Addicted

Ducky_Inc

Hi,

I recently got Maxed Melee, and the pressure of getting "Better" is scary.

Currently with a total level of 1900+, i hope to reach #1 someday.

I play 4 hours a day, more on weekends.

Ofcourse i work irl, 7 hours a day.

Is this normal?

I dont have a girlfriend anymore (Broke up 3 months ago, not in love anymore). Got lots of friends, but they do alot of MMORPG's also, i see them enough. Dont do any sports (But i look very good, i really dont need it). And there is 0% party's here.

Any advice? Idk...

Thanks all

You're just a classic nerd like the rest of us :P

It's perfectly normal, from a physcological standpoint:

You are one of the best at Runescape, so you feel superior, only wanting to be more dominant.

Don't worry, as long as you aren't in a dark basement all day, get horrible acne, don't shower, and get obese (reference from WOW episode of southpark :) ), then you're fine.

[bleep] you all

Jagex said in a recent BBC interview that the average member plays 23 hours per week. You can gauge your own level of addiction from this lol.

I'm an average gamer myself logging about 20-25 hours per week.

You're surprising me there, I tought I was a LOT more addict than the majority of people, while doing 18-20 hours...

WarBlastoise.png

~Just stay healthy, keep up your real-life obligations, and in your free time, i don't see why you shouldn't be able to play.~

~To Harrington --> Wow, i though it was a LOT lower, i only get in around 15...~

Our_Moon.png

You probably have a moderate level of addiction.. But don't we all?

(28-35 hours/week is definitely addicted in a way)

Personally, my parents are really chewing me out about my RuneScape addiction. I play about 10 hours/week at the most..

I think you should cut down a bit.. Get to where your real life is bigger than your RuneScape life, at least. Then you'll probably be fine.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

I suggest spending more time with your friends, social contact is always nice. Keep playing Runescape as much as you feel you want to but be sure to diversify some of your activities. (like I said, get together with friends etc.)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You're just a classic nerd like the rest of us :P

It's perfectly normal, from a physcological standpoint:

You are one of the best at Runescape, so you feel superior, only wanting to be more dominant.

Don't worry, as long as you aren't in a dark basement all day, get horrible acne, don't shower, and get obese (reference from WOW episode of southpark :) ), then you're fine.

:-w

Describes me perfectly, jks jks

~Adrenal~

Is this normal?

I dont have a girlfriend anymore (Broke up 3 months ago, not in love anymore). Got lots of friends, but they do alot of MMORPG's also, i see them enough. Dont do any sports (But i look very good, i really dont need it). And there is 0% party's here.

Any advice? Idk...

Thanks all

Hi i think is quite normal, but about sport i just want to ask how much you old ? you look good but if you don't do sports - effects will begins from something like 26 years of old (fat & etc..), when you young you don't feel it yet just ;)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

in psychology, one of the basic tenants of gauging a mental disturbance is whether the condition negatively affect your life.

Looking at what you wrote, no.

However, if you begin to feel unhappy about the time you spent in RS, perhaps start looking for other activities to invest your time in. I am sure you can find something more interesting than RS in RL. Best of luck!

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I play 3 hours a night all week

Although I'm still at school it doesn't seem to get in the way of any work

Weekends I can play up to 7 hours :shock:

You'll keep on playing and playing until you come to a point like I did this summer where you stop and think,

"What gain am I getting from this" and you'll slowly fall away from runescape and get bored of contiuously doing the same thing on RuneScape, then you'll take a month or so break.

Then you'll find you really have nothing else to do

And you'll log back in just to check out how things are

Then instantly you'll be hooked again once you've realised you've still got unfinished targets

Aggh the good life of MMORPG's :D

Best of luck,

Samari (The no lifer) <3:

liverdh1.jpg

Help me starting out again - Give YOUR advice!

If you're collecting in game "hyt's" send me a message here or in game :D

I play under the average amount during school time but during holidays I can go waaayyy over that if i'm bored :P.

All I can say is, sports aren't there to make you look good. They're there to have fun so perhaps playing some will be beneficial :).

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements