Jagex made a small mistake...

Goldenjkered

Before you post, this is not to do with this weeks updates or summoning, thanks.

So I decided to use the general store method to do barrows today, but thanks to Grand Exchange and the small shop update that came with it, this method has been ruined. You see, when you try to sell a item to a shop, it sells at the old rate; e.g a shark sells to the general store for 76gp. However, the buy price of a shark in the general store is 606 gp. Bit of a difference as you can see. So basically (and I'm not sure if this applies to all general stores), the sell prices of items hasn't changed, but the buy price has. Shouldn't they both have changed?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

You'll still sell for the same amount, but it'll cost as much as if you bought from the ge for buying back.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Wow, that method still exists?

I guess that you might have to live without it...it's a lot easier to bank in Burgh De Rott than it is to do that method now. That general store change happened due to possible arbitrage (buying low from a general store and selling higher on the Exchange).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I figure, if they should change anything about the player stock, they should make the buy price the lowest possible on the GE and the sell price the highest on the GE. That way, it'll nearly always be more efficient to use the exchange itself.

It's an interesting thing though, I wonder if they'll change it or keep it like that.

I think that's part of the reason they did that update, so that you had to buy for GE prices. And if you could sell for GE prices, you'd make a lot of money off "worthless" items like unstrung bows.

Though they're incorporating a shop later to buy those items.

icecube7.jpeg

I figure, if they should change anything about the player stock, they should make the buy price the lowest possible on the GE and the sell price the highest on the GE. That way, it'll nearly always be more efficient to use the exchange itself.

It's an interesting thing though, I wonder if they'll change it or keep it like that.

it would have to be lower then the GE price because if people plan on selling at the minimum price they would just sell to the general store to get their money faster

As people started to do this more gp would come into the game because the ge transfers gp and items between players, but the general store adds gp and removes items

When more gp comes into the game, the value of it will decrease, the value is already decreasing because of how hard it is to lose items and die

So if Jagex was to do something like this they would be better off making it like +or-20% of the GE set price

Hephaestos8.gif

Why bother? that method for barrows was made obsolete over a year ago.
That method may be obsolete, but what about trading noted rune ess to a store to make natures? That method is still used because A. Shilo Village is a long rounabout and B. Farming is an unpopular skill so people may not finish a Fairy Tale Pt. 1.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Why bother? that method for barrows was made obsolete over a year ago.
That method may be obsolete, but what about trading noted rune ess to a store to make natures? That method is still used because A. Shilo Village is a long rounabout and B. Farming is an unpopular skill so people may not finish a Fairy Tale Pt. 1.

Due to recent 'player stock' price changes in shops, we've introduced a feature to some 'notable' NPCs. Jiminua just north-west of Tai Bwo Wannai and Ordan at the Blast Furnace will un-note certain items for a small price. Jiminua will un-note pure essence and Ordan will un-note any ore that is sold in his shop.
icecube7.jpeg

i would complete the quest.. burgh de rott is a good place to get sharks :)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Due to recent 'player stock' price changes in shops, we've introduced a feature to some 'notable' NPCs. Jiminua just north-west of Tai Bwo Wannai and Ordan at the Blast Furnace will un-note certain items for a small price. Jiminua will un-note pure essence and Ordan will un-note any ore that is sold in his shop.

Thank you for pointing out the solution. I doubt this will be implemented for Barrows, so sorry to the threadmaker on that one, although as has been stated, there are other options. Whether you take them is up to you.

And if selling to general stores was based off the GE, there wouldn't be nearly as much incentive to sell through it. That would throw things out of whack.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)