Hypocrites: The Players or the Staff?

muggiwhplar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is WOW....just WOW! That name does not look or seem offensive to me at all one bit. It really sucks too that the poor guy paid by cash for a whole year's worth of membership and once you pay by cash according to Jagex's TOS you can't be refunded for that if your character is banned.

No, he can still sue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_proferentem

If, acting reasonably, we consider that our terms and conditions have or may have been breached, or that it is necessary in order to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, the Game, other players or the general public or to minimize our liability to others, we reserve the right with or without prior notice to (amongst other things): Terminate (as defined above) or modify any or all accounts of the Game (or any of our other games) which we think are connected with you and/or otherwise block your access to our websites and services and take such other steps as we consider reasonable. Such actions may result in loss of membership credit without refund and/or loss of real money paid as part of any item / account trading or other prohibited transaction.

Also

OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTORY DUTY OR COLLATERALLY OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50, OR THE SUMS PAID BY YOU TO US IN RESPECT OF ANY TWELVE MONTH PERIOD, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.

Some courts when seeking a particular result will use contra proferentem to take a strict approach against insurers and other powerful contracting parties and go so far as to interpret terms of the contract in favor of the other party, even where the meaning of a term would appear clear and unambiguous on its face, although this application is disfavored.

From the wikipedia article, note the bold part. So its possible to sue.

Very harsh. yes facken can be taken to mean 'the f word' but its like punishing a kid in school for saying 'shoot'.

This is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of ANYONE doing. I've heard some dumb [censored] before, but this is going in my top ten list. Completely unacceptable in all ways, and to think he/she can't even sue for it? Hypocrisy in it's highest form, as killotroll says.

I expect a "O u traded 2 oder acc..B&" from them at one point when someone actually does get their stuff over to another account, if any of them will even bother putting up with this bull[censored].

Keep looking into this guys, maybe we can find something to pull against them. We've got to fight back somehow.. I mean, we're basically being forced to "Heil Jagex" and deal with it. I really don't want this to affect many people, but I'm sure it will. Honest, non-offensively-named players that Jagex is stealing from (Faken had nearly a year of members on there. they want to refund her/him a month.) Why should we, the paying customers, put up with it? There's got to be something we can do to retaliate to this.

posting communications between jagex and players is between jagex and the player. i dont know for a fact that what's been posted is true or not. it wouldnt be hard to alter something like that. at the same time how is the player supposed to transfer their items to their new character anyway? again it's between jagex and the player and i dont think should be up for discussion really.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

posting communications between jagex and players is between jagex and the player. i dont know for a fact that what's been posted is true or not. it wouldnt be hard to alter something like that. at the same time how is the player supposed to transfer their items to their new character anyway? again it's between jagex and the player and i dont think should be up for discussion really.

several people have received the same message.

the discussion here is their hypocrisy...not the account.

lol soon i get a massage sayig they look my accontfr having a "x" in it :ohnoes:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

You can always sue, you just need to find a lawyer.

A lawyer will read the terms and conditions and find loopholes or to see if their terms and conditions contradict anything by UK law under gaming, internet, entertainment etc.

You can't just have :

'If you agree to our terms and conditions to play this game, you can't sue us'

That's essentially what they are saying, it's a bit different because they need to be concise.

Even though the character is their intellectual property, you could claim depression or something, after all I can imagine if you spent years training and they ban you for no reason you would be really upset.

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining

[cabbage]. I got a friend who got banned because his name was offencive. He dont got any message so he could transfer his money.He lost 20M+.Consider yourself lucky.

lol at that jagex mod. They tell you you are banned and they add some smiley :XD:

oie_080707215636np9.png

Haha, really?

Ridiculous.

Get out now, go play a game that's worth it. :)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

hmmm...another account, month fee, allowing moving items...wouldnt it just easier to let player choose a new name for his/her pld character?...but i'm not coder.

I have also wondered what the [cabbage] is wrong with their database that they can't just change someone's name. It must be company policy to disallow it, but I cannot see any reasoning behind it.

Jason

hmmm...another account, month fee, allowing moving items...wouldnt it just easier to let player choose a new name for his/her pld character?...but i'm not coder.

I have also wondered what the [cabbage] is wrong with their database that they can't just change someone's name. It must be company policy to disallow it, but I cannot see any reasoning behind it.

Jason

if someone's name in WoW is "inappropriate" they change it at your discretion

Yes, Jagex is fully capable of changing his username. Why don't they? Who knows.

You must not choose a username that infringes the rights of any third party, impersonates Jagex staff or other users, which is deliberately confusing or which is offensive, racist, obscene, hurtful, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or which breaches the username requirements specified on our site or our Rules of Conduct. We reserve the right to make such assessment in our sole discretion, change any username for any reason or take such other action as we believe appropriate.

77yLQy8.png

Yes, Jagex is fully capable of changing his username. Why don't they? Who knows.

You must not choose a username that infringes the rights of any third party, impersonates Jagex staff or other users, which is deliberately confusing or which is offensive, racist, obscene, hurtful, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or which breaches the username requirements specified on our site or our Rules of Conduct. We reserve the right to make such assessment in our sole discretion, change any username for any reason or take such other action as we believe appropriate.

Because... they are muppets.

muppets.jpg

Actually, Jagex gives muppets a bad name.

Because... they are muppets.

muppets.jpg

Actually, Jagex gives muppets a bad name.

Very rich muppets

>_<

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Yesterday someone posted saying the guy was a huge cheat (ya totally wouldn't surprise me) and now its gone............its a mystery :?:

TBH this feels more like Jagex know the guys a cheat (nothing to do with the name) and just needed an excuse for action. Probably the proof is circumstantial (in terms of online stuff, i.e:other cheats telling on him). It fits in with the 'war on RWT' theme quite well.

If I were him, I would sue them. They would probably win, but it would get alot of media attention.

Seriously, this is sad. Jagex seems to be going to far, and then I don't just mean mondays updates. Someone needs to put them in their place. Customers should have a say in what the company does with the product they pay for.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

this has to be one of the sillyest banning stories ive ever heard.

nothing is offensive about that name and he had 0 blackmarks and tons of membership.

if its offensive in a different language then it still makes no sense to ban him since he plays on english servers.

he needs an apology from jagex and his account unharmed.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Because its much easier to allow him to trade over all his items, which another member of CS will probably ban him for and add a month of membership for free than it is for them to change a name.

Well thats Jagex logic anyway.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

they have said they cannot actually change a name, for some reason. at some point they are lying. which "story" should people believe about them changing a name?

items dont make up an account... seriously, what? $20 in RL $ gets you pretty much w/e you need to buy in game for the best pk armor... well... it used to.

It would be alot easier, but then it would probably get abused... many people would want to change their name... and it would also cause confision but that's not very important...