Revenant Dark Beasts...

Roberthree

Well, as was said, you do not need a slayer level to kill them.

Maybe Jagex added them to F2P so that F2P'ers would get mems? Lol. :roll:

Good thinking "Join up or die" :lol:

No... extremely BAD thinking on Jagex's part. Killing innocent (as in, does not 'RWT/macro/scam' at all) players like that, instead of giving them a [long bleep - too much swearing] of a chance, is how you ensure you DON'T get them to pay for members. I'm not kidding, I literally don't want to be P2P ever if this is the kind of [long bleep - too much swearing] that Jagex wants to pull. Even if I was thinking of trying to beg my parents into it, Jagex just tossed the idea out the window.

Jagex, burn in [bleep] until you fix this mess.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe higher level ones only appear to people that are high level obviously.

They are up at level 40 wilds.

Whilst there is no way that they can kill me, they are tough to fight and the lvl 126 one does 30, might hit more as well.

The level 68 revenant also can hit 20 which I must say is the equivalent of a level 85 pker, and they attack level 40's, so it's a nightmare for the lower levels. But I like it, they get rid of the lower level rune miners, especially the ones that have autoed.

THanks Jagex. I finally see the light.

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining

LOL

I hosted a long time programmed wildy mining event last night.

The purpose was to team mine there without the fear of pkers due to the general team levels... but as pking is now limited in minigames...

So we come to hobs and start mining.

I was used to have mage protection outfit, little food, rapid tele and prayer in wild just in case...

Then came 1st Wherewolf reventant, not on me and start fighting my friend.

After a while, it changed of target on me : LOL

The fight is nice and its hard to kill as it heals : Being 106 + 70 prayer helps.

We continue, still laughing and then comes a stronger one : Ork.

ecr218fm9.png

This one, nobody did sw him come : only the mage attack...

As we watch the fight another comes on me but i left ressources in last fight... Was time to Die.

ecr216sb0.png

Death in new wild is lol : you rush back to bank, tele Edge, and rush to your gravestone : there you find back your items and can destroy it.

Oh baby light the dark side...

LOL

I hosted a long time programmed wildy mining event last night.

The purpose was to team mine there without the fear of pkers due to the general team levels... but as pking is now limited in minigames...

So we come to hobs and start mining.

I was used to have mage protection outfit, little food, rapid tele and prayer in wild just in case...

Then came 1st Wherewolf reventant, not on me and start fighting my friend.

After a while, it changed of target on me : LOL

The fight is nice and its hard to kill as it heals : Being 106 + 70 prayer helps.

We continue, still laughing and then comes a stronger one : Ork.

ecr218fm9.png

This one, nobody did sw him come : only the mage attack...

As we watch the fight another comes on me but i left ressources in last fight... Was time to Die.

ecr216sb0.png

Death in new wild is lol : you rush back to bank, tele Edge, and rush to your gravestone : there you find back your items and can destroy it.

Only if you're P2P and have tele powers out the wazoo. :shock:

But, again, you're another P2P'er who can't think of all the weaker people, which depresses me rather badly. :( ... Put yourself in our shoes in a mental sense for once, then you might get the idea a bit better of how bad things are.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

~Erm... Can't you just run away? Nothing says you have to be in the Wilderness. Nothing says you can't run away or teleport (unless i'm utterly mistaken.)~

They can ancient and freeze you though. (can)

icecube7.jpeg

Only if you're P2P and have tele powers out the wazoo. :shock:

But, again, you're another P2P'er who can't think of all the weaker people, which depresses me rather badly. :( ... Put yourself in our shoes in a mental sense for once, then you might get the idea a bit better of how bad things are.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

F2P can use the skull scepter to teleport to barbarian villiage, thats pretty close

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I just did a quest-- perhaps one small favour? where one dude was falsely accused so he had to run. and the shop keeper was very concerned about that dude who told he had gone to live in wilderness. and shopkeeper said somthing like : i donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt want to be there, you know what "scum hangs around there" :P

wilderness is a dangerous place! deal with that.

Being in wilderness lv 30 has always been gambling

and you have better chances anyway than facing pker (usually more than 1!)

and dudes, before entering wilderness you get warned!

finally entering wilderness is like losing virginity :D you aint innocent no more! in fact, DIE!

I just did a quest-- perhaps one small favour? where one dude was falsely accused so he had to run. and the shop keeper was very concerned about that dude who told he had gone to live in wilderness. and shopkeeper said somthing like : i donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt want to be there, you know what "scum hangs around there" :P

wilderness is a dangerous place! deal with that.

Being in wilderness lv 30 has always been gambling

and you have better chances anyway than facing pker (usually more than 1!)

and dudes, before entering wilderness you get warned!

finally entering wilderness is like losing virginity :D you aint innocent no more! in fact, DIE!

