Bank Pins Useless Now?

salim123

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealing items will certainly go down but actual account stealing will still go on.

I am glad about this though. Although i have never been hacked on this account 8-)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Eh, better safe than sorry. There's always the chance someone could screw with your Grand Exchange offers and what not, and once in a blue moon there is someone who wants to just make someone's life miserable by dropping all their good items...yes, even if it's not for personal gain.

The bank pin needs to stay :)

People will do it just for the satisfaction that they totally screwed up someone's account.

Take MySpace for example. A lot of people have stolen passwords to accounts (cracking or phishing) just to mess up their page and make it say insulting things. They really have no reason to do it but they still do.

hah my freind gave his freinds account info to 4chan and they really F ed him over.

------------------------

sword metal.com

2mfk6iq.gif

Hadn't even thought of that. I did however recently have an odd experience. The day of the update I went into the new "wilderness" and brought only a whip. I logged at lvl 40 wildy and the next day when i logged in i was back at the lumby bank with no whip. I have absolutly no idea what happened. Whoever it was actually put back some energy pots i had in my inventory.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

No one can really hack you any more, the most they could do it drop all of your items for the sake of it and no one is that mean..

*Looks at cousin* You willing to bet money on that?

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

No one can really hack you any more, the most they could do it drop all of your items for the sake of it and no one is that mean..

I beg to differ. Some people would love to alch someone's party hat set and gloat about it in their face, and then get their account banned.

And the ditch is still necessary to protect new players from revenants. A new player coming across a revenant would not like it at all..

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

There would be people doing sad things. I know when I was on habbo (Ok I didn't know about RS back then) I was hacked lost a throne which is worth alot of money then they didn't even give me back my account and lost all my friends.

out of the first 16 posts, everyone forgot one thing- people will stilll want to steal a really good account and keep it. most hackers probably dont have a lv 126 account, but im sure they'd have a ball kicking but in duel tournaments, killing the kalafight queen and such. but if they couldnt see that party hat set in your bank (or awesome armour or watever) then they'd be less likely to keep it.

also there are people who will try to sell ure account with bank pin for real money

Byzantus.png

Eh, but think about it. Bounty hunter (BH). If they put all your cash into armour, all they'd need to do is get their account, and you account. Take you into a non crowded BH world, k0 you and take your stuff. Then go sell it. They're still transfering stuff aren't they. You can't take coins in, but if you invest it into say, like, full barrows, dragon, anything, they let you take that in. Once the other account kills it, takes it, just go and sell it. Takes a bit more effort, but it can still be done.

Sooo keep your pins.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

They could still hack you 3k at a time :ohnoes:

Plus I wouldnt mind making a video of me alching some guys phat set or make the bankers in Falador say large numbers in relation to a party.

I was hacked 2 times in a 48 hours period. The frist hacker just took all my rare items, money etc. But he was nice...left 100k(kinda weird but yeah) The second hacked was not nice. He took everything...and anything not of use to him was droped...(my firemaking cape <.< ). The he changed my pin erased me friends and changed my pass, and to top it all off, he got my account banned...so for short

WE MUST KEEP PIN NUMBERS...

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]