Guide To Making RuneScape Animated GIFs

Da_Latios

I find it funny how people call products such as "Photoshop" "photo shop" or "Hypercam" "hyper cam".

Anyway, I believe you can do this without Elements. I made a signature [shown below] well over a year and a half ago with just Photoshop and ImageReady (both CS2 versions). However it was not made from a video. Just a bunch of poorly cropped images pasted together.

Heh, I thought so highly of myself back then for owning a mask, having 66 rc, and making my own signature, which I never even used.

[hide=Sig]

testsignw7.gif[/hide]

Rofl you can do that with Ms paint :lol: good sig though.

Good guide.Short 'n' sweet. I like.

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!! Great guide Latios!

Here's mine:

clip0030xr6.gif

Lol... I was having a major lag when I made it so it explains the lagginess :P

Btw, VirtualDub is free, so take that instead of GIMP if you need to.

And Latios, you should mention that if a GIF is only 33 Bytes, something is wrong and you have to have a pretty short film to turn into a GIF. I've had the same problem as PizzaMan.

Oh THANK YOU! I finnally figured out how to do my sig!...it's not RS, but here's the fruits of my labours:

6195Uhhlol.gif

(if it's too big, please tell me.)

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

I find it funny how people call products such as "Photoshop" "photo shop" or "Hypercam" "hyper cam".

Anyway, I believe you can do this without Elements. I made a signature [shown below] well over a year and a half ago with just Photoshop and ImageReady (both CS2 versions). However it was not made from a video. Just a bunch of poorly cropped images pasted together.

Heh, I thought so highly of myself back then for owning a mask, having 66 rc, and making my own signature, which I never even used.

[hide=Sig]

testsignw7.gif[/hide]

Rofl you can do that with Ms paint :lol: good sig though.

Good guide.Short 'n' sweet. I like.

Thanks, but three letters:

Mac.

(Macs are made by Apple, which doesn't have Microsoft Paint for those of you who don't know. However, I can now run Ms Paint on my new mac. Horray for Parallels!)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just wanted to state that you can also make gifs with the camtasia editing thingy :)
YOU COULD??? hmm oh well Virtual Dub also has some other cool functions

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, this thread has been dead for a few months, but I really need some help so I thought - whats worse, necroing a dead thread, or spamming by making a new one? You can decide!

Either way, Im having serious troubles with animated GIFs. I have the AVI file I want as a GIF, cropped and edited exactly how I want it. No matter how I try however, it will not end up as a FLUENT animated GIF. I have tried numerous programs including Virtualdub, GIMP, Camtasia and im using GIF Movie Gear atm...

As you can see im desperate...

Whenever I compile the GIF, in any program, it comes out slow and choppy. I have tried tampering with frame rates, frame delays, frame numbers but I just cant get it to go nicely!

I thought it may be just my Windows Photo Viewer which was making it look sluggish, but if I try to upload it on the internet, it appears as it is when I preview it!

Help plz?

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Okay, this thread has been dead for a few months, but I really need some help so I thought - whats worse, necroing a dead thread, or spamming by making a new one? You can decide!

Either way, Im having serious troubles with animated GIFs. I have the AVI file I want as a GIF, cropped and edited exactly how I want it. No matter how I try however, it will not end up as a FLUENT animated GIF. I have tried numerous programs including Virtualdub, GIMP, Camtasia and im using GIF Movie Gear atm...

As you can see im desperate...

Whenever I compile the GIF, in any program, it comes out slow and choppy. I have tried tampering with frame rates, frame delays, frame numbers but I just cant get it to go nicely!

I thought it may be just my Windows Photo Viewer which was making it look sluggish, but if I try to upload it on the internet, it appears as it is when I preview it!

Help plz?

You made sure that it wasn't like that in the original .avi file, right? I mean if it works as .avi it should work as .gif too, shouldn't it?

Sharkbarehand.gif

^Ftw

Exactly! The AVI is absolutely perfect, the preview in the creator is absolutely perfect... EVERYTHING is perfect until its finally compiled... and its all stodgy!

I really dont know what to do - I need an avatar... I look like a noob! =[

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

• 2 weeks later...

I made 1 with camtasia, and I read here it's possible to export it as gif, but I can't find how, (I also tried to use it with GIMP, and couldn't either), help please!

• 5 months later...

Hey, I have a quick question although I know that this isn't the most active thread - how do I put my animated gif onto tip.it? I think I've done everything right because it works and it moves and such, but I just can't figure out how to get it on here. PS. It might be a width or pixel error type deal, but I don't think so, I really just have no idea how to put it up.

Thank You!!

I downloaded GIMP at home, for an art project a couple of years ago, and i already have the recording software! :thumbsup:

I will post back soon with the finished product.

CLICK HERE FOR AWESOME STRENGTH PURE GUIDE!!

chip_xp.png

Drops: Barrows x 8

Dragon Boots x 5

Draconic Visage x 1

Bandos Tassets x 3