A Fishing Revolution

justcallmedaddy

I have come across a beautiful way to earn food that heals 18, ( 2 more hit points than monkfish) and can be gotten MUCH faster than monkfish and TONS faster than sharks. AND is only 5 exp. points less than monkfish! ( 5 MORE than sharks)

Requirements

~ 65 fishing

~ Tai Bwo wana trio quest completed. ( An easy quest)

~ A small fishing net

~ A karawamban vessel ( can be bought for 4 coins from Tidache ( the fishing brother in Tai Bwo Wanna trio quest).

Reccomended

~ Karajama gloves 3 ( makes banking much faster). (STRONGLY reccomended.)

Step 1. Fish the small fish Karabwanji (faster than shrimp) in the big pond where I am. ( south of the tai bwo wanna village).

pic1nq7.jpg

Step 2. Travel a bit east from the pond, cross the log, and go a little north until you see the fishing icon. Put your raw karabwanji in your karambwan vessel and fish for the karawamban

pic2vt9.jpg

Step 3. After getting your full load of karawamban, operate your Karamja gloves 3 and bank in Shilo.

Step 4 Repeat.

pros:

~ These fish sell for more *AND* heal 2 more hitpoints than monkfish

~ With karajama gloves 3, karambwan are faster than monkfish.

~ Only level 1 cooking is needed to cook karambwan.

~ Swan song is a harder quest for monkfish

~ 65 fishing is needed to fish karawamban, much better than the required level of 76 for sharks.

~ The karawamban fishing spot stays in the same place, no movement at all.

~ More exp. per fish then with shark, and only 5 less than monkfish. (NOTE: I am counting the 10 exp you get per karawambanjii on the account you HAVE to fish these in order to fish karawamban.

cons:

~ 65 fishing is needed for karawamban, only 62 fishing is needed for monkfish

~ WITHOUT Karamja gloves 3, banking is much more tedious

~ you have to reload your vessel with karawambanji after each karawamban you catch

As you can see, without Karamja gloves 3, this really isn't so much of a "revolution", but with them, I sure think it is.

I may add more to tweak the guide, add more pictures, more content, etc.

Thanks for reading. :)

i would use this heaps if i had the requirements, and was p2p! :boohoo: :ohnoes:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I don't believe you. First, I don't believe that people would be willing to reload their vessel after each catch for the limited gains you get. Second, few people have the Karamja Gloves 3. 100 combat in the problem for me, and If you've ever been to the fishing colony, you'll see that at least half are under 100 combat. Also, you can "poorly cook" them, which poisons you for 5. It takes a minimum of 30 to be able to cook them properly.

And finaly, I question your figures. Catching both the bait, and fish itself takes a lot of time. Until you document a run, or someone else verifies it, I'm not going to believe it.

Also, I want a fish per hour rate.

And I don't believe that you actually catch one with each bait. Althought that might just have been in the quest :-k

Oh, and a map might be good. And how do we get to the lake south of the village? You didn't tell us.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I don't believe you. First, I don't believe that people would be willing to reload their vessel after each catch for the limited gains you get. Second, few people have the Karamja Gloves 3. 100 combat in the problem for me, and If you've ever been to the fishing colony, you'll see that at least half are under 100 combat. Also, you can "poorly cook" them, which poisons you for 5. It takes a minimum of 30 to be able to cook them properly.

And finaly, I question your figures. Catching both the bait, and fish itself takes a lot of time. Until you document a run, or someone else verifies it, I'm not going to believe it.

Also, I want a fish per hour rate.

And I don't believe that you actually catch one with each bait. Althought that might just have been in the quest :-k

Oh, and a map might be good. And how do we get to the lake south of the village? You didn't tell us.

No, if you've completed the quest, you won't poorly cook them anymore.

And what do you mean how do you get to the lake? Go to the southern part of the village and you'll see a huge lake.

I know. But where do you come from? How do you get there from shilo? I believe that takes a lot of time.

And ok, I conceed about the cooking thing. but you never adresses anything else I said.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

To be honest with you, I agree with the person who is against this idea as it is such a annoyance getting karabwanwanwanwan (whatever they are called) to bait the lure, then travelling to go catch the other fish. I think if i was to start up with fishing again I would continue with monkfish.

one big problem, mate. with monks you have that bank conveniently there, whereas you have to do a ton more clicks with your method. Plus, with monks you don't need no fancy bait. just that small fishing net. Monkfish ftw.

Quest Cape Earned On 5/10/2008!

evilbeaver.png

These are tedious to fish due to the bait, and the walking.

One method to speed it up would be to first fish the bait, using fairy rings and banking in zanaris, then go to tzhaar cave, go out of the volcano, south ,use the grapple shortcut, fish them, and back. just a thought :anxious:

It's great to see an original attempt at skill training. I like your guide, but personally I wouldn't use it. Simply because I prefer to "Click and forget" when fishing. Reloading and walking around so much would annoy me lol

9/10 for the guide though.

Harrington.gif

Wouldn't it be much faster to use fairy rings instead of karamja gloves? There's a fairy ring next to both karambwan and karambwanji. I still don't see how this is faster than monks.

Thank you for the feedback I will try this. :)

thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

This is guite interesting, I will check it out. IT will definitely help a little that spot doesnt move.

With my 96 fishing level monkfishing gives about 33k-34k fishing xp per hour (about 280 fish per hour).

(If someone is interested, I can fish only 130 sharks per hour, with current prices it is little more profitable than fishing monks and also gives 11 strength xp per fish meaning 1430 str xp per hour)

And using Fairy rings will definitely be faster making it possible to bank in Zanaris too. And I think that more people are able to use them than karamja gloves 3 :)

Use DKP and CKR codes.

I have tried it out now.

Fishing level: 96

Time: 1 hour

What I got:

Karambwans: 140

Fishing xp: About 16k

They were sold instantly for highest price (440ea). Currently only fish i know that has higher price as cooked (ie. you can make money buy cooking these). However, price of raw fish is clearly going up.

So, money gained per hour: 61600 gp

Both worse xp and worse money compared to fishing monkfishes.

A very little better xp than fishing sharks but almost anything is better xp than sharks :P

I admit that it could work if you wouldn't waste your baits. I got usually just 11-15 karambwans fished per trip (26 baits used) and my max amount was about 20. I also tried it by boosting my fishing level to 99 by fishing potion to see if it has something effect and it didn't have :(

Also if baits were stackable, this would be worth it. But they are not :(

So, I don't suggest trying this :/

However, if you do, you may find it useful to have more than 1 vessel with you, so that you dont have to put karambwanji into it after every time. You still need to click spot again everytime, though.

It's great to see an original attempt at skill training. I like your guide, but personally I wouldn't use it. Simply because I prefer to "Click and forget" when fishing. Reloading and walking around so much would annoy me lol

9/10 for the guide though.

Exactly what i'd say, word for word.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.