Summoning yes, but not like this.

Behind_you0

No. I got 99 Crafting, and tanned 2/3th of the hides by myself.

I'm just trying to point out the skill has to be hard and long and cheap OR expensive and fast. Not a combination, because it will be death for this skill.

No it will not be a dead skill. Lots of people don't share your way of thining, that is has to be either easy in one way or the other.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically we've got

A slow skill to train, compareable to runecrafting or less.

An expensive skill, wich dwarfs construction.

A tedious and long skill, simular to fletching before the X Fletch option.

A few ability's to help your gameplay minutely. Like Hunter.

Where are the good points again? :lol:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Have a quick peek at some of the higher level pouches...

There are some that give much better exp/shard than granite crabs.

And much more expensive too :P

OT: Let's wait for February and see what new monsters will be released into the game.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

So basically we've got

A slow skill to train, compareable to runecrafting or less.

An expensive skill, wich dwarfs construction.

A tedious and long skill, simular to fletching before the X Fletch option.

A few ability's to help your gameplay minutely. Like Hunter.

Where are the good points again? :lol:

That pretty well sums it up. It has some advantages, like a Dragon as pet but of course 99 required.

Yes, we can wait until February. We can wait another month. BUT WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHs :ohnoes: ? I'm getting tired of the waiting, and many other people are.

They could just adjust the prices of Spirit Shards, and make bigger Charm drops. No waiting for us, and they made a skill which will actually be used.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

i agree with behind.

they did say it wont e as exspensive as con -.-

btw. interesting teori:

jagex will first release the good training pouchs next month, so meny ppl blow lots of cash in the first mounth :wink: jagex is open about they wont cash out of the game :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Hell no.

210m for 99 using a level 16 summoning creature?

Just getting the charms is hard.

Wow, not worth it at all. :\

I'm happy with my baby gecko.

Bonus_Track.png

I havent tried it yet (f2p atm), but from what I'm reading it seems just what I wanted.

I like skills which you can train while doing others. Okay you can't powertrain it, but while doing slayer, you will now be training a fourth skill (slayