U.S bankrupt in T minus....

malo2

If you're thinking about Iraq, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what the baby boomers will be bringing in soon.

I read about this elsewhere earlier, but then this video on youtube caught my attention.

Ron Paul for president please.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) This has been known for... a very long time.

B) Social Securities going kaput >_>.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

And when Bush brought this up years ago, everyone laughed like it wasn't their problem.

I've already invested in my future and am estimating about 2.3 million dollars will be saved up for my retirement (and I haven't even started factoring in money I will add to the CD's).

I've known for years that Social Security won't be paying me a red cent.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I've known this for quite a while too. If something isn't done. It'll get to the point where the ratio is 1:1. So one person will single handedly be paying entirely for another person's Social Security. Not good, not good at all.

I already have a plan.

Get a good business going, then take 50% of my profit and convert it into European Dollars stashed away in a Euro bank.

That way if America ever did hit the big one, I won't be broke.

Its called the EURO. Not european dollar :roll:

So what's Paul's plan to halt this?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

So what's Paul's plan to halt this?

Same as Bush, privatize it. Which in my opinion would stop abuse, streamline the system and actually make it useful.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

It really really really really really really will not happen. No way.

And if it does, shame.

Uh...It's GOING to happen, every competent analyst in the U.S. can confirm that.

Untitled.png

And if it does, shame.

Uh...It's GOING to happen, every competent analyst in the U.S. can confirm that.

Fair enough, sorry. My understanding isn't really good enoough.

I just can't understand how it can happen in the most powerful and richest country in the world. :?

iteme3721.jpg

And if it does, shame.

I just can't understand how it can happen in the most powerful and richest country in the world. :?

Um... You are aware we're talking about the US, right? It's probably not the most powerful and is definately not the richest country.

And if it does, shame.

Um... You are aware we're talking about the US, right? It's probably not the most powerful and is definately not the richest country.

They are the richest country.

And money is power. :wink:

iteme3721.jpg

There is little doubt that the US is the most powerful country as well. There's a reason that the President of the USA is the most powerful office in the world.

p2gq.jpg

And if it does, shame.

It still has slightly more political influence & power than China and Russia, but it's total economy is now lagging behind the EU, and by PPP (purchasing power parity) it's now only the 10th richest country in the world (source: CIA world factbook).

Also, in the US, the richest 1% of the population owns 38% of all the wealth and money, so you can barely even say the country itself is "rich"; It just has a large amount of plutocrats and corporate business owners compared to other western nations.

The only thing still keeping the US a major power is it's huge annual investment in the military (The US spends more on it's army than the rest of the world's 200+ countries spend combined), which keeps it's political influence alive.

Still, with that kind of military spending, it's sad the country has millions of people working on minimum wage, it has homeless people, inadequate healthcare for citizens... :?

And if it does, shame.

Does that factor in the $9+ trillion in debt?

And if it does, shame.

#

Trillion? :lol: haha

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Not sure which part you find funny.. :? The US national debt IS around $9 trillion dollars.

Or maybe you didn't know trillion is a real number as well... 9 trillion dollars= 9000 billion dollars.

If that's still hard to grasp, americans owe over 9000000000 million dollars to other countries. Each citizen of the US is about $30,000 in debt to other nations. That's almost the amount the american economy is worth annually.

[hide]

And if it does, shame.

[/hide]

By richness people generally mean turnover ie. GDP. Because if you were factoring in that dabt, the US would be the poorest country in the world. It isn't.

It still has slightly more political influence & power than China and Russia, but it's total economy is now lagging behind the EU, and by PPP (purchasing power parity) it's now only the 10th richest country in the world (source: CIA world factbook).
But with that being per capita, it isn't really all that reliable since countries like Bermuda, Equatorial Guinea and the UAE will probably have such a high Gini Index compared to some of the more developed countries.

Edit: Looking on wiki, this might put a different swing on the subject.

iteme3721.jpg

Not sure which part you find funny.. :? The US national debt IS around $9 trillion dollars.

Or maybe you didn't know trillion is a real number as well... 9 trillion dollars= 9000 billion dollars.

If that's still hard to grasp, americans owe over 9000000000 million dollars to other countries. Each citizen of the US is about $30,000 in debt to other nations. That's almost the amount the american economy is worth annually.

Although I agree with you, your statement isn't entirely correct. According to gov't site(dl the links), we owe about 4-5 trillion dollars to our own treasury.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!