A psychological decision

Lionheart_0

Guys^, it's just messing around. Calm down.

Although, I would have to side with you in that every joking answer should at least be paired with one's serious one. Just making a sophmoric joke and not properly playing the game is no fun :| .

Yes, that was my initial stance. Some of them are pretty funny, so yeah I agree with that.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But a hemisphere is only half a circle, so the radius is from the floor to the ceiling, so the only place you can fully stand up is in the center. But, theorectically, you could request a bigger room, as I stated earlier.

But the radius is twice your height... :wall:

EDIT: To clear things up... Red line is the radius.

radius2ji5.png

oh, woops. I got confused again. My B.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

better idea then my previous post. Enter room A and ask for a pass that will get you in between the two rooms. go to room B, grab gun, head to room A. ask for more ammo, shoot out the camera's and shoot yourself.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Room A wouldn't be that bad. I mean, it wouldn't be ideal, but given the two choices I don't see why A is that bad. I might get kinda of antzy without a shower for 20 years, though.

But without the constant need to do chores, work, and all the other worries of life, you could basically become exceptionably knowledgable and skilled in several areas, and could probably stay in pretty good shape. I don't talk to people all that much now, and often actively avoid direct communication with other humans, so that wouldn't be as much of an issue for me compared to extroverted people. A few weeks ago I went an entire day where all I said to a person was the brief interation required to order and pay for a meal. This would be just like being in jail, but with most everything you could want, and minus the group showers with lonely fellow inmates.

The only thing I think I'd really need would be a clock. With no windows, you'd have no conception of time, how long you slept. Though I guess requesting daily newspapers could give you some idea of what day and year it was.

And to all those saying they would shoot their way out: This is just something to ponder. If they ever went through with this, they'd see which you picked then intervene to stop you from killing yourself or getting into the room. The idea is to see your reaction not to see you go through with it. Plus, if you killed/exploded your way out, you'd get put in real jail which wouldn't be so cushy.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Room A wouldn't be that bad. I mean, it wouldn't be ideal, but given the two choices I don't see why A is that bad. I might get kinda of antzy without a shower for 20 years, though.

But without the constant need to do chores, work, and all the other worries of life, you could basically become exceptionably knowledgable and skilled in several areas, and could probably stay in pretty good shape. I don't talk to people all that much now, and often actively avoid direct communication with other humans, so that wouldn't be as much of an issue for me compared to extroverted people. A few weeks ago I went an entire day where all I said to a person was the brief interation required to order and pay for a meal. This would be just like being in jail, but with most everything you could want, and minus the group showers with lonely fellow inmates.

The only thing I think I'd really need would be a clock. With no windows, you'd have no conception of time, how long you slept. Though I guess requesting daily newspapers could give you some idea of what day and year it was.

And to all those saying they would shoot their way out: This is just something to ponder. If they ever went through with this, they'd see which you picked then intervene to stop you from killing yourself or getting into the room. The idea is to see your reaction not to see you go through with it. Plus, if you killed/exploded your way out, you'd get put in real jail which wouldn't be so cushy.

Well, you'd be able to request a shower... Unless they think you plan to drown yourself. :-s

Same with the clock.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I wonder what the line is between mechanical and electronic, like a wind up toy isn't electric, but it's mechanical.

Anyway, i would probably fill the edges of the room that are too small for anything else with books. I wouldn't have a normal bed, but rather a thin squishy mattress(like a temprapedic thingy), since a bed would take up too much room. on one edge i would have some weights and maybe i could request a treadmill with all the electric parts taken out, so that way you could just run in place, but not speed settings.

On another side i would have a folding chair and table, and the rest of the room i would leave for whatever I felt like having at that time.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

better idea then my previous post. Enter room A and ask for a pass that will get you in between the two rooms. go to room B, grab gun, head to room A. ask for more ammo, shoot out the camera's and shoot yourself.

That's why you just choose room B :wall:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Showers and clocks are ask-able (?)

Why wouldn't they be? Clocks are mechanical, unless they're digital. And a shower is...kinda necessary.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Why wouldn't they be? Clocks are mechanical, unless they're digital. And a shower is...kinda necessary.

Pfft, I could handle 20 years without a shower. I'd just need a chisel to chip off the fungus... :uhh:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hmm, for A: Is there any chance for sex? (human female, no robot weirdo imposter stuff) 'Cause 20 years without it would be a bit difficult.

I only think there's the clone... but you're being watched 24 hours a day. :shock:

also ask for a paintball gun w/ paintballs and cover all the cameras n stuff with paint :lol:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

just remebered soemthing...

you would DEFINATELY go insane within the 1st month..... unless there were windows.....

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Most clocks seem to be electric, though I guess you could ask for a mechanical one (though I guess you'd never know if it was keeping time).

Showers/plumbing seem to need electricity to pump water. I guess you could ask for a tub, and a lot of hot water, but I hate baths.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Showers don't need electricity to pump water (try getting a shower during a blackout), though some of them do need electricity to heat the water by themselves.

However, I just found out, you can't ask for anything electric, so there are no lamps, and there are no windows. How could you live 20 years in the dark? It'd be like being blind!

Or you'd have to ask for 800kg of glowing fungi.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Showers don't need electricity to pump water (try getting a shower during a blackout), though some of them do need electricity to heat the water by themselves.

However, I just found out, you can't ask for anything electric, so there are no lamps, and there are no windows. How could you live 20 years in the dark? It'd be like being blind!

Or, you know, a fireplace, some wood, and a match :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

What if it's not very well ventilated? :shock:

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

1) Since the OP said nothing about ventilation of any kind, I'm supposing that you'll only get enough ventilation to stay alive for 20 years.

2) 800kg of glowing fungi are much more fun than simple logs and matches. -You really are serious cat in disguise, eh?

3) If you still insist on using the serious, boring alternative, why'd you get matches if you could get firelighters?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

:? I would assume there is a good ventilation. Although the most of us use 16% oxygen in the air when we breath in, this is only an approximation, and us humans being unique, some of us will breath more or less. As well, depending how much people exercise or sleep, the amount of oxygen would need to be able to either keep coming or be easily replenishable.

As well, for those saying they would do something to the camera's. Since if they left camera's in the room there would be electronics in the room, I think it would be safe to say, there are no camera's 'in the room'. Instead, there is no indication of what the room is made out of, so it could be a material only allowing one to view the inside from the outside, and not vice versa.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

As well, for those saying they would do something to the camera's. Since if they left camera's in the room there would be electronics in the room, I think it would be safe to say, there are no camera's 'in the room'. Instead, there is no indication of what the room is made out of, so it could be a material only allowing one to view the inside from the outside, and not vice versa.

Yea I always assumed it was just big obsrvation windows like in operating rooms so they could see you. 1-way, though.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

It'd definately be the gun and bullet for me. I'd never put up with 20 years of an experiment like that, and even if you could request a look-alike of any person, real or not, in a zombie state like the one mentioned they may as well not be there.

So I'll take door B.

randy_1009.png