Well that was moronic... These things are definately much more dangerous than the occasional kid who might randomly dds you, and you can just run. before this update I had only been teleblocked twice, ever, and one of those was from a green dragon auoer9which I killed)'s master.

i just assumed that they'd leave the freezing and teleblocking out of F2P... This is totally not coo...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

llol so i am walking into deep wildy like 40 because of the update thinking what could possible go wrong. Then this 90 joins up with me. So we are having a good time then i see a revenant lol so i just continue walking but it attacks the 90 and hits like a 25 on it? then i decide i'm out then it freezes me i die and lost rune (t) lol man i realize that was stupid oh well with autos gone i can make itt all back

I got away from many 126's fine when i was killing greens....i only took 5 lobsters with me each trip, and had usually eaten most of them by the time a 126 wandered over.

Granted i was wearing black hides, not f2p, but if i can do it on just 2/3 lobsters it cant be THAT tough...can it? I'm pretty sure i could get away naked with only a few swordies :s

Well, I haven't checked out the renevants yet, but....

Whoa, whoa. They Ice Barrage and Teleblock you?! :ohnoes:

What is Jagex thinking?! :shock:

They are way too hard.

Agreed. They can force you totally away from your training zone and out of wildi entirely, which is not nice to innocent players like you and I.

I got away from many 126's fine when i was killing greens....i only took 5 lobsters with me each trip, and had usually eaten most of them by the time a 126 wandered over.

Granted i was wearing black hides, not f2p, but if i can do it on just 2/3 lobsters it cant be THAT tough...can it? I'm pretty sure i could get away naked with only a few swordies :s

Here's your wake-up call... I end up losing 16 of 20 swordies on F2P, even with Green Dragonhide Armor on!!! Those monsters hit you like as if it didn't matter!!!

Now, you want to try to tell me that it shouldn't cost more than 5 on F2P?

Wilderness is still dangerous without the PKers... especially deep one.

The long range of the revenants magic and their power makes it very dangerous.

Just to expand properly, it is worse than dangerous. It is more like...

Hi, this is Jagex speaking. Sorry, but we've only given you a 1% chance of survival in wildy due to the RWT'ers.

...and that's just my experience on the issue. They blow right through a F2P'ers HP like water.

Not my cup of tea, you might say. :(

~Mr. Devnull

(Currently on a very short fuse... He doesn't like those revenants.)

I admit they are pretty tough but I think ya'll are giving them a bit too much credit. I think they are too tough for f2p though if they are the same as they are in members worlds. F2p has not learned to deal with teleblocks and freezes. However, I, a lvl 77 ranger, went to check it out with nothing but a dds. I fought a lvl 75 revenant and nearly killed it. It hit pretty high but it was not as strategic as some pkers. Do protection prayers work against them?

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

I admit they are pretty tough but I think ya'll are giving them a bit too much credit. I think they are too tough for f2p though if they are the same as they are in members worlds. F2p has not learned to deal with teleblocks and freezes. However, I, a lvl 77 ranger, went to check it out with nothing but a dds. I fought a lvl 75 revenant and nearly killed it. It hit pretty high but it was not as strategic as some pkers.

First off, yes, they are as nasty and powerful as their P2P counterparts, and for us F2Ps are too dangerously strong. Going near them in wildi is effective suicide for us, and when they come along, they chase us totally out of wildi! You're right, we don't know how to handle freezing and teleblock, because we didn't get to check it out ourselves! :cry:

Do protection prayers work against them?

I think they do, although I remember times when there were hits getting past the mage protect. Although I might have been close enough to get melee'd (Which I know they do!) or ranged (If they even do such!) in those instances.

Maybe this is too scare away RWT and they will lighten up when lots of ppl quit......

Don't bet on it. :?

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

The only level 43 I've ever died to was a lv 43 revenant ice fiend. Sad eh?

Only sad that Jagex isn't giving players a chance versus these things, unless the player is part of a team that fights against revenants.

Hmm... If only I had the tools to make one of my own. What a thought. And yet, I'll never get to execute it. :-k

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

do the revant dark beasts drop anything good? I was kinda hoping they would drop like a dragon pl8

In 2 words? "WE WISH." :?

Best I got has been 100+ coins. That's all, and I've been only able to kill one of the many Revenant species that exist, and even then, I had to have help. The rest of the time, I've ended up running from them, and I don't like running from a monster. <.<

As I have voiced before, and I will voice again, I think the Gower Brothers signed a pact with the devil. Why else would these hellish things now happen to RuneScape? Why would it have been so easily been affected by RWT'ers/Macroers/Autoers? Why so many careless people? Why so many items being 'nerfed'? Why a lack of F2P bank space until now, which was causing people to create "bank accounts" and the like?

There are many more questions, but I want to know, for all of them, WHY?!?!?

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Pardon the rant, but it was necessary. I'm almost a mental wreck from the near-death occurrences from Revenants. Okay, I think that at least helped cool me down a little... maybe... :| ...)

Stupid Jagex!!! Now that there is no Pking and I'm lvl 56 i thought i could go to Dark warrior's fortress to crash the party (Rune to collect). Once i saw a revanant cyclop, think it's lvl 70+ at lvl 2 wildy. Holy #|_|{K!!! Good thin it can't hit me and I only bought three item... (i admit: I proudly live as a noob with only 60k cash)

Bad Jagex!!! They should have done their homework... :shame: