Does Jagex think everyone to be a noob?

MasterMarduk

It's funny how quickly everyone's been convinced that this is best for the game from reading responses. It just took a few weeks and already they see you as being a stubborn complainer, just telling you to get used to it. I don't think that's the right course. Props to you for standing on principle. Half the people staying around even though the game isn't near to what it used to be are only not because they agree with what the game's become, but because they're so hooked on it they'll settle and keep playing no matter what jagex does to it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how quickly everyone's been convinced that this is best for the game from reading responses. It just took a few weeks and already they see you as being a stubborn complainer, just telling you to get used to it. I don't think that's the right course. Props to you for standing on principle. Half the people staying around even though the game isn't near to what it used to be are only not because they agree with what the game's become, but because they're so hooked on it they'll settle and keep playing no matter what jagex does to it.

I know people will see how bad this is, It will just take time if nothing else. The restrictions they have put on it are far to drastic and it makes the game hard to play as a social group. I really have no clue what TET will do. Now they you cant give prizes and you cant sell people for time to give prizes away. Its leave a huge hole in the social workings of the game.

The economic hit it gives inside runescape is also very drastic, making you put full faith into the GE even tho its new and has done far from prove itself.

Sirhappy2002.png

Okay... the trade restriction is a bit bad. I usually have to buy and sell for terrible prices because of merchants. Now I guess I won't, but it saved me time, and that is what is important.

The trade system could be altered by being effected by QP, total level, and maybe even combat (of course, combat would have the least effect, and total level would probably have the most)

This may make it fair for pures, skillers, questers, and pretty much everyone else. Of course, it isn't perfect.

And you can't really expect a RWT or auto to have a 2277 total level... They wouldn't waste time and gp on that. So it should be safe to lift it a lot for higher level players. See what I'm saying?

I hope my idea works, then it may be implemented, and maybe people will like it a bit!

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

they are on QP

But combat that would be horrible..

I prefer the Jagex idea. If combat lvl was also included in a factor, bots might have a slim chance of coming back. Also it would be unfair to lower lvls and skillers...

Right now its unfair to quest haters (ME) and everyone by resticting our abilites to interact.

Its unfair to noobs not to let them us whips, then with the same logic. If you are more powerful, more involved you should get more accesses.

So you're saying the world revolves around people who hate quests? Once again, I bring up the point that skillers will lose out if we were to abide by your rule.

As to your "you get more stuff if you're more powerful", what about the people who chop millions of magic logs instead of leveling combat, do they not deserve anything valuable? That is completely unfair in my opinion.

The game does not revolve solely around combat. However, in your defense, it does not revolve completely around quests either. I think the reason why Jagex put the rule for quests is because they are easily doable by anyone and a lot of people do a large amount of the quests for the good rewards. Plus, other than the quest cape and the rewards from doing the quests, people who do quests don't really have too much of a trophy to show off to the public and also they don't have too much of a reason to do the smaller ones.

The term noob as I use it is in referance to anyone less then lvl 100, played less then 3 years (no matter the combat) and is only ment to include alot of people in a non offensive way. I call most my freinds noobs as most of them started less then 2 years ago.

That is an utter and complete lie... It may be true to you because you view the world around you as if it revolved around you, but in reality, noob is a reference to the maturity of the person "noob" is being said to. Unless the other player is immature, then the term "noob" is usually unused. Another use of noob is by the immature people who can't have everything their way.

On the other hand, the term "newb" (short for newbie) is usually used to people who have lower levels than the user of the term. So to me, newbs are level 60 and below. I guess to you a newb is 100 or below. However, I have never heard either term, "noob" or "newb" being used to criticize someone who has not played for two years. (I've personally played for 4 years)

Well, it's New Year's Party Time! WOOOT! \' \' \'

Happy New Year to you ;)

Okay... the trade restriction is a bit bad. I usually have to buy and sell for terrible prices because of merchants. Now I guess I won't, but it saved me time, and that is what is important.

The trade system could be altered by being effected by QP, total level, and maybe even combat (of course, combat would have the least effect, and total level would probably have the most)

This may make it fair for pures, skillers, questers, and pretty much everyone else. Of course, it isn't perfect.

And you can't really expect a RWT or auto to have a 2277 total level... They wouldn't waste time and gp on that. So it should be safe to lift it a lot for higher level players. See what I'm saying?

I hope my idea works, then it may be implemented, and maybe people will like it a bit!

That is a VERY VERY VERY good idea :) Well said =D>

I think this is something we can all agree on.

to tell you the truth, from what i just read about what you have to say and complain... i, myself is a longtime rs player... and if you think Jagex is

ruining the game, its you and all those players who don't even care about rs..

instead of complaining to other rs players and chant "no pk no pay"

or "rs is dead" maybe you should come up with ideas to help jagex with the problem... complaining and quiting just shows jagex you are part of the problem.. if you do quit rs, you are just helping fix the problem..

then when everything cools down, maybe it will go back to normal or

change for the better..

8a6769dab0.png

I developed this formula in an earlier topic; it seems to fit pretty well with your idea.

((Total XP)/3m + (QP + (Total Level - 32) + (Combat Level - 3))/100 + (Trades Completed (Value > 9,000 gp) + Duels Completed + Players Killed)/150) * 3,000

they are on QP

But combat that would be horrible..

I prefer the Jagex idea. If combat lvl was also included in a factor, bots might have a slim chance of coming back. Also it would be unfair to lower lvls and skillers...

Right now its unfair to quest haters (ME) and everyone by resticting our abilites to interact.

Its unfair to noobs not to let them us whips, then with the same logic. If you are more powerful, more involved you should get more accesses.

So you're saying the world revolves around people who hate quests? Once again, I bring up the point that skillers will lose out if we were to abide by your rule.

As to your "you get more stuff if you're more powerful", what about the people who chop millions of magic logs instead of leveling combat, do they not deserve anything valuable? That is completely unfair in my opinion.

The game does not revolve solely around combat. However, in your defense, it does not revolve completely around quests either. I think the reason why Jagex put the rule for quests is because they are easily doable by anyone and a lot of people do a large amount of the quests for the good rewards. Plus, other than the quest cape and the rewards from doing the quests, people who do quests don't really have too much of a trophy to show off to the public and also they don't have too much of a reason to do the smaller ones.

The term noob as I use it is in referance to anyone less then lvl 100, played less then 3 years (no matter the combat) and is only ment to include alot of people in a non offensive way. I call most my freinds noobs as most of them started less then 2 years ago.

That is an utter and complete lie... It may be true to you because you view the world around you as if it revolved around you, but in reality, noob is a reference to the maturity of the person "noob" is being said to. Unless the other player is immature, then the term "noob" is usually unused. Another use of noob is by the immature people who can't have everything their way.

On the other hand, the term "newb" (short for newbie) is usually used to people who have lower levels than the user of the term. So to me, newbs are level 60 and below. I guess to you a newb is 100 or below. However, I have never heard either term, "noob" or "newb" being used to criticize someone who has not played for two years. (I've personally played for 4 years)

Well, it's New Year's Party Time! WOOOT! \' \' \'

Happy New Year to you ;)

You can ask anyone Ive never said the world revolves around and ive given away more stuff then most people have. I also stick by Noob, Newb doesnt apply to most players, a newb is someone thats less then a month old playing to me, after that your a noob.

I didnt address skillers there becuase that wasnt the question in the quote :roll: ive already addressed that also in previous posts. Im lvl 118 after over 6 years of play... you think all i did was skill? no I dont train combat often at all. If a person is only skilling one skill then they arent needing to trade much anyways and for stuff like raw materials all you can do is GE anyone with the new update so this wouldnt effect them even if they had a small combat lvl.

Over half the quests ive yet to do I have around 144 QP total. Ive done all the once I would call challanging and all the ones I need to use stuff I want too. The rest are boring or utterly stupid.

Sirhappy2002.png

That is a VERY VERY VERY good idea :) Well said =D>

I think this is something we can all agree on.

Im not sure if hes talking about Jagex or my thoughts on it. But also said now things are going to be harder without merchants and I 100 percent agree with that. Merchants (not the ones that buy and sell high value items) are very useful, they collect a mass of items then sell to a person for a slightly higher ammount they they aquired them at. This profit was threw number and not just 1 Item. Right now the system Jagex is implimenting is Unfair to everyone.

Sirhappy2002.png

I developed this formula in an earlier topic; it seems to fit pretty well with your idea.

((Total XP)/3m + (QP + (Total Level - 32) + (Combat Level - 3))/100 + (Trades Completed (Value > 9,000 gp) + Duels Completed + Players Killed)/150) * 3,000

The formula looks pretty good, except I don't know if Jagex keeps track of how many trades you've made, the exact value of the trade, how many duels you've compleated, or how many players you've killed.

If they do it would probably work. I'd like to see an example of how it works though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I know people will see how bad this is, It will just take time if nothing else. The restrictions they have put on it are far to drastic and it makes the game hard to play as a social group. I really have no clue what TET will do. Now they you cant give prizes and you cant sell people for time to give prizes away. Its leave a huge hole in the social workings of the game.

The economic hit it gives inside runescape is also very drastic, making you put full faith into the GE even tho its new and has done far from prove itself.

what about those whom socialize without giving away items? i sure as hell do that, people ask me for [cabbage] all the time, im like i dont got it. i might lie about it but i just dont like not having my stuff at all times, its not fear of being ripped off. its the inconvenience of wanting to do this, when i want to do it with my stuff and not have to rely on my friends to be online, or have the $ to fix my [cabbage], such as barrows armor.

as for the bolded part, what the hell are you talking about far from prove its self? its prooving its self EVERY DAY. it works, i would LOVE for someone to reasonably explain to me how the GE has suddenly killed your account where from this point on you cannot recover. i met some guy on the RSOF, he claimed to be a businessman who had a company about to turn a 250k profit, yet he did not understand why the GE led to decline in prices of black dragonhide sets. then went on to tell me something he knew nothing about, how that companies never under sell their products at below cost to drive out other competitors. it happened, happens and will continue to happen. people just come on, be realistic, if your going to complain just take it slow.

the GE is now a living market, its like a puppy a few weeks ago, new pissed all over your carpet and kept you up at night. now its like a dog, working good and eating its dog food and going outside when its gotta piss. what we used to have is a ragdoll, inflated/deflated by puppet masters.

sure the 3k trade limit is not the best, but it works. it has worked for other games and still is working for those games. heres an example, my friend i know in real life made me 100k iron knives to get him like 15 smithing levels. he gave them back afterwards. with the assist system and trade update i cant do that? well, hey too bad so sad. i bet this is the same exact stuff people said when they gave this game a chat filter. its ruined oh noes cant plays now more "pay2say" riots...

the game will go on.

what about those whom socialize without giving away items? i sure as hell do that, people ask me for [cabbage] all the time, im like i dont got it. i might lie about it but i just dont like not having my stuff at all times, its not fear of being ripped off. its the inconvenience of wanting to do this, when i want to do it with my stuff and not have to rely on my friends to be online, or have the $ to fix my [cabbage], such as barrows armor.

as for the bolded part, what the hell are you talking about far from prove its self? its prooving its self EVERY DAY. it works, i would LOVE for someone to reasonably explain to me how the GE has suddenly killed your account where from this point on you cannot recover. i met some guy on the RSOF, he claimed to be a businessman who had a company about to turn a 250k profit, yet he did not understand why the GE led to decline in prices of black dragonhide sets. then went on to tell me something he knew nothing about, how that companies never under sell their products at below cost to drive out other competitors. it happened, happens and will continue to happen. people just come on, be realistic, if your going to complain just take it slow.

the GE is now a living market, its like a puppy a few weeks ago, new pissed all over your carpet and kept you up at night. now its like a dog, working good and eating its dog food and going outside when its gotta piss. what we used to have is a ragdoll, inflated/deflated by puppet masters.

sure the 3k trade limit is not the best, but it works. it has worked for other games and still is working for those games. heres an example, my friend i know in real life made me 100k iron knives to get him like 15 smithing levels. he gave them back afterwards. with the assist system and trade update i cant do that? well, hey too bad so sad. i bet this is the same exact stuff people said when they gave this game a chat filter. its ruined oh noes cant plays now more "pay2say" riots...

the game will go on.

Ive always been nice to people around me If i have something and dont need it I let them have it, they created the ignore option just for people like you that didnt want to listen to people asking for stuff.

The market will never be stable, first off prior to this newbs adn noobs both sold in there world adn rarly outside, this my have ment they sell for less. With the GE the middle man is gone and people will sell for whatever gets them teh cash fastest. Noobs and Newbs dont care what they sell for as long as they get GP. Like I said about Pots in the begining. O and people not underselling Is BS, People always want there stuff to sell fast and with GE nothing sells fast except the stuff thats in high demand other then them everything is snail slow.

I was capable of making over 3M a day being a bulk merchant, I would buy stuff at street value but I would collect thousands of let say rannar seeds, then with that Id go to people who didnt like to trade or dont have the time to spend collecting and sell them to em. The GE cant replace the speed at which merchants did the same job, nor the ability to haggle both lower and higher as number are avalible.

When the chat filter came in people where pissed I know I was, even tho I didnt say really bad words I still said [wagon] a good lot. back then people had respect for each other and there wasnt a need for any of this thats here now or going into effect soon. I also know that Jagex people played runescape, with these updates im really starting to wonder if they do anymore. making changes that hurt so meny people and stop there enjoyment of the game.

Sirhappy2002.png

O and people not underselling Is BS, People always want there stuff to sell fast and with GE nothing sells fast except the stuff thats in high demand other then them everything is snail slow.

how is this at all different then our current or previous system? have you ever tried selling buckets of sand? its a [bleep].

the time spent selling now is more valuable, thats why i love this update, now people have to use the ge however at this crucial period, i have found a flaw i call the flaw "the grand entrapment", i could start a topic over it and explain it, infact it has potential to yield great benefits and profits and its something a few have noticed and a few have not.

anyway, its going to happen. oh, and you think they made an ignore list and privacy settings for people like me? no, they made it for less social people then me. and for people who require it, take zezima or another top 20 player, his clan chat is crazy full always. the people i speak of that i am social with are friends of mine whom i trust and speak with daily.

To the Author of the OT: are you a pure, or are you just lazy? IDC whether or not you like quests, for any reason. I do have a problem with you complaining that you have to do quests in order to get/give more in a trade than 3k?

If you're pure, and you're afraid to gain a magic/ranged/def/??? lvl, well, what's that pure good for now? How's Duel Arena doing for ya? 3k/15 mins worthwhile? How's BH? Are you owning, or gettin owned?

Pures are pretty much worthless now, thanks to no PKing. Sure the above I mentioned have some worth to pures, but not very much.

No, your title question is pretty much worthless. Obviously you've been playing RS under a rock, if you haven't seen any of the ongoing war against terrorism... I mean, RWTers. If you haven't been kept up, JaGEx just dismantled the RWTer operation in RS. Sure, at the cost of all the other legit players. But, could I trust you in being a legit player or a bot or a RWTer? OF COURSE NOT! You can't trust me, or anyone else in RS, to be legit. But, for the most part, most numerous lvl3s were bots, and higher lvls were RWTers collecting their dough. Now that the war has been quelled, we can expect to see the old trade system come to life in ETA of 6 to 8 months. Just a speculation, but we'll see it come back to the old system, when JaGEx feels ready to trust the whole, or about 99%, of players.

~WSW~

O and people not underselling Is BS, People always want there stuff to sell fast and with GE nothing sells fast except the stuff thats in high demand other then them everything is snail slow.

how is this at all different then our current or previous system? have you ever tried selling buckets of sand? its a [bleep].

the time spent selling now is more valuable, thats why i love this update, now people have to use the ge however at this crucial period, i have found a flaw i call the flaw "the grand entrapment", i could start a topic over it and explain it, infact it has potential to yield great benefits and profits and its something a few have noticed and a few have not.

anyway, its going to happen. oh, and you think they made an ignore list and privacy settings for people like me? no, they made it for less social people then me. and for people who require it, take zezima or another top 20 player, his clan chat is crazy full always. the people i speak of that i am social with are friends of mine whom i trust and speak with daily.

Ive tried to sell everything but P hats since ive started, I know what used to sell and I knew the price of almost everything or at the very least how to find the price. My account is worth well over 1B gp.

GE if it wasnt forced on us wouldnt be a bad system, but at this rate its far from good. They should have released it atleast 3 months in advanced of this next planed update. I think the some bug will be worked out but prices of popular items will be stupid high then no one will want to pay and low demand items will become cheap so prices will tank, no one will collect and the prices will climb and go in a cycle. Why is that bad? Because it will become unpredictable in its movements, and It wont be based on supply and demand but more on delay. For people that need cash fast It will create a problem as they cant sell the goods for days or months becuase no one wants to buy, and then no one will want to sell for the price making the market stagnent and sit in an area neither group will want to touch.

Sirhappy2002.png

To the Author of the OT: are you a pure, or are you just lazy? IDC whether or not you like quests, for any reason. I do have a problem with you complaining that you have to do quests in order to get/give more in a trade than 3k?

If you're pure, and you're afraid to gain a magic/ranged/def/??? lvl, well, what's that pure good for now? How's Duel Arena doing for ya? 3k/15 mins worthwhile? How's BH? Are you owning, or gettin owned?

Pures are pretty much worthless now, thanks to no PKing. Sure the above I mentioned have some worth to pures, but not very much.

No, your title question is pretty much worthless. Obviously you've been playing RS under a rock, if you haven't seen any of the ongoing war against terrorism... I mean, RWTers. If you haven't been kept up, JaGEx just dismantled the RWTer operation in RS. Sure, at the cost of all the other legit players. But, could I trust you in being a legit player or a bot or a RWTer? OF COURSE NOT! You can't trust me, or anyone else in RS, to be legit. But, for the most part, most numerous lvl3s were bots, and higher lvls were RWTers collecting their dough. Now that the war has been quelled, we can expect to see the old trade system come to life in ETA of 6 to 8 months. Just a speculation, but we'll see it come back to the old system, when JaGEx feels ready to trust the whole, or about 99%, of players.

~WSW~

You do know you can click my username right? that shows my stats :roll:

Ive mentioned in previous posts why I dont like quest, I suggest you read before you post.

Being so untrusting of others is a shame, I have meny close freinds ive found throught the game that we used to share and give stuff to help each other.

What Jagex is doing will only dehumanize everyone in Rs, making think there in a machine and not interacting with a person that has feelings, thoughts or considerations.

Sirhappy2002.png

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I didn't read all the thread

All I'm going to say is, you're whining about the 3k limit being harsh and suggest no trading until level 100? Dude, seriously wtf

MY BEST ITEM IS A BRONSE COIN! I KILLED ZEZIMA AND HE DROPED IT!

The updates aren't to everybody's delight... but they DO benefit ALL of us and Jagex as a company! Many people fail to consider that Jagex ARE a company and along with catering for our own needs as customers, they have to look out for their company staff, profit and business! :)

Please consider this before sayin words to the effect of "Runescape is dead/ruined" etc.

Myles

The updates aren't to everybody's delight... but they DO benefit ALL of us and Jagex as a company! Many people fail to consider that Jagex ARE a company and along with catering for our own needs as customers, they have to look out for their company staff, profit and business! :)

Please consider this before sayin words to the effect of "Runescape is dead/ruined" etc.

Myles

I fail to see how a lack of PKing in the Wilderness benefits me, other than making runite easier to mine (or it would have, except now people who wouldn't come out there to mine before are having at it). I fail to see how Bounty Hunter is beneficial. I fail to see how a trading cap promotes a fluid economy. I fail to see how a trading cap benefits me. I fail to see how putting a 3k cap on staking benefits me. I fail to see why the updates were necessary when clearly they have caused bigger problems for the game than the problem they were trying to combat. That is my issue. The moves Jagex made were not as necessary as they claim, or at the very least the wrong moves to make (see my topic on the Wilderneess and many others' proposed alternatives to and suggestions for fixing problems created by these updates).

I know some idiot is going to respond with "STFU AT LEAST BOTS ARE GONE LOL RITE ARTIFICIAL?" Please. You know as well as I do that the bots were annoying, but never deadly to the game. Jagex can throw out as many figures as they want about how big a business goldfarming was and how much it cost them and how much content it kept them from working on because of the cost (come on, now, with turning decent profits every year you don't honestly expect me to believe that?! as an f2p I'm content with what I HAD and no longer HAVE anyway), but the fact was that it affected the game itself in fairly insubstantial ways, such as keeping yew and coal prices very low (sorry to all you woodcutting enthusiasts out there; I have 76 myself but still fail to understand how you can enjoy that horrible skill). I hated bots, I wanted them gone, but not at this price. No way.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I didn't read all the thread

All I'm going to say is, you're whining about the 3k limit being harsh and suggest no trading until level 100? Dude, seriously wtf

I never said no trading I said resticted, thats basically what jagex is putting into place, but I said they should figure combat in with there QP for under 100, 100 doesnt have to be 100 it could be 120, I just thought 100 was a good number.

Sirhappy2002.png

~WSW~

You do know you can click my username right? that shows my stats

Ive mentioned in previous posts why I dont like quest, I suggest you read before you post.

Being so untrusting of others is a shame, I have meny close freinds ive found throught the game that we used to share and give stuff to help each other.

What Jagex is doing will only dehumanize everyone in Rs, making think there in a machine and not interacting with a person that has feelings, thoughts or considerations.

Well, hell, Marduk, we ain't against people who are against the changes, we're just annoyed that you would think of some pretty idiotic ideas that could potentially make RS extinct. (trade @ lvl 100 - this aint communism , this is capitalism, you stupid noob - yes i'm calling you a stupid noob, marduk!)

You're an atk/str pure. 84 def compared to the high 90's lvls of atk and str... you're just lazy or not imagnative. Get over it.

I'm sorry you hate quests based on content. Be glad you have 144 qp. I'd be afraid you'd quit if trade limits were based on qp! (PS I hope you do quit - that way, 1 more major whiner gone from the RS world :P)

Unfortunately, your friends that you know irl that play RS you can sure believe they're real - unless they're gettin hacked. The other ppl you met on RS, that you don't know irl, sure they can put on a good convo, but you know if they're legit? They skilled as a cover-up perhaps.

It's not a shame to not trust people. That's called being on your guard. Kinda like if you were on myspace talking, and a boy your age wants to meet you. Turns out he's somewhere in his 30s and a molester. Same deal here. A bot is just as bad as a molester, in their respective environments. They're danger to societies.

I'm sorry, Marduk, I'm glad you're also not working for JaGEx. You'd destroy JaGEx in one fell swoop. Millions would have nothing to play, and you'd be out of a job. They wouldn't let you even touch MechScape.

Bell curves don't work well here on RS. Your argument is invalid, comparing it to college (i'm assuming you meant grades in college courses.) Bell curves... curves... qp is a straight number, can easily be implemented as a linear algorithm to easily limit trade worth and value.

Basis: you get rewarded (in this case, decreased trading restrictions) by purchasing a product that a company sells (i.e. JaGEx sells their ideas as quests. Players - customers - do the quests.)

You were a mod? Who in the hell gave you mod status?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Off the counter-rant:

My guess on the 3000 number is that JaGEx would have created the system so that based on your combat lvl, you could trade up to 1k times your cmb lvl. Pretty uneven as far as the range of cmb goes, but in this case, a lvl 3 autoer could only trade up to (1k * cmb lvl 3) = 3k per 15 minutes to a bot owner's main account (1k * let's say cmb lvl 60) = 60k per 15 minutes.

QP is a much smaller number to work with on f2p scale (seeing as you can get up to 34-35 qp on f2p). The trade restriction is much easier to work with, because many f2pers will have done most or all the quests to fully enjoy JaGEx's product. It's again coming to the rewards thing i said before.

~WSW~