99 skill Vs Boredom

pinguimmaiden

I know that guide, that says how to achieve 99 goal....

I dont understand why boredom always take me down when i try to get 99 cape, just like happened to hunter...

I'm going for 99 att, i'm made my mind but until get there (will take months), i want to train with a thieving cape, but boredom took me down, its easy for me and if i play a whole day i can get like lv 75...

Need help how to win boredom and succed 99 thieving, its a skill that i like to train on, but PP sometimes make me stop train on, a bit boring...

How can i win BOREDOM???????

I really need help here, thanks <3:

pinguim0310.png

The only way I can see to kill boredom in your case is to take breaks often but not for long. Every thieving level you get take a break and do something new. Maybe try something you never tried before.

You seem to be in a bored state. I use to get these all the time where I just can't do anything without getting bored. You just have to find something to do that you don't get bored no matter what. If it is a skill then train it until you finally max it out.

Its not really a bored problem as it is a motivation problem. You think you want something but you dont have that "umpff" or that urgency to get it so you feel like its boring you.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I'm so sick of Skill Capes. I really wish they were never released <.<

To me, what you're saying is just so stupid. If something is slow, boring and overall you hate doing it then.. don't do it.

Call me crazy, but you might actually enjoy the game more if you simply play for fun, rather than trying to be 'kewl' and impress people by spending hundreds of hours getting a cape.

If you love a skill so much that you eventually get it to level 99 then great! But for the love of God I don't see the point in being annoyed and bored with a skill that you hate just to impress people for 5 seconds. :|

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I just want a 99 cape for ME, and if i go for 99 theiv will take me 2 weeks or less, so its not a lot....

I want a cape because i want badly, they are cool i like them, i want 1...

I'm tired of god cape, obby cape, spotier cape and dont have a 99 skill.

Still need help on....

pinguim0310.png

I just want a 99 cape for ME, and if i go for 99 theiv will take me 2 weeks or less, so its not a lot....

I want a cape because i want badly, they are cool i like them, i want 1...

I'm tired of god cape, obby cape, spotier cape and dont have a 99 skill.

Still need help on....

Honestly if you want a 99 that bad get a cooking cape. That way you get to experience what 99 is really like. Sure over 30k people have one. Its understandable if you don't want one, but you can still wear it with pride as you got 99 in it. Anyone who says that its not respected is probably just jelous because they can't afford to get a cooking cape.

As for 99 Thieving the only way to get it in 2 weeks is PP. So you just gotta keep with that and if you really really want 99 then you will get it and not be bored.

Just think of your goal while training. "You want 99". "How that skill cape will look great on you" things like that to keep yourself motivated and not bored. Also join the "Blogscape" chat and talk to Tip.Iters. They keep me entertained while I RC and I have been able to get over 13 rcin lvls. Plus you can make some good friends. Watch out for Jordan though... hes the sarcasm kingv <.<

Apparently, my signature was to big.

what i mean is,

watch anime

watch anime

watch anime

multi task ftw!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, take a break after every lvl after 80

Pretty much that yeah.

Edit: Mini goals = perfect, going for 99 defence myself but does 85, 90, 95, 96, 97 etc. as mini goals.

igsig.png

Try to think of your training in smaller increments. When I did my 99 WC and currently my 99 mage, I made mini-goals each day.

Think like: I'll do this much each day, or this much each hour.

Don't think of it as getting 99, but more as just getting exp and before you know it, you're at 98.

This personally motivated me more than thinking about getting a 99 cape, because I could see my goal in front of me and it was obtainable.

icecube7.jpeg

Do your skills with friends. It always helps if you see them going for the same goal, it keeps you motivated.

I have the same problem, so I usually just do something else. I like thieving in ardougne because there are so many other things to do there as well, that way I am not limited. Mining to the east, Smithing to the west, farming, etc.

PP is quite boring...but if that is your goal then you have to "stick" to it, as with any goal.

fantasy-19.gif

I agree with Icecube,

Do sub-goals like today I will gain 200k xp or today I will reach 1 certain lvl... Don't try and think of it as i'm still 9m xp from 99...That just burns your mental stage out and you end of giving up...

Also listen to music, it can become a great help, just like the 99 guide suggest...

I listened to a lot of music when i was doing 99 woodcutting, and I am now as i'm going for 99 Hunter...

Take breaks if you loose focus your probably getting worse xp then you would if you took a break and came back refreshed...

99 skills take a lot of time and effort and any 99 skill should be taken proud of even fletch and cook... :D

Fusionxx.png

Music is Great, I usually use my Ipod though...

When I first started my goal for 99 woodcutting I just used itunes but eventually Itunes began to lag me a bit.

You Could use any mp3 player, or itunes if it doesn't lag you, I'd make a playlist with your favorite songs so that you don't spend time looking down changing songs instead of keeping focused on rs.

I'm sure you'll get that 99 your wanting.

Just keep focused and try your best, were only human afterall.

Keeping from getting burnt out is the key, and remember rs is just a game dont make yourself miserable staying up multiple nights getting your xp, because you'll eventually feel drained and probably not be in the mood to finish your skill...

The best thing is dont worry about how fast or how long it took others to obtain 99, everyone works at there own pace, Just sit back work steady and enjoy yourself and your 99 will come. :D

Fusionxx.png

Here's a way to fight boredom especially when you're training any skill that allows you to look away from the screen: read.

Right now I'm training at the Mage Training Arena, attempting to get an Infinity Set the arduous way. So, while I'm in the Telekinetic Theater, I have my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince opened up in front of me and I read. It keeps me from going insane from boredom, I'm getting pizzaz points and I'm moving through my book very quickly.

I've also done the same thing while fishing for Monkfish. I kept the game sound effects on to alert me to changes and I was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The other monkfishers thought I was AFK most of the time but whenever somebody says something about me, I was able to notice it and send back some sort of response. :)

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

That idea is nice, but thiev you cant stop clicking like fishing and wc ::'

Listen to music seems best idea <3:

NOOOOOOOOOOo watch some sort of anime in youtube O_o

or anything that belongs in youtube it is easy, and if you find good serie you can't just stop watching it. but if you are working on clickclickclick skill then listen to music.

VIX VIX VIX

Im getting from 90 to 99 wc no stop.....Don't even talk about Boredom :wall:

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)