The Ultimate GWD Guide (AOW Discussion) Updated 6-17-2008

Soma2035

Soma/anyone else:

With the following stats, look in signature, how well do you think I could do at Bandos/Zammy bosses?

I do have a Bandos Godsword + enough money to max out inventory, I just would love to know what I should look for in a team, etc.

Thanks in advance.

It's possible, but I would raise your combat a bit first... especially with Bandos so full.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soma/anyone else:

With the following stats, look in signature, how well do you think I could do at Bandos/Zammy bosses?

I do have a Bandos Godsword + enough money to max out inventory, I just would love to know what I should look for in a team, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have access to Piety? If so, you could go Bandos with a decent sized team. Your range is too low right now. Try going for 90 Attack and Defense. Go for an attacking role on your team.

A note to all: I realize people tend to use the word "tank" to describe what I call walls. The reason I use "wall" rather than "tank" is that I feel the term is being used inappropriately. Tanks not only take heavy fire, they can fight back. Unless you are with a fairly small team, most teams prefer someone who just heals, and you can't really use super sets effectively when Graardor's attacking you.

I was wondering whether you can mention the Vengeance spell in the Bandos and Zamorak tactics. Basically it's one of the attackers that has a high enough level to cast it and to deal with the loss of three inventory spaces, and casts before and during the fight on the wall. The spell has a 30 second limit before recasting it, and returns 75% of the damage dealt back to the attacker. The general use is to cast it 30 seconds before the boss respawns, and recast it again after it's been used up during the fight. Roughly two casts are used per kill, so the amount of runes can be brought accordingly.

On small teams (up to 5 players), Lunar magic can also be used to sync everyone's stats. This scenario uses the Boost Potion Share spell to equally share a potion between the caster and 4 other players (using up a dose per player). The advantage here is that the whole team is up to full (or boosted) stats, rather than the usual shuffle.

On a different matter, I was wondering whether K'ril's special attack is based on Magic as well. The same animation seems to play for both and I don't know whether I should rack up serious magic defence (going to the 160s bonus) when being the wall, or just come up with regular equipment and Karil's top and bottom.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

I was wondering whether you can mention the Vengeance spell in the Bandos and Zamorak tactics. Basically it's one of the attackers that has a high enough level to cast it and to deal with the loss of three inventory spaces, and casts before and during the fight on the wall. The spell has a 30 second limit before recasting it, and returns 75% of the damage dealt back to the attacker. The general use is to cast it 30 seconds before the boss respawns, and recast it again after it's been used up during the fight. Roughly two casts are used per kill, so the amount of runes can be brought accordingly.

On small teams (up to 5 players), Lunar magic can also be used to sync everyone's stats. This scenario uses the Boost Potion Share spell to equally share a potion between the caster and 4 other players (using up a dose per player). The advantage here is that the whole team is up to full (or boosted) stats, rather than the usual shuffle.

On a different matter, I was wondering whether K'ril's special attack is based on Magic as well. The same animation seems to play for both and I don't know whether I should rack up serious magic defence (going to the 160s bonus) when being the wall, or just come up with regular equipment and Karil's top and bottom.

The Vengeance spell is not worth it. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but there's a bug with vengeance. I turned off my prayer, he hit me for a 58. Vengeance kicked in. Steelwill on the other side of the room took a huge hit.

Vengeance doesn't work quite perfectly in a multi area, it sometimes reflects the damage to the wrong monster.

Potion Share CAN be used but the problem is that people use potions at different times. Some people need it sooner due to lower stats, some people less often due to high stats. Also, the Brew-Restore combo wipes out the effect of your Super Attack and Super Strength potions. That means that you'd have to wait for all your other team mates to get a boost.

I don't know about K'ril's attack, although I can say I doubt it would matter. I do not recall K'ril ever missing me with his special attack.

My I ask, how on earth did you last update it 17-7-08? You must have a special time machine to edit things in the future? :lol:

Probably just a typo.... If not, can you PM bout how I can build my own?

(Btw, fantastic guide, its helped me a lot)

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Your updated guide has no pictures..? -.-

I guess I'll jus screenie all my invs and make my own guide lol@

GJ not reading the whole guide.

Or the AOW version which for some reason, won't update... I tried to update it and it says the image tag is disabled now. :roll:

There are some pictures at the bottom. I'll probably add more, and if you have a specific request, go ahead and post or PM it...

Awesome guide! I might even use it if I ever get any single stat above 90 :wall:

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

Lol the sample invens are funny but seriously what kind of a inven should someone with absolutely no experience bring? :)

Go to Bandos with something similar to my Standard warrior setup. That's your best bet. Accompany a large team so that if you are forced to leave early you won't cause any serious repercussions to your team. Switch on a ring of life.

Can you explain the role of a healer when fighting Zilyana? I've got 70 Agility earlier today and went down there watching a team fight her. Sure looks tougher than killing Graardor and K'ril.

Anyways, do you just let your team mates do all the killing and heal them between spawns using the Heal Other spell, or is there more to it? Also, it seems she actually chases the person who inflicts actual damage (red splash), while hitting 0s (blue splash) doesn't budge her. Is it so, or I got chased just because I managed to hit her with melee?

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Want me to screenie gear/inv so you have more of a selection?

Tell you what, just PM me what you want a setup for and I'll add it. I'm adding a Saradomin inven as I'm typing this.

- Party Hat Set

- Christmas Cracker

- 7 Assorted Godswords

Or something else outrageously expensive I don't have. :(

And if you want a ZGS in the pic I'll have to borrow one / buy one.

Can you explain the role of a healer when fighting Zilyana? I've got 70 Agility earlier today and went down there watching a team fight her. Sure looks tougher than killing Graardor and K'ril.

Anyways, do you just let your team mates do all the killing and heal them between spawns using the Heal Other spell, or is there more to it? Also, it seems she actually chases the person who inflicts actual damage (red splash), while hitting 0s (blue splash) doesn't budge her. Is it so, or I got chased just because I managed to hit her with melee?

As long as three or more people are consistently attacking her, she will pretty much never attack a healer, because the healer should NOT be attacking her. Phantomkoi is an excellent healer that's come along for our trips. Basically, healers just stand in the center with Guthans, Protect from Magic, and attack Growler. Once Growler is low hp, switch to another minion of your choosing. Cast heal other if a team mate is dying.

If you did get attacked by her, it's probably because the temp. fix Jagex implemented, that causes Zil to lose focus after 3-4 ranged hits. Once that happens, if no one else attacks her for like 3-4 seconds, she'll just pick a target, which may be you. Like I said this is easily avoided by making sure your teammates know what they're doing.

would an armadyl helm work for a verac helm at sara boss?

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

I'm not sure if its been noted but my friend who tanks for us brings Ice blitz to lure the Bandos General. It never missed the 40 or so kills we had and it froze him so there was no way to attack one of our offensive players.

What980.png

voicefb2.png

• 1 month later...

Very nice guide :)

Although....

Your triangulation method for saradomin *Mightnt* work very well anymore.

"We've also adjusted Commander Zilyana's behaviour in the God Wars Dungeon, so she's less inclined to wander aimlessly in the middle of the room while people shoot her from the edges."

Thats from the update page for "Meeting History". Well anyway very nice guide :D

Ms106.png[

Ms106.png

Ms106.png

I'm not sure if its been noted but my friend who tanks for us brings Ice blitz to lure the Bandos General. It never missed the 40 or so kills we had and it froze him so there was no way to attack one of our offensive players.

It's funny you should say it, because I went down there with over 120 offensive magic bonus, at 99 Magic, and couldn't freeze him a single time out of a dozen attempts. Maybe it's because I used the Ice Barrage instead of the Blitz, which doesn't make much sense, but I find this story hard to believe.

As for Zilyana's update, there's still a ranging option, and I've seen a high-leveled team deploy it, but in this case everyone needs to have a Zamorak Godsword. Basically they just froze her by turns, which seemed to work pretty well in the minute or so I've been watching them.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...