How Was 2007 For You?

Craiglowery

I know it may be a little too early, but I was wondering how everybody's year went.

Mine was great. I had my first real girlfriend, I got really awesome grades, I got to see AFI 6 times, I got my license finally and my first car, and I had an awesome birthday.

I did have some bad times though, I got arrested, I almost got beat down by some homeless guy on the subway, someone stole $50 from my wallet at the gym, and I lost a really good friend.

So how was your year?

111-1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started out the year with not going back to college.. went to work full-time. At work been upgraded to being on Service Desk almost permanently.. and then transferred to being Service Coordinator (I work in retail. Yay. >.>). Both a good and bad thing.

Summer was the greatest. Nice warm weather.. Brickyard 400.. got to see Jeff Gordon's car up close AND got to be seated behind his pit stall.. (I'm a big Jeff Gordon fan. <3). Also got to go to the Bristol Motor Speedway and got to stand about 10 feet away from Richard Petty. Yayness.

Fall.. went back to college. Didn't work as much because of work. Nothing too much as far as I can remember..

And now.. passed two of classes.. failed the other (economics just bores me.. second time trying to take the class.) And plus NASCAR season is over for the year so I'm bored. But I can't wait for next year for everything. ^^ I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year.

< Coming Soon >

Without going into the specifics as I'd rather not, front half was below average, back half was slightly above average, all things considered. It was a year that mixed momentary happiness and relaxation with a greater proportion of bad events, and irritants. But I've had years where there is almost none of the former things, so this was OK.

Here's hoping for a better 08 :).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Well, the fangirl in me has had an excellent year. Lots of squealing and pwhoaring at obscure fandoms. Managed to obsess myself enough with actors and costume/period dramas to keep me sane during this hectic year!

HSC's finally over. Time to start uni. I've figured out my career path, I've figured out how to get there. My life's on track. I'm happy about that.

On the downside, however.. Friendships have been messed up with the pressure of marks, assessments, being repeatedly compared to everyone due to rankings. Jealously, misunderstandings, lack of communication. Intense studying for 2 months. Exams. Extraodinarily hectic. The results will be released next Wednesday 19/12, so depending on the marks and the UAI I receive, it may or may not turn into a frankly bad year. Hmm...

"Come back. Come back to me."

The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity -- Lord Byron

It was a pretty decent year. I had a full time job for a bit, than finally college started and have had a blast here so far. Got into a bit of trouble with grades but I think I should be fine now.

Quite a boring year. My life is quite stagnant.

Spent most of the year working in a job I am hating more every day. I would quit, but the situation is complicated have significant capital invested and family involved.

There has been a few good times but much mediocrity.

craptasically greatishmaybe

yeah i had to make up 2 new words just to explain it haha i met my truelove yet she doesn't know it yet still haha, i'm about to get my license, i am bringing in pretty good cash and happy with my life sorta then the crap all hits the fan at the end of the year when my parents break up, i might lose my house and my mum is in hospital on suicide watch, yeah hoping next year will kick this years [wagon]

kirby-sig.gif

2007 in a nutshell:

Bad things:

Best childhood friend Jack committed suicide

Was told my chances aren't good to have children

Partner was told his chances weren't good either

The house I wanted, someone beat me to it

Won't be continuing to post grad

Got told next year will probably be my Nan's last year

Switching careers and study as quick as an eye blink

Good things:

Business is taking off so won't have to work soon

Might be moving next to my best female friend who I don't get to see often

I'm still alive

Made some good new friends

Had an alright 21st

Got to video record Scooter

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

2007 in a nutshell:

Bad things:

Best childhood friend Jack committed suicide

Was told my chances aren't good to have children

Partner was told his chances weren't good either

The house I wanted, someone beat me to it

Won't be continuing to post grad

Good things:

Business is taking off so won't have to work soon

Might be moving next to my best female friend who I don't get to see often

I'm still alive

Made some good new friends

Had an alright 21st

That must be really sad..

Yeah I was told the day after my friend committed suicide :wall:

Let's just say I didn't cope very well for a few months there.

Come to think of it our relationship has been downhill ever since... still trying to patch things up.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

This year has been pretty freaking awesome. I made the move from homeschool to school, and although I hate the school at I'm at (more what the school stands for than the students or teachers) it's been going pretty good--made lots of friends, and been getting fairly good grades. For an excursion my year group went on a week-long trip down to Kosciusko (tallest mountain in Australia), and that was probably the greatest experience of my life. Also, I've got a pretty solid plan of what I'm going to do after school, so that's nice. Probably the thing that tops it off was winning a violin + money in a violin competition near the city I live, which has encouraged me to get even more into the violin.

Downsides.. development of a few self-esteem issues to do with my body (I'm a stick), frequent attakcs of mild depression, and it's much easier for a person to make me hate them now. But, considering situations other people are in, I have no right to complain.

So yeah. 2007's been awesome. :)

Cool.

Yeah I was told the day after my friend committed suicide :wall:

Let's just say I didn't cope very well for a few months there.

Come to think of it our relationship has been downhill ever since... still trying to patch things up.

Stick in there and hopefully the sun will break through the clouds and cast a warming light on your life. And should you ever feel the need to talk about how crappy life is, there are plenty of great people around here.

Hmmm, that first sentence is pretty ironic coming from me, but oh well....

best-guide-ever.jpg

Well, the fangirl in me has had an excellent year. Lots of squealing and pwhoaring at obscure fandoms. Managed to obsess myself enough with actors and costume/period dramas to keep me sane during this hectic year!

HSC's finally over. Time to start uni. I've figured out my career path, I've figured out how to get there. My life's on track. I'm happy about that.

On the downside, however.. Friendships have been messed up with the pressure of marks, assessments, being repeatedly compared to everyone due to rankings. Jealously, misunderstandings, lack of communication. Intense studying for 2 months. Exams. Extraodinarily hectic. The results will be released next Wednesday 19/12, so depending on the marks and the UAI I receive, it may or may not turn into a frankly bad year. Hmm...

Similar predicament. Minus the fandom, minis the general life purpose, minus the friendship issues.

A week to go.

Eurgh.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

University...freaking rocks

A combination of formals, balls, dinner, dances, parties, bar crawls in various themes and general lunacy, all backed by my beautiful college <3: .

If only the work was a bit easier :lol:

You know the feeling you get when you make a perfect omelette with all the fixins' you love, and when you go to slide it from the pan to your plate, it hits the edge of the plate, flips the plate over and goes right onto the floor?

Yea, welcome to 2007. :P

Missed 105 days of school, yet passed with honours.

Best friend almost died, got to know his family better.

Girlfriend and I got our relationship back on track, then we broke up.

Seems like there's a good and bad side to every event I had this year.

It's 50/50.

To sum it up:

Good:

A chance of revival of my favourite and best eve(u)r Magic:The gathering card club.

First real kiss :D

Great review of my book, which has almost lively value to me, by professional language teacher and giving it to a publisher for another review

An illustration for it :)

People appreciated the book much :)

Became a M:tg certified judge level 1:)

Bought the internet

Had a great family.

Bad:

Losing one of my best friends to alcohol and cigarettes ( 10 yrs old friendship)

Losing another one to the same reason (11 yrs old friendship)

Lost three very important (bf gf)relationships

Had a long war with classmates.

I hope for a good '08, but there aren't just bad and good things in life :)

PS: The things I said aren't listed in any particular order of importance.

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!