We can already summon karamthulhu

vava54own

Otherwise Runescape will be extremely laggy when summoning comes out when everyone downloads the new updates. Remember the new Runescape Login engine? That day was extreme lagg.

Yes but server side code would not affect the client download anyway. The actual code to summon the creatures is all server side so it makes me wonder why they did it as uploading it now would not reduce server load on release.

Tbh, I think it might have just been a small leak.. it happens from time to time.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you get this message when you try to "summon it":

78xf77inzrj99pbcrw1n71kwywmms3.png

:lol:

Is that real? If so jagex got their sense of solving problems with humor back

this proves jagex does not have to do a system update for somethings. as i was gone for a few hours logged in and then read this.

Yes, Andrew exclusively uses smilies with a nose like that, ever since RSC days. Could be some other staff member though; But really looks like something A.Gower would write.

this proves jagex does not have to do a system update for somethings. as i was gone for a few hours logged in and then read this.

they call it a hot fix when they update the game without a system update, I can only recall another 3 times this has been done (and noticed)

-Release of farming skill: they hot fixed the game so that we could not dig up our crops, and had to wait till they grow or die to remove them

-Lumbridge chest grape fix: after several months of not noticing they reduced the number of grapes down from 50

-Fremnik islands: they updates the ice trolls in the quest cave to not have any drops (I was fighting them as this change was made)

Yes, Andrew exclusively uses smilies with a nose like that, ever since RSC days. Could be some other staff member though; But really looks like something A.Gower would write.

Actually I believe that this update was mod ash, I have only even known ash do hotfixes, and he also uses the smilies with noeses.

sig2webzx7.jpg

they call it a hot fix when they update the game without a system update, I can only recall another 3 times this has been done (and noticed)

-Release of farming skill: they hot fixed the game so that we could not dig up our crops, and had to wait till they grow or die to remove them

-Lumbridge chest grape fix: after several months of not noticing they reduced the number of grapes down from 50

-Fremnik islands: they updates the ice trolls in the quest cave to not have any drops (I was fighting them as this change was made)

Pest Control was another of those; XP and money were changed within an hour or two of its release without a system update. It caused quite a lot of noise within the RSOF :P.

Did the thing look anything like this?

[hide=Spoilers Ahead, only look if you wants to see a summoning monster before summoning is released.]72bel1i.png[/hide]

Yeah, there're a few screenies of it in this thread.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Maybe they've been sneaking some of the code in, just so it's not as big a download when they release the skill. Just a thought i had.

Can you talk to it? what does it say? :shock:

Actually they've been downloading the images for most of the monsters to your computers for days now. Thats where the image above came from.

Maybe they've been sneaking some of the code in, just so it's not as big a download when they release the skill. Just a thought i had.

Can you talk to it? what does it say? :shock:

Actually they've been downloading the images for most of the monsters to your computers for days now. Thats where the image above came from.

i also noticed the last cople of days, when i load runescape its stays at downloading new content for a while. so they HAVE been downloading sommoning files to the servers.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

[hide]

they call it a hot fix when they update the game without a system update, [/hide]I can only recall another 3 times this has been done (and noticed)

There was also the time when they introuduced the 'buy X' option into shops. You were able to buy as many cheese potatoes (heal 16) as you wanted at warrior guild, for a VERY small amount of coins (16gp I think). Well, they made it so when you traded the seller, it said "I have run out of all of the food!" without a system update while they changed the prices.

Hi everyone,

There have been a number of posts today about a certain set of circumstances which allowed some players to see one creature from the Summoning skill in the live game, even though the skill has not yet been released.

I can confirm that this was not an intentional preview and it has now been removed from the game.

Those of you who didn't get to see it will have to wait until the skill is officially released. I can't say exactly when that will be, but keep your eyes on the Recent News section of the main RuneScape homepage.

For anyone who did try out the steps to see this creature, we will not be considering this a breach of Rule 4: Bug Abuse as it didn't give anyone an unfair advantage, nor any permanent gains. However, please don't discuss it on the Forums as this would be one less surprise for other players when the skill actually comes out. Our policy is not to allow spoilers on the Forums.

Please feel free to continue using the Future Updates Forum to speculate about anything else you think might be included in the Summoning skill, though!

Thanks and happy RuneScaping,

-Mod Jon H

Where was this posted?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Freaking awesome.

Jagex is really cracking down hard on the youtube vids.

I hope no one gets banned for bug abuse...its Jagex's own fault.

Not really.

They put the code in for future updates like this all the time, but I'm quite sure that they didn't expect someone to die with the familiar, thus opening up a bug.

If anything, it's the players' fault that they exploited it. Wouldn't it have made sense to stop and think about it for a second instead of doing it like everyone else?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Where was this posted?

RS Official forum, where else would a Mod post?

I knew that, I was looking for more along the lines of a thread name.

It's a sticky in Future Updates

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Mod Wilson has added his own input into the Karamthulhu ordeal:

Hi all!

I would like to confirm that this was NOT a Summoning spoiler, but a bug. In fact, this was a very old bug, that had simply not come to light until now.

As anyone who has been keeping up with the Development Diaries is aware, I am also the developer for the Rum Deal quest, and I came up with the karamthulhu at that point. Initially, it was going to act as another food source, but this plan was dropped in favour of having it as a creature. This linked into the other little project I had completed: fish bowls. The problem was, with the idea of Summoning already being discussed at that point, it was decided to leave it to be part of this skill, rather then have it as a separate creature in its own right. I kept a copy of the dummy NPC for myself, and took it to some of the multiplay tests that we were doing at the time, including the first versions of Pest Control!

The decision to keep it for Summoning was made after the creation of the graphics and (more importantly) the part where I attached the creature to the karamthulhu object, which was being dropped by the pirates. In the end, the dummy creature and the karamthulhu object was added to the game. Since there was no code that allowed you to spawn the creature - or so we thought - everything continued as usual. The problem is, as anyone with a cat will tell you, if you die with an object that says it is linked to an npc, then that npc will appear and wander around for a little while before vanishing...

Obviously, this bug has been there since Rum Deal was released; however, nobody was particularly interested in the item until now. The second that people started talking about them, everyone wanted one. If enough people had them, then it was inevitable that someone was going to die with one, and the bug appeared. Given the timing, people assumed it was a spoiler, so went to grab more and the cycle repeated.

Now, the bug HAS been corrected and should not appear in the future. I would also like to reassure people that this was a prototype, which has long-since been given an overhaul by Graphics, as well as being given new abilities. In fact, it was not a spoiler as such, or even a leak; it was merely the prototype graphics for my favourite creature, the karamthulhu. The REAL thing has been improved, tuned, tooled up and given all kinds of funky abilities - abilities like... Well, things that will just have to wait till release. :)

The post can be found here.

It's nice to hear it'll look even better than the prototype :).

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

sweet, now if only I could feed my pet squid some of those annoying nubs who constantly say they were hacked :roll: , and ask me would I mind giving them something :evil: .......even though they can only take 3k worth of items anyway :-k :XD:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.