We can already summon karamthulhu

vava54own

jagex is starting to take the vids of the karamthulhu off youtube :(

whenever i try to watch one of the vids it says it has been taken off due to copyright of jagex.

I think its my fault. i sent in a bug report with the links to the vids yesterday #-o

Lol, why kiss up to Jagex so much as to report this? It was one of our fun hints to summoning but you want your +1 to pmod and ruin it :roll:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whenever i try to watch one of the vids it says it has been taken off due to copyright of jagex.

I think its my fault. i sent in a bug report with the links to the vids yesterday #-o

^Nice job, wannabe-mod

It was fun while it lasted. :P

Palas1.png

Right when I read the part on how to get it, I took off towards the zombie pirates. I got the Karamthulhu drop right when I read that Jagex fixed it :(

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

X1992x posted this on RSOF, it got locked on the second page, even a "hyt" message got hidden. :cry:

yup :D

lol i love the new thing when you die with them :XD: :XD:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Hi everyone,

There have been a number of posts today about a certain set of circumstances which allowed some players to see one creature from the Summoning skill in the live game, even though the skill has not yet been released.

I can confirm that this was not an intentional preview and it has now been removed from the game.

Those of you who didn't get to see it will have to wait until the skill is officially released. I can't say exactly when that will be, but keep your eyes on the Recent News section of the main RuneScape homepage.

For anyone who did try out the steps to see this creature, we will not be considering this a breach of Rule 4: Bug Abuse as it didn't give anyone an unfair advantage, nor any permanent gains. However, please don't discuss it on the Forums as this would be one less surprise for other players when the skill actually comes out. Our policy is not to allow spoilers on the Forums.

Please feel free to continue using the Future Updates Forum to speculate about anything else you think might be included in the Summoning skill, though!

Thanks and happy RuneScaping,

-Mod Jon H

Quest Cape Since 8/9/07

dancool_938.png

Shame they took it down..and even bigger shame theyre getting the vids removed from youtube.....

But if this code is there, and WASN'T an easter-egg and was an actual mistake...I wonder if this means that when we die with the required items to summon something, the creature is "born" and just wanders around aimlessly...or do you think with some monsters it will fight the thing that killed you ?? Maybe one might even bless your gravestone, or atleast repair it ?

Makes you wonder dunnit :?:

RossoDiavolo.gif

ROSSODIAVOLO.png

Lol, why kiss up to Jagex so much as to report this? It was one of our fun hints to summoning but you want your +1 to pmod and ruin it :roll:

You do realize that Jagex probably didn't even read his post, they just took them off anyways and would have without his message.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Shame they took it down..and even bigger shame theyre getting the vids removed from youtube.....

But if this code is there, and WASN'T an easter-egg and was an actual mistake...I wonder if this means that when we die with the required items to summon something, the creature is "born" and just wanders around aimlessly...or do you think with some monsters it will fight the thing that killed you ?? Maybe one might even bless your gravestone, or atleast repair it ?

Makes you wonder dunnit :?:

Probably if you die with the creature in your inventory, it's set free.

icecube7.jpeg

I wonder why some, if not all of the Summoning code was uploaded to the live servers. Seems a bit strange. I would have thought JAGeX would keep the new code on their testing servers until the day of release.

My toughts exaclty. I'm guessing it's because the update is so huge they're slowly updating the game bit after bit. Which means a big part of the back end of summoning is already ingame. What they have left to add is the visible part of summoning. An exemple is that most summoning graphics have been ingame for at least a month now.. They're doing it to reduce the server load the day of release :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I wonder why some, if not all of the Summoning code was uploaded to the live servers. Seems a bit strange. I would have thought JAGeX would keep the new code on their testing servers until the day of release.

My toughts exaclty. I'm guessing it's because the update is so huge they're slowly updating the game bit after bit. Which means a big part of the back end of summoning is already ingame. What they have left to add is the visible part of summoning. An exemple is that most summoning graphics have been ingame for at least a month now.. They're doing it to reduce the server load the day of release :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

The same happened for Construction; some of the content was added quite a few months before its release (and, as with summoning, some players found some of the models/items before they were meant to).

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Otherwise Runescape will be extremely laggy when summoning comes out when everyone downloads the new updates. Remember the new Runescape Login engine? That day was extreme lagg.

And we were all thinking about how horribly JaGeX messed up by making it HARDER to connect with the new engine.. hehe

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Otherwise Runescape will be extremely laggy when summoning comes out when everyone downloads the new updates. Remember the new Runescape Login engine? That day was extreme lagg.

Yes but server side code would not affect the client download anyway. The actual code to summon the creatures is all server side so it makes me wonder why they did it as uploading it now would not reduce server load on release.