Is the 3k diference trade limit a good thing?

sycosis5

Well there are two sides to this arguement.

1- The merchanters side. They complain that they can't sell something for higher the normal price THUS they have no way of making money.

2-My side. I think it's a good idea this way nobody gets scammed for like 50k I've wanted this to happen for a while.

NO FLAMING

Discuss

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

It's a bad thing; nothing to discuss here. If you get scammed, you're a moron.

Yep. Thats all there is to it.

/Thread owned

This has been discussed to death and we all agree that 3k is way too low. It is not a good thing, unless you live off woodcutting and do that 24/7.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The only downside I have seen is not being able to give items or cash to friends, which isn't that terrible.

Which Jagex are going to rectify with their loan system to be released this year.

To those who say there is nothing to discuss you are clearly narrowminded and cannot see both sides of the argument. On the one hand you might say it's bad. A part of RuneScape that has been around for so long suddenly changed drastically. This will obviously upset long time players. Merchants who used to earn money by buying low and selling high will be annoyed as this limits their abiltities to do so. However, the limit prevents RWT from operating to the point that the legions of bots that plagued RuneScape for years are now gone. This change alone affects a lot of players. People who gather resources are now able to make more money out of it as there are less in circulation. There is also a great substitute, the Grand Exchange. You can buy pretty much whatever you want on there.

Exactly. If there wasn't anything to discuss, it wouldn't be in the General Discussion Section.

But back on topic, the loan system will be a great asset. Besides, most trades are done through the GE now anyway. There really is almost no need to trade with players, except for when buying from friends or giving friends items, which will be addressed when loans come.

epicfailsig.jpg

mr_rogers108.png

"If you get scammed, you're a moron."

In the context, I assume you mean trade scams, because (before the updates) there were some pretty elaborate scams that anybody who's a bit new to the game could fall for. I remember one, in Brimhaven:

Scammer: Hey, could you help me kill a tribesman?

Me: Sure.

*attacks tribesman, kills it easily, but gets poisoned*

*poison hits 11*

Me: Aak! *runs for dock, to ardy bank*

Scammer: I have anti *trades, shows anti, doesn't accept, wasting more time*

Me dies to a jungle spider, Scammer gets stuff

If you don't know that tribesmen poison hard, that's easy to fall for.

-----

Just like that, there are trade scams that can be easily fallen for. I bought an adamant axe for 20K once. I was in a hurry. Does that make me a moron? No. I'd say that's pretty harsh, to call everyone scammed a moron. Maybe you didn't lose anything of value, but I'm sure that when you were a newbie, you got scammed once or twice.

Remember: we haven't all read the scamming guide, and scammers were constantly evolving more and more complex scams.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

How is there nothing to discuss? The fact that rwt is enough by itself to make this a good update. You think you may disagree because you merchant? The only downside I have seen is not being able to give items or cash to friends, which isn't that terrible.

1. GE is much better for merching (personally, I've made 50M+ in a week on several occasions, with little time/effort)

2. There are better ways to prevent unbalanced trades

3. 3k limit takes the 'MM' out of 'MMORPG'

To those who say there is nothing to discuss you are clearly narrowminded and cannot see both sides of the argument.

Same argument as above, plus:

4. Gathering resources more profitable? Try again

5. Whatever happened to Jagex's 'uber' bot-detection system (which supposedly banned 8k bots/week)

But back on topic, the loan system will be a great asset. Besides, most trades are done through the GE now anyway. There really is almost no need to trade with players, except for when buying from friends or giving friends items, which will be addressed when loans come.

You'll be lucky if you see that this year. Same goes for the single PK area.

In the context, I assume you mean trade scams, because (before the updates) there were some pretty elaborate scams that anybody who's a bit new to the game could fall for. I remember one, in Brimhaven:

There are scammers in every game and you don't have the devs holding your hand like in RS. If you're not familiar with a area, be prepared. Lesson learned.

I bought an adamant axe for 20K once. I was in a hurry. Does that make me a moron? No. I'd say that's pretty harsh, to call everyone scammed a moron. Maybe you didn't lose anything of value, but I'm sure that when you were a newbie, you got scammed once or twice.

Offering over market value does not mean you got scammed. Yes, I got scammed once in RSC; I learned my lesson. This was before the update where you get a warning when the trade changes (hence the 'moron' remark).

"3. 3k limit takes the 'MM' out of 'MMORPG' "

Since when did trading make up the whole multiplayer aspect of the game? :-k

Since it took the community, friend, and interaction aspects out of the game. Want to go to GWD with a friend? Tough luck. Want to go to KQ? Kill 1k+ of them and hope lootshare gives you an equal number of chains. I guess you can still talk to your friends, if you don't take the ridiculous censor into account.

[hide]

How is there nothing to discuss? The fact that rwt is enough by itself to make this a good update. You think you may disagree because you merchant? The only downside I have seen is not being able to give items or cash to friends, which isn't that terrible.

1. GE is much better for merching (personally, I've made 50M+ in a week on several occasions, with little time/effort)

To those who say there is nothing to discuss you are clearly narrowminded and cannot see both sides of the argument.

5. Whatever happened to Jagex's 'uber' bot-detection system (which supposedly banned 8k bots/week)

There are scammers in every game and you don't have the devs holding your hand like in RS. If you're not familiar with a area, be prepared. Lesson learned.

I bought an adamant axe for 20K once. I was in a hurry. Does that make me a moron? No. I'd say that's pretty harsh, to call everyone scammed a moron. Maybe you didn't lose anything of value, but I'm sure that when you were a newbie, you got scammed once or twice.

Offering over market value does not mean you got scammed. Yes, I got scammed once in RSC; I learned my lesson. This was before the update where you get a warning when the trade changes (hence the 'moron' remark).
[/hide]

1- Yes, I agree, I have done it too

2- How?

3- I dissagree... as far as I know there are still a Massive amount of players on a Multiplayer game, the fact that people don't trade that much between them has nothing to do with the 30k limit, but with the introduction of the GE

4- Yes it is, prices in resources like Pure Essence and some herbs has rose incredibly, whereas finished products such as potions have dropped

5- It is there, and it will still work. You seem to ignore the fact of how many autoers where really into the game, there were not only the 6 you saw at the same yew in Varrock, but thousands, maube even millions of them

I'm not a fan of lending, nor PK so I don't have an opinion here

They don't hold your hand on other games, that's right. But if you could eliminate 2 problems (RWT + Scammers) with 1 update, then why not? Why would you like scammers in the game anyways, they just give Mods more trouble and prevent them from developing the game in new ways and forms

And yes, people normally learn their lesson after their first scam, but you once again seem to ignore the fact of how many new players enter the game each week, especially from Miniclip where (I have heard) you can't see the main page, thus making it impossible to them to read the anti-scam guides and the such

MY BEST ITEM IS A BRONSE COIN! I KILLED ZEZIMA AND HE DROPED IT!

[hide]

[/hide]

1- Yes, I agree, I have done it too

2- How?

Player 1 puts up a phat; Player 2 puts up a bucket. Red flag, perhaps? They already have a rough database of market prices.

3- I dissagree... as far as I know there are still a Massive amount of players on a Multiplayer game, the fact that people don't trade that much between them has nothing to do with the 30k limit, but with the introduction of the GE

Refer to my above post. If you can't interact with other players, what makes RS different from a single player game?

4- Yes it is, prices in resources like Pure Essence and some herbs has rose incredibly, whereas finished products such as potions have dropped

Herbs dropped, ores dropped, logs dropped. Ok, I'll give you this one: no/little net change.

5- It is there, and it will still work. You seem to ignore the fact of how many autoers where really into the game, there were not only the 6 you saw at the same yew in Varrock, but thousands, maube even millions of them

I'm well aware [of the thousands], I'm a member of many such forum communities (not saying I use(d) bots). Banning mules/mains was actually pretty effective. A bot typically lasts a week before it is banned.

I'm not a fan of lending, nor PK so I don't have an opinion here

They don't hold your hand on other games, that's right. But if you could eliminate 2 problems (RWT + Scammers) with 1 update, then why not? Why would you like scammers in the game anyways, they just give Mods more trouble and prevent them from developing the game in new ways and forms

Clearly CS staff won't work on game content. Do you get my point? Certain staff has certain tasks; banning bots/scammers takes nothing away from the game.

And yes, people normally learn their lesson after their first scam, but you once again seem to ignore the fact of how many new players enter the game each week, especially from Miniclip where (I have heard) you can't see the main page, thus making it impossible to them to read the anti-scam guides and the such

Anti-scam guides? Never seen them.

Read: "Yes, I got scammed once in RSC; I learned my lesson. This was before the update where you get a warning when the trade changes (hence the 'moron' remark)."

Skilling should be the best way to make money. That's why Jagex did that ;)
And failed.

1. Definitely. I love being able to sell things, and not have players offer me items instead of the cash I want.

2. Maybe there are better ways to prevent unbalanced trades. This is the way Jagex choose. It 's not really affecting me since I use the GE for most of my trades, and plus or minus 5 percent on most items is well with-in my profit margin.

3. How does not being able to trade more than 3k make this no longer a MMORPG? Massively multi-player means just that. You have a MASSIVE amount of players in the game. Just because you can no longer "gift" to your buddies more than 3K to 30K doesn't suddenly remove all the other players on-line.

4. Gathering resources more profitable? Yes, selling my raw sharks over 900 gold again is MUCH nicer than the price I got during the bot infestation.

5. Jagex's uber bot dection system was as you say, removing 8K bots a week. And that number kept increasing. While the bots were getting removed their ill gotten wares had already been transfered to a "main" by then. And as such their removal wasn't really helping to stop the RWT problem. Plus the detection software didn't stop gold farmers from using stolen cards to play members accounts.

And finally: I think that ANY attempt to make runescape LESS of a scammers game is fine. You're right, many other MMORPG seem to not really care what goes on in their games as long as the cash keeps rolling in. They don't seem to care about scamming, griefing, cheating, and blatant rule breaking as long as they get paid.

I'm VERY glad Jagex seems to take the opposite approach.

I'm here to play a game, a game that is only fun if EVERYONE plays by the same rules. Before this crackdown on RWT and drop traders cheaters openly admitted to buying gold, and making pures every other week with gold from mains, this "open cheating" did nothing for the rest of runescape that felt betrayed by Jagex. Players that follow the rules are supposed to be rewarded, NOT the rule breakers.

This update WAS overly harsh. At first I myself chaffed at the heavy handedness it introduced.

But, after seeing the reduction in scams, the REMOVAL of drop trading, and the reduction in bots I feel the loss of some aspects of the game were WELL worth it.

The wild was broken WAY before this update. Most "pkers" wouldn't step more than 4 steps into the wild, and this led to nothing but a constant "safe dueling" party on the edge.

OTHER "pkers" did nothing but harass players in the wild that didn't want to PK. Now DON'T get me wrong, the wild was about PKING. That's why it was there, as such skill zones should NEVER have been placed in the wild. These zones did NOT help "real" pkers, those there to fight a DANGEROUS opponent. No, they brought in PKers only willing to fight when ALL the odds were in their favor.

These "griefers" should NOT be in ANY MMORPG, much less FED by a poorly designed leveling system.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

"3. 3k limit takes the 'MM' out of 'MMORPG' "

Since when did trading make up the whole multiplayer aspect of the game? :-k

Since it took the community, friend, and interaction aspects out of the game. Want to go to GWD with a friend? Tough luck. Want to go to KQ? Kill 1k+ of them and hope lootshare gives you an equal number of chains. I guess you can still talk to your friends, if you don't take the ridiculous censor into account.

There are still friends, there is still community, and Jagex IS looking into "fixing" lootshare right now.

A friend SHOULD be willing to go to ANY of those places and help kill the monsters. If you get the drop, they should be happy they helped. They shouldn't be your friends JUST because you can go get fat lootz together.

"3- I dissagree... as far as I know there are still a Massive amount of players on a Multiplayer game, the fact that people don't trade that much between them has nothing to do with the 30k limit, but with the introduction of the GE

Refer to my above post. If you can't interact with other players, what makes RS different from a single player game?"

When did Jagex remove ALL interaction?

I CAN trade items to my friends. I just can't GIVE them free items, or give their pures free items.....

I CAN go out and fight high level mobs with my friends, I just might not get a large payday out of it for awhile.

Plenty enough interaction to keep this from being anything even CLOSE to a single player game.

2- How?

Player 1 puts up a phat; Player 2 puts up a bucket. Red flag, perhaps? They already have a rough database of market prices.

That would not remove RWT at all, it would simply remove scamming since (If I understand the idea correctly) you are just warning them about an unfair trade being about to happen, but they would still be able to go on with it, thus making RWT exist as it was

MY BEST ITEM IS A BRONSE COIN! I KILLED ZEZIMA AND HE DROPED IT!

2- How?

That would not remove RWT at all, it would simply remove scamming since (If I understand the idea correctly) you are just warning them about an unfair trade being about to happen, but they would still be able to go on with it, thus making RWT exist as it was

The red flag being sent to Jagex, not the other player.

remington, I guess you and I have different ideas about what a MMORPG is.