Cloverfield Discussion Thread: Warning! Contains Spoilers!!!

Craiglowery

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a ton of concept art created by fans of the movie, that's just one example of it :P

I've been looking forward to see this movie since July, there was a huge craze on the imdb boards about this movie that was quite entertaining, since absolutely nothing was known about it. Monster ideas ranged from a big lion to (my favorite) cthulthu.

160vy.png

That pic looks kind of accurate... I mean, the thing's big enough to hurl the Statue of Liberty's head into downtown NY. And the giant lice look pretty creepy. I'm assuming they detach from the host monster and infect all living creatures around them, creating some zombified mutant race.

But hey, that's just me speculating, it could be something completely different.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I will not see this movie. It is just an american monster movie like the 1997 AMERICAN version of Godzilla. Man, when will you stupid americans relize that the Japanese beat you in kaiju films????

Doesn't mean it won't be a fun, new, good experience.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It's definitely Clifford. A very pissed off Clifford.

Ahahahah! :XD:

Looks great, I don't love shaky camera movies either...but hopefully this one will be good.

Obviously shaky camera adds realism, so meh.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I will not see this movie. It is just an american monster movie like the 1997 AMERICAN version of Godzilla. Man, when will you stupid americans relize that the Japanese beat you in kaiju films????

So just because someone beats another in something, that person should just quit? Yeah, that makes sense. With your logic, we wouldn't have any of the tech we have now.

Anyway, the movie looks like it should be pretty good. I'll probably see it with some friends when it comes out.

So just because someone beats another in something, that person should just quit? Yeah, that makes sense. With your logic, we wouldn't have any of the tech we have now.

Anyway, the movie looks like it should be pretty good. I'll probably see it with some friends when it comes out.

Shut up. You stupid pig faced American.

:-s

No school on Friday (teacher's workshop or whatever) = me going to see it early!!! i wish my parents would let me go see the midnight show :P

2008 is a great year for movies... already! My list of movies to see:

One Missed Call

Cloverfield (Jan. 18)

Meet the Spartans (Jan. 25)

Jumper (Feb. 14)

Harold and Kumar 2 (April 25)

I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard about.

:-s

No school on Friday (teacher's workshop or whatever) = me going to see it early!!! i wish my parents would let me go see the midnight show :P

2008 is a great year for movies... already! My list of movies to see:

One Missed Call

Cloverfield (Jan. 18)

Meet the Spartans (Jan. 25)

Jumper (Feb. 14)

Harold and Kumar 2 (April 25)

I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard about.

Ironman

Hancock

Fanboys

Indy 4

Incredible Hulk

Get Smart

Wall-E

Hellboy 2 (meh)

The Dark Knight

Pineapple Express

Those are the ones off the top of my head that I am going to try to see, in addition to two you mentioned of course.

I hope Cloverfield doesn't disappoint. When I first saw the trailer/teaser a while ago I was very interested. Due to the obscurity of the trailer, I figured going into the movie knowing the least possible would be the best, which is why I stayed away from this topic for so long. Don't want to see any spoilers that were leaked :D . I've seen the picture of the monster everywhere though, which was really annoying when trying to not see anything before the movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

cloverfieldmonsterpictucd0.jpg

:o

The smaller monsters look like lice.

I'm sure the label "monster louse" has nothing to do with the resemblance :roll:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I can't wait, there's no midnight shows anywhere near me :( So I'm going with a bunch of friends at noon on Friday. Tomorrow will go by so slow and I won't be able to fall asleep Thursday night, I've been waiting for like 3 months for this movie. :lol:

You should come to Ohio to see it, I do believe Dadieseldude and I and some other people will hopefully be seeing it on Friday as well :P . What better way to celebrate the end of exams than watch NY get obliterated by Clifford?

p2gq.jpg

I can't wait, there's no midnight shows anywhere near me :( So I'm going with a bunch of friends at noon on Friday. Tomorrow will go by so slow and I won't be able to fall asleep Thursday night, I've been waiting for like 3 months for this movie. :lol:

You should come to Ohio to see it, I do believe Dadieseldude and I and some other people will hopefully be seeing it on Friday as well :P . What better way to celebrate the end of exams than watch NY get obliterated by Clifford?

You are going to a midnight showing? I have to head over to Cincy if I want to see a midnight showing, no theaters around here do. Which theater are you going to?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Nah, we'll be going to a noon/early afternoon showing. Still got one more day of exams, but once those are out tomorrow at 11 we'll be free to go.

p2gq.jpg

I would go see it on friday but I'm going to be a bit...out of it on friday hahaha

but yea, I can't wait another second for this movie, I've been waiting ever since I saw the teaser back at transformers, I've checked the fansites daily for like the last two months and I'm biting my nails in anxiousness to see this. I've never been so hyped up or excited for a movie in my entire life.

I read a sort-of review by a guy who saw an early screening, and he said it lived up to all the hype the movie has gotten so far. Needless to say I can't wait to see it, I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time. :P
I read this review as well, it appears legit but I don't know, it can't be confirmed by any source, but its not like its going to matter for much longer because its almost here OMG!!!!

Blargh, I had school today after all. Still might get to see it tonight (doubtful) or tomorrow.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

ah, ok one more thing.

When they finally found beth, what did he put the camera down to help him with? were they pulling something out of her?

She was stuck to a piece of concrete that had a piece of rebar sticking out of it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 1 year later...

Also,the concept sucked.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I actually loved this movie so much. The concept was just too cool.

Why do you keep bumping threads that haven't had replies in months? That is spam you know.

Sorry for wanting to re-bring up a discussion.