Gravestone ITEM speculation

M6c_Magnum

Well, I always like to think ahead about updates and possibly take advantage of a rich person's desire to show wealth or be first...

When new quests come out, I immediatley figure out what items are needed for the quest... I then proceed to obtain these items and sell them to the uber rich players who do not have the time (well.. they have time, just want to finish quest) to get the item on their own...

When that one quest came out a few months ago, you needed full black to complete it... so I ran into crowded f2p places and bought tons of sets of full black for like 20k each (some noobs were so freaking happy haha) and then posted on the RSOF "Selling full black". Instantly, I got offers WELL over 100k for each set... made a KILLING that day (in the mills).. people were buying full sets for ridiculous prices hhhooouurrrs after the quest came out.

Next new quest I was online for, you needed a mith grapple to complete it... I immediatley bought like 200 mith bars for a good price, smithed them into the grapples and had my friend fletch them.. sold them for like 30k each..... (cost me like no more than 2k to make)...

yea okay that was off topic, but... anyways.. people are buying ash and stuff for the summoning, let's talk about potential items for gravestones:

Materials for gravestones (in real life):

Marble block (low/medium crafting)

Granite (2kg) (high crafting; strong stone)

Granite (500g) (high crafting; strong stone)

Granite (5kg) (high crafting; strong stone)

Iron bar/ore (smithing; cast strong, wrought weaker)

Limestone (low crafting, medium strength stone)

Limestone brick (low crafting, medium strength stone)

Sandstone (10kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Sandstone (1kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Sandstone (20kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Sandstone (2kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Sandstone (32kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Sandstone (5kg) (medium crafting; weak stone)

Bronze (Zinc) bar/ore (construction (to gild or paint); weak-medium stone)

All types of wood (Yew, Willow, White, Teak, Scrapey, Oak, Maple, Mahogany, Magic, Arctic pine, Achey) (woodcutting; probably weak or could vary.. typically very nice, but temporary (so maybe very good, but have to repair)

Making Inscription

chisel, maybe a new tool: awl

Possible items

Stone Head

Stone Seal

STONE TABLET

STONE-PLAQUE (the last two practically ARE gravestones lol)

You may also have to enchant the stones somehow with a god book or staff... something like with holy symbols perhaps?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Oh, and the information in ( ) after the item name is what skill I think it would be make to make that type of gravestone... and then after that is the real life strength of these stones.. and a bit of information (like on wood)

I am guessing the higher KG of stone, the bigger/denser/better?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

yaaaaaa. I want people starring at my super pretty grave after I die.... Might be good for uber rich pkers... They lose but they have such a nice gravestone that it gives the impression that they are so rich their death does not even bother them.

Otherwise this seems a completely utterly worthless update. :?

signature.png

Nah, I'm thinking possibly a better stone, some kind of better reward...

I don't think anything so drastic like another few item protects, but probably something worth getting if you can afford it without bankrupting yourself.. can't really think of anything reasonable at the moment, though?

Maybe a bit longer time to retrieve items that aren't picked up? Dunno...

Maybe burying bones at gravestones will have some benefit like altars? No idea, though, really, just random ideas I'm getting...

oversized.jpg[/bads]

:o wow u do think ahead :-) lol. Either way seems like a fun update for most :P just imagine or those tombstones in world 18 edgeville :ohnoes:

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãÃÆÃââââ¬ÃºMBÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦ ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâéK

lumba__jack.gif

lumba__jack.png

lumba__jack.png

prob extreme lag day 1, because evryone will be dying to see it. It might hurt pking though, because if a pkers likes to stic in said area and u see a bunch of graves, wouldn't you avoid that?

And just saying, I like my family's style of grave; we have marble inground tombs for the last like 200yrs on my Italian-Greek-Egyptian side.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Yea, I realize that they said BUY, but I'm thinking maybe it will be like construction, where you buy a plot (this is what you do in real life to buy a cemetery spot) and then build/buy a head stone...

And I wonder what if they'll have nice little mausoleums for the rich, thatd be cool :P

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Interesting story you had there, with some good investing / stocking up and reselling.

It probably wouldn't hurt to wait until the day when the stuff is released (earlier the better) and then hoard items? Or how long do these golden selling opportunities and hot stuff last?

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

From that my guess is that you will be given a small range of cheesy looking buyable graves to appear at the place of your demise. The fact that they referred to a gravestone called the Angel of Death seems to me like the whole thing is buyable.

Time will tell though.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Well I think it depends on the items... if granite is one of the items needed for graves, I would then go mine it really fast and sell it...

But, you see, with granite, I wouldn't hoard it right now at all because when it does get released, you can always go mine it really fast (get a few hundred per hour mining, no point to hoard)

But other items, in limited supply, it might be better to grab them earlier as they will be the more expensive ones on game day because they will be harder to obtain and with a lower initial stock :P

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I'm pretty sure that you can only buy the gravestones, not make them. Sorry, but instead of selling all of the materials to make gravestones, you're gonna have to roll around in your other piles of cash, sorry. (Selling the items required for a new quest? Why didn't i think of that!?!).

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

That's the best way to get quick cash in the game; to buy/sell new things once they come out. The gravestone update, while small, still has me interested, as I can't help feeling that I've wanted an update of this like before. It'd be kind of neat to show off your kills, especially in the wilderness. I have a feeling the update won't be a material-based update like Construction items, it'll just be a buy-to-upgrade system with various types of graves.

tipitsig.png

If this is a bought item as opposed to a crafted item, any hoarders will be very disapointed. Eh, it sounds like a pretty pointless update to me. But then, what do I know?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

If this is a bought item as opposed to a crafted item, any hoarders will be very disapointed. Eh, it sounds like a pretty pointless update to me. But then, what do I know?

It's not pointless, it's basically a way of saying either "Here. I died. Laugh at this shiny Angels of Death gravestone, you back-stabbing jerk. I died in honor.", or "lolz what nowz u think u get good stff but all u get is this sxpenve wouldn mrkr lolaz2211oneononeoneoneelevent". :P

tipitsig.png

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

From that my guess is that you will be given a small range of cheesy looking buyable graves to appear at the place of your demise. The fact that they referred to a gravestone called the Angel of Death seems to me like the whole thing is buyable.

Time will tell though.

Exactly. It sounds like you just go to some npc, buy whatever grave you want, with increasing prices corresponding to increasing elegance, and when you die, the gravestone you bought will appear where you died for ~1 minute, and people will be able to walk over and through it without having to double-click.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Actually, I thought the update said you bought the gravestones?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge