Don't rant about a problem you're causing

Jordanweb

I keep on seeing threads suggesting that jagex are developing runescape into a game for 10 year olds yet when there are jagex moderators ingame i see 100s of players acting like 10 year olds.

Shouldn't we instead be suggesting that these players be banned? Discuss.

I don't see your point. Not everyone complaining about the immature players are immature players themselves.

I don't know why there are so many immature players in-game. Probably a mix of various factors: easy access, first mmorpg, anomynity, free version, no gore, no suggestive graphics, easy to navigate website, etc.

2480+ total

Are you serious? What is there to discuss? This seems like it should be on the post about how jagex is treating its customers like 10 year old threads, not an entire thread itself. BUT, if you must make a whole new thread, the whole point is that you can see 100's of people act like 10 year olds, but the problem is that the other 2 or 3 million or how ever many play DON'T act like that. Hell, of the 140k that are playing right now, thats not even a significant amount to start changing the game just because of them.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Jagex knows that younger players are joining the game. So obviously they are trying to protect them (Ex: The filter system for swearing, all those dumb ads above F2P servers, etc.)

But I don't think Jagex has any way or any legal way of banning players under the age of 13.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

i agree ppl are completely immature, they complain over everything, take a fit when something doesn't go their way and act younger than they are.

the thing is, and quite simply, they're all morons!

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

But I don't think Jagex has any way or any legal way of banning players under the age of 13.

As far as I know, any game that includes a chatbox is 13+. So they can easilly ban the kid and if the parents complain they can just stick that rule under their noses.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

If kids hit the "Under 13" button for their age, they are prevented from signing up. That isn't to stop them lying about their age. There is no plausible way of stopping it.

Just live with it. If you can accept young-ins, you've got major issues.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

If kids hit the "Under 13" button for their age, they are prevented from signing up. That isn't to stop them lying about their age. There is no plausible way of stopping it.

Just live with it. If you can accept young-ins, you've got major issues.

Yep.

If they hit the under 13 button, does it ip ban them?

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I keep on seeing threads suggesting that jagex are developing runescape into a game for 10 year olds yet when there are jagex moderators ingame i see 100s of players acting like 10 year olds.

Shouldn't we instead be suggesting that these players be banned? Discuss.

Yay, another "ranting about people who rant" thread! Niw even more pointless than usual. :roll:

It's the ten year olds who act like ten year olds, and we are mad that Jagex is catering to them rather than the people who actually meet the age requirement.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

2 sentences, 1 question.

not much to discuss.

I say yes!

er no.. yes.. no.. um maybe.

Yup I'm sticking with maybe..

or maybe not..

It was such a detailed question I find it difficult to answer.

maybe you should elaborate your point less? Far too many points in the question to get my head around.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

In business, the youth are major targets for a lot of things, trust me

Cellphones, they're really helpful, but we didn't need texting, and whom were the ones who enjoyed texting? The youth, teenagers.

Games, adults don't really need video games, they play sports sometimes, poker and stuff, but it was for.. kids.

So yeah I mean most things are for kids, as kids keep a business running, and they have to satisfy the kids more but somehow Jagex doesn't seem successful at it. Well it's also because the kids take too much advantage and troubles brew from it. And another thing :S People love to complain, that's why we have rants =D

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

Odds are that there is actually 100's of players who are 10 year olds ;).

if not thousands i've met my fair share of immature players i could label under 13 but i have no way of knowing.

(Eg: using prayer to defend yourself in castle wars from 5 players, all over 100cb, beating you into the ground is now considered "pathetic noob")

now imo i find that calling me pathetic is pathetic. im using tactics, you know, the intelegence tha allows you to survive an onslaught or temp' delay your death. -.-

on topic: i think an IQ test might not be so well. if your Australian and you've watched "Are you smarter then a 5th grader?" you'll see what i mean. ::'

Popoto.~<3

if not thousands i've met my fair share of immature players i could label under 13 but i have no way of knowing.

(Eg: using prayer to defend yourself in castle wars from 5 players, all over 100cb, beating you into the ground is now considered "pathetic noob")

now imo i find that calling me pathetic is pathetic. im using tactics, you know, the intelegence tha allows you to survive an onslaught or temp' delay your death. -.-

on topic: i think an IQ test might not be so well. if your Australian and you've watched "Are you smarter then a 5th grader?" you'll see what i mean. ::'

even regis and tony hawk werent smarter then a 5th grader then how r we smarter... besides I only know half of those answers

Im so high I belive i can flyrang3_x_2h.png

even regis and tony hawk werent smarter then a 5th grader then how r we smarter... besides I only know half of those answers

Hablas Ingles?

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

If they hit the under 13 button, does it ip ban them?

Blocks their ip from registering a new account for like 8 hours.

Wrong. I tried it last year when I was 12 - I think I was going to make a ranging pure or something - and I just deleted cookies and selected a different option.

MSSW4TI.png

You have a great point because Regis and Tony are true scholars. What kind of academic contribution have either of them made? I don't think that an IQ test is proper. I just think that children under 13 are cheating. They should be punished. Jagex's next enemy to thwart should be all of the youngsters.

Truly with the latest updates. I think jagex is much like tobacco companies. They say that they have warnings for the youngsters, but in truth they want and need the new consumers.

felter_laur.png