We can already summon karamthulhu

vava54own

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how blatantly obvious and old this might seem but I think Karamthulu's name is from H. P. Lovecrafts Cthulhu Mythos.

Yes, I do think that little thing deserves to be compared to an evil squid faced god with dragon wings and a human body.

Anyway, sweet find. If this is the first summoning bug, well I think that some people will perish when the skill actually comes out. And we get swamped by them. Ah well.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

WOW! that's amazing. I'd try it myself but i'm afraid to get banned for exploiting a bug, if thats what it is. Great find though!

I actually don't think this is a bug, more or less Jagex leaking stuff :P

This has to be more than just a bug.. someone put some specific code into the game to make this happen.

My guess is that part of the way familiars work is that they are released or something else happens to them if you die and they aren't one of your kept "items".

This code was put into the game in advance, like some of the other Summoning bits, since most of the Summoning monsters don't actually exist yet. Jagex either forgot that the squid is already in the game, or else left it as an easter egg.

I have to agree...this is not by definiton a "bug" .... the code was put in the game and nobody at RS thought it would be found before release of summoning or didn't care ... but awesome find nonetheless

I just wonder what ever made you think ..."hmmm...let me get one of the Karamathulu squid thingys from that Rum quest and die with it in my pack just to see what happens?" :shock: They way you guys find things simply amazes me.

mak_1027.png

WOW! that's amazing. I'd try it myself but i'm afraid to get banned for exploiting a bug, if thats what it is. Great find though!

I actually don't think this is a bug, more or less Jagex leaking stuff :P

This has to be more than just a bug.. someone put some specific code into the game to make this happen.

My guess is that part of the way familiars work is that they are released or something else happens to them if you die and they aren't one of your kept "items".

This code was put into the game in advance, like some of the other Summoning bits, since most of the Summoning monsters don't actually exist yet. Jagex either forgot that the squid is already in the game, or else left it as an easter egg.

I have to agree...this is not by definiton a "bug" .... the code was put in the game and nobody at RS thought it would be found before release of summoning or didn't care ... but awesome find nonetheless

I just wonder what ever made you think ..."hmmm...let me get one of the Karamathulu squid thingys from that Rum quest and die with it in my pack just to see what happens?" :shock: They way you guys find things simply amazes me.

Maybe they've been sneaking some of the code in, just so it's not as big a download when they release the skill. Just a thought i had.

Can you talk to it? what does it say? :shock:

soldersig.jpg

Amazing, i would like to see this. Great find there =D>

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I don't know how blatantly obvious and old this might seem but I think Karamthulu's name is from H. P. Lovecrafts Cthulhu Mythos.

Yes, I do think that little thing deserves to be compared to an evil squid faced god with dragon wings and a human body.

Anyway, sweet find. If this is the first summoning bug, well I think that some people will perish when the skill actually comes out. And we get swamped by them. Ah well.

It almost certainly is from HP Lovecraft.

IA IA KARAMTHULHU FHTAGN!!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Killing pirate zombies right now, no luck on the kara drop yet after 30 mins. :(

I'm fairly certain this isn't a bug. There's way to much coding to make this an accident, and if it were a bug chances are you'd be able to do more than just watch it move around. it would do what normal summoning monsters do.

last thing, how on EARTH do you guys come up with this??? did it suddenly come to you "hmm lets die with a karamthulu and see what happens"? jeez wonder what else can be summoned like this... i'll have to try vulture eggs.

anyone with multiple karamthulu's? try bringing a bunch of em in your inventory. when you die, you might summon a karamthulu army?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

It almost certainly is from HP Lovecraft.

IA IA KARAMTHULHU FHTAGN!!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! :thumbsup:

Karamthulhus pwn=)

But ill wait till summoning...dont want to take risk ::'

How is it possible to find things like this :ohnoes:

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

I'm going to try it out because it doesn't give an unfair advantage so I shouldn't be banned, right?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

It's not really bug abuse... because you don't get any advantage from doing this...

I would say it's a bit like chairs glitch in house. It's funny... but you don't "abuse" of the bug it self.

I still don't know if it's a glitch or not.

what happens if you die with it in f2p?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

It's not really bug abuse... because you don't get any advantage from doing this...

I would say it's a bit like chairs glitch in house. It's funny... but you don't "abuse" of the bug it self.

I still don't know if it's a glitch or not.

Bug abuse doesn't have to give you an advantage. As long as you use a bug over and over again, it can be considered bug abuse.

But I don't think it's a bug anyways.

icecube7.jpeg

About the orange dots.... This doesn't entirely dismiss the fact that orange dots might be real.

The orange dots were all above supposedly "wild" summoning monsters.

What if you have to make a contract with a monster first before you can summon it, and all these wild summoning monsters appear as orange. Yet yellow ones are the tamed ones.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose. There are only a couple days until summoning is released.