal to go collect flax while you collect it from their habitat - krisc6

Thieving:Summon a loud animal like an eagle to fly past the target and distract them while you pickpocket them. - krisc6

Fishing:Summon a carniverous fish or cat to catch the fish with you quicker - krisc6

Firemake:Summon a baby dragon to light teh logs twice as fast

Mining:Summon an animal to bash teh rocks like a rock golem - krisc6

no....it said animal lore and hunting were mining and smithing but they changed it after they re did it and renamed it summoning,atleast thats wut i understood

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

To be honest, I am not going to prepare at all. When it comes out I will just train it to 60 or so and be done with it for a while. I am not the kind of player that is crazy about skills and has to have them as high as possible. No offence to people like that at all. I respect people like that, I just do not have the work ethic to do that. Summoning sounds interesting, but I probably will not enjoy it.

~Shadow Latio~

XBL: Wat is Aim

ruins.png

To be honest, I am not going to prepare at all. When it comes out I will just train it to 60 or so and be done with it for a while. I am not the kind of player that is crazy about skills and has to have them as high as possible. No offence to people like that at all. I respect people like that, I just do not have the work ethic to do that. Summoning sounds interesting, but I probably will not enjoy it.

~Shadow Latio~

You're my boy blue!

Respect.

Maybe my 750 hunter pots will finally sell lol

Actually, since I'm F2P, I simply have that extremely bad feeling about this...as I guess that F2P will not even be allowed to touch Summoning at all. :( I'm just praying hard that someone at Jagex has a serious change of heart and releases Summoning for F2Pers too.

Keep dreaming? :|

its funny when hunter first came out my goal was 40 just for the spot cape then i was like na ill get it to 66 for the better one then just never stopped, now im at 97 hunter.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Some more great ideas :)

For now I'm going to keep an eye out for the next Development Diary. The first one gave us some vital clues, and I'm sure the next few will do the same. I'll update where appropriate.

Hopefully so far, people have an idea what they're doing to prepare, and those who aren't.... good luck when it finally happens :mrgreen:

Harrington.gif

I definitely think beating Tarn Razalor's Lair is a must. in the summoning wallpaper, it has a picture of him.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well nothing, unless the next few developement diaries reveal something that will 100% be needed.

When it comes out, if it is something I enjoy/has worthwhile benefits for training it, I am willing to spend some cash on it if that's the kind of skill it is. (Although I don't really think it will be)

Huh, never though of Tarn Razlor. I still have to do that as well.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA