The Ultimate GWD Guide (AOW Discussion) Updated 6-17-2008

Soma2035

Might want to add this though its not too significant or I missed it during the guide, praying on the altar with the item of that god gives 1 prayer point more than your prayer lvl. (like praying at arma altar with arma items or zammy altar with zammy items)

Actually, I left that out intentionally since I don't want to provide inaccurate information. Not every item gives 1 pray point. It might be a bug, but Saradomin Cloak for certain gives more than 1. Since I don't know how much each item gives, and it's not really important, I decided to leave it out, since it's fairly insignificant. If you know the formula for how many extra points you get that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a short update.

As you all know, the recent unbalanced trade updates made splitting with teams pretty much impossible. The bounty hunter method I suggested before is now impossible as well, due to the fact that Jagex left us with only 2 bounty hunter worlds.

I realize you could use the method I had listed before, where you just take turns getting drops by manipulating lootshare. That can still be done, but as most of my team agreed we're better off doing solo trips, whether to GWD or DKs, I probably won't be adding the void or ancients section until after the lootshare updates.

However, after summoning I will look into whether or not summoning helps at GWD, and if it turns out to be an effective weapon, I'll add it to the guide.

Ok, Soma. ARE YOU CRAZY? How is the zammy boss the easiest? I tried soloing him with the setup you suggested, twice, and I never damaged him at all before running out of food. With a team of 3 (they were unexperienced, one died), we barely even got 1 kill! From what I've heard, only the Sara boss is harder.

Bandos on the other hand, I have almost gotten a solo kill on before teleing. With a duo team, I can always get 2-4 kills.

From what I've heard, Kree'ara is the easiest to solo, although I never tried it.

Anyway, the only conclusion I can make is that this guide was made before the nerf, when 2 of the zammy minions didn't attack you in 1 corner of the room, and he was still soloable.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Ok, Soma. ARE YOU CRAZY? How is the zammy boss the easiest? I tried soloing him with the setup you suggested, twice, and I never damaged him at all before running out of food. With a team of 3 (they were unexperienced, one died), we barely even got 1 kill! From what I've heard, only the Sara boss is harder.

Bandos on the other hand, I have almost gotten a solo kill on before teleing. With a duo team, I can always get 2-4 kills.

From what I've heard, Kree'ara is the easiest to solo, although I never tried it.

Anyway, the only conclusion I can make is that this guide was made before the nerf, when 2 of the zammy minions didn't attack you in 1 corner of the room, and he was still soloable.

Before I explain why I call him the easiest boss, there's a few things you might have overlooked.

First: Do you meet the attack and strength suggested levels, use a Godsword, and have the attack and strength boosting items suggested? Were you using your super sets? And were you using Piety? If so, there's no way you miss that often. K'ril has the lowest defence to melee attacks of the four bosses, so I don't think you can hit that many 0s on him.

Second: Do you meet the defence requirements? Were you using the Karils/Veracs Hybrid? If so, you should NOT have been overwhelmed by the minions. K'ril himself almost never hits you if you pray melee and use part karils. Only his rampage should be causing you problems, and he uses it rarely.

Third: How often did he use his special attack against you? He usually never uses it more than twice in one fight against me. Also, when I was writing this guide, I did a solo trip to get the pictures I used. I had him redbarred without using ANY supplies, and I just let him hit me for several minutes while trying to get a picture of his special attack. Since you don't see that picture, it should be obvious I was unsuccessful in that...

Fourth: How careful were you in watching your prayer and hitpoints? I've found it works best to eat when I'm under 65, and heal to over 90 before I resume trying to attack.

Alright, now to address your concerns. First, as aforementioned, K'ril is the only boss that counts as a slayer monster. That means, you can get a 15% attack and strength bonus against his already substandard melee defense. Second, K'rils mage attack does very little damage, and is very inaccurate. Not to mention, he seems to use it rarely (I'd estimate the melee attacks to mage attacks ratio at 2:1). Bearing that in mind, using protect from melee prayer means you take very little damage from K'ril. I've fought whole rounds with him without a scratch caused by him personally. As for you taking a team, experience matters fairly little here. The only real important bit of information is to keep your hitpoints high, since K'ril WILL occasionally squash you through your prayers. He doesn't do this often, and if you keep your hitpoints high you should never die from it.

If you really are still having troubles with it, I'll show you a solo trip in game. Just PM me and I'll show you how to solo him, in-game. It's not that challenging...

Also, while Graardor doesn't hit nearly as high as K'ril does if you're using prayer, he uses his range attack far more often than K'ril uses his prayer-break, and it's much more accurate. When Solo-ing Bandos's General, the majority of the damage is actually caused by the boss.

I don't know if it is just me but the Photo's don't work.

There seems to be a problem with some of the pictures right now. Only about 2/3 of the pictures are showing up for me... something about bandwidth or what not.

I'm going to look into it some more, and possibly change a hosting site.

To the person before who has having trouble with Zamorak,

I looked at your highscores and I think I found the reason you're not doing well against Zamorak.

- You don't even meet the bare minimum reqs for a non-GS user. Your only melee stat that is 85+ is Strength, and it's exactly 85. That's not the most useful stat in Godwars.

- You don't have 70 prayer. I'm gonna guess you don't have the Knight Waves prayers either. Piety is pretty much CRITICAL, especially if you aren't using a black mask. Do NOT use Chivalry. You get far less bonuses, and it drains at the same rate as Piety (Approximately 40 points per minute, with +0 prayer.)

If you're not using a godsword, get 90 attack, defence, and strength, and 70 prayer, and finish Knight Waves. Then use a Whip/Defender combo with a black mask and you should be able to defeat him fairly easily.

If you ARE using a godsword, just get attack to 90, get 70 prayer, and finish Knight Waves. Black Mask will still be helpful, but I can't tell you for sure if it's a requirement or not: test it and see.

As far as team trips go: Just make sure everyone keeps HP above 70, and prayer above 30. Then you're in good shape.

nice guide, ive been trying to solo bandos with no luck. maybee ill try to kill a demon :twisted: or 2.

:ohnoes:

I'd say the same applies to you. I've looked you up and your stats seem a bit low to try any solo boss. If you want to solo Zamorak, get the stats I suggested for the other person before making your attempt. If you just want to kill him, get all 80+, and get a team of 4-5. You should be able to kill him several times that way.

I have got to say thank you very much for this guide it has helped me alot and given me something to train for.

Lets hope lootshare is fixed soon.

Amen to that dude.

Also as stated previously, none of the photos are working, says something about bandwith.

Yea I realize that, I'm trying to fix that now. Considering uploading all my images elsewhere, photobucket's being a pain.

Before I explain why I call him the easiest boss, there's a few things you might have overlooked.

First: Do you meet the attack and strength suggested levels, use a Godsword, and have the attack and strength boosting items suggested? Were you using your super sets? And were you using Piety? If so, there's no way you miss that often. K'ril has the lowest defence to melee attacks of the four bosses, so I don't think you can hit that many 0s on him.

Second: Do you meet the defence requirements? Were you using the Karils/Veracs Hybrid? If so, you should NOT have been overwhelmed by the minions. K'ril himself almost never hits you if you pray melee and use part karils. Only his rampage should be causing you problems, and he uses it rarely.

Third: How often did he use his special attack against you? He usually never uses it more than twice in one fight against me. Also, when I was writing this guide, I did a solo trip to get the pictures I used. I had him redbarred without using ANY supplies, and I just let him hit me for several minutes while trying to get a picture of his special attack. Since you don't see that picture, it should be obvious I was unsuccessful in that...

Fourth: How careful were you in watching your prayer and hitpoints? I've found it works best to eat when I'm under 65, and heal to over 90 before I resume trying to attack.

Alright, now to address your concerns. First, as aforementioned, K'ril is the only boss that counts as a slayer monster. That means, you can get a 15% attack and strength bonus against his already substandard melee defense. Second, K'rils mage attack does very little damage, and is very inaccurate. Not to mention, he seems to use it rarely (I'd estimate the melee attacks to mage attacks ratio at 2:1). Bearing that in mind, using protect from melee prayer means you take very little damage from K'ril. I've fought whole rounds with him without a scratch caused by him personally. As for you taking a team, experience matters fairly little here. The only real important bit of information is to keep your hitpoints high, since K'ril WILL occasionally squash you through your prayers. He doesn't do this often, and if you keep your hitpoints high you should never die from it.

If you really are still having troubles with it, I'll show you a solo trip in game. Just PM me and I'll show you how to solo him, in-game. It's not that challenging...

Also, while Graardor doesn't hit nearly as high as K'ril does if you're using prayer, he uses his range attack far more often than K'ril uses his prayer-break, and it's much more accurate. When Solo-ing Bandos's General, the majority of the damage is actually caused by the boss.

Let me just say, K'rill's defense had nothing to do with me not hitting him well. I was eating the entire time and barely got 5 hits on him before teleing.

First: I don't see any minimum levels for Zammy, all you said was level 90+ can probably solo him. In your other post on page 5, you just said 85+ att, str, def. I have 85 strength, but my attack and defense are 84 and 83, very close and shouldn't make a big difference.

Second: I was only 2 off from the defense reqs, I DID use the veracs/karils hybrid outfit (although in the picture you used torags, not veracs).

Third: K'rill was using his rampage on me every 3-4 hits or so. I barely managed to heal before getting hit again. Maybe I was just very unlucky, but trust me, it hurt! I used up 3 pray pots before teleporting, all because of rampage.

Fourth:I was pretty careful with my prayer and hp, considering I did nothing but eat and drink the entire time!

- You don't even meet the bare minimum reqs for a non-GS user. Your only melee stat that is 85+ is Strength, and it's exactly 85. That's not the most useful stat in Godwars.
Once again, I don't see any requirements in the guide for soloing the boss. I think they used to be there, but I can't find them. I seem to remember information for soloing other bosses, but I can't find that either.

- You don't have 70 prayer. I'm gonna guess you don't have the Knight Waves prayers either. Piety is pretty much CRITICAL, especially if you aren't using a black mask. Do NOT use Chivalry. You get far less bonuses, and it drains at the same rate as Piety (Approximately 40 points per minute, with +0 prayer.)

I have 64 prayer, with 68 banked. I'll get piety very soon. I DID use chivalry. I have a quest cape. Your guide said very clearly: "If you can use piety or CHIVALRY, use it."

If you're not using a godsword, get 90 attack, defence, and strength, and 70 prayer, and finish Knight Waves. Then use a Whip/Defender combo with a black mask and you should be able to defeat him fairly easily.

Once again, I'm going on the part that said: "most level 90+, outfitted properly, can actually defeat KÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ril alone". I'm level 105, outfitted properly except for the godsword.

I have a black mask, but so far haven't gotten lessers for slayer.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Read. I said if your not using a black mask, piety is critical. You can get by at level 90 with godsword, black mask, and chivalry.

Again, Piety isn't a requirement unless you're low attack, not using a godsword, AND not using piety. You need the attack bonus.

Also, I'm really not sure how you got hit so badly. When I tried to get a picture for my guide, K'ril refused to special me and I killed him twice without getting hit by his rampage. Even when he's not on a losing streak, he's never specialed me more than twice or three times per solo. I think you just hit a streak of bad luck...

Note to all: pictures are now fixed, thanks to our clan site's 6 TB/mo bandwidth. :thumbsup:

Just don't view this page more than, around 120,000 times per month. Thanks! :D

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 3 weeks later...
how much can you make on average with god wars ::' ?

this is asuming whatever the optum team numbers is

The amount you make varies widely. Here's the rough rates and values of drops:

Bandos Hilt 1:200 to 1:300

Bandos Chestplate 1:100 to 1:150

Bandos Tassets 1:100 to 1:150

Bandos Boots 1:100 to 1:150

Armadyl Hilt 1:200 to 1:300

Armadyl Chestplate 1:100 to 1:150

Armadyl Plateskirt 1:100 to 1:150

Armadyl Helm 1:100 to 1:150

Saradomin Hilt 1:200 to 1:300

Saradomin Sword 1:50 to 1:100

Zamorak Hilt 1:200 to 1:300

Zamorakian Spear 1:50 to 1:100

Steam Battlestaff 1:50 to 1:100

[hide=Where did you get your estimates?]For Bandos, I've had several hilts, and several of each drop. I have far fewer Armadyl drops, but I got them at a roughly similar rate. The Saradomin drop rates were calculated off over a dozen hilts, and at least two to three dozen Saradomin Swords. I have gotten, or been on teams that have received at least 5 or 6 Zamorakian Spears, and several steam battlestaffs. I don't recall getting any Zamorak Hilts, but I personally didn't fight K'ril a lot besides the solo's when goofing around. The hilt rate there is based on the assumption all of them have a similar rate.[/hide]

Note that I'm not saying "Every 200 to 300 kills, you'll get a hilt." Rather, every kill you have a 1:200 or 1:300 chance of getting a hilt. You could get it on your first drop, you could get it on your ten thousandth drop, or you could never get one. It's all random.

Bandos w/ team of 4-5 gets between 45 and 60 kills per trip.

Saradomin w/ team of 4-5 gets between 40 and 50 kills per trip.

Armadyl w/ team of 4-5 gets between 25 and 40 kills per trip.

Again, this is assuming you have experienced teams. My Armadyl estimate might be a tad low, having done very few Armadyl trips with professional teams. Also, those figures are assuming no one dies from lag, has to leave prematurely, has his computer blown up by a passing chinchompa, and none of your trips are crashed.

• 4 months later...

Alright well, I do have a copy of this guide saved somewhere, but I figure I might as well just rewrite it to include stuff on Summoning and such, and some other new strategies that have developed. Sorry for it being such a mess right now, I'm collecting pictures and rewriting the guide almost from scratch.

Can't wait to see it then. The original was well written and very helpful.

It would be much appreciated though if you'd fix the previous one for the meanwhile.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Sorry but I'd rather just post the correct guide. I should be able to get it done sometime tonight anyhow.

Posting this as a test to see if I'm using the new tag format correctly...

Edit: K, yes I am. But why the hell won't it let me put hide tags inside of each other...? :( This is going to be quite a large wall of text...

Well, I intentionally left out the inventory screens with this rewrite. My reasoning is that just because this particular inventory works for me, doesn't mean it will work even remotely well for anyone else. I'm 99 prayer. I can't tell someone with 70 prayer how many super restore potions he will need. In fact, I can't even tell someone else with 99 prayer how many he would need, since I don't know how frequently he uses them. I also don't know what his preferences are to healing and such.

I am going to add a few sample inventories, with the reminder not to copy them item for item. That just doesn't work.

EDIT: I added in the first batch of pictures (Was taking them while reading your posts).

Soma/anyone else:

With the following stats, look in signature, how well do you think I could do at Bandos/Zammy bosses?

I do have a Bandos Godsword + enough money to max out inventory, I just would love to know what I should look for in a team, etc.

Thanks in advance.

S2buxtG.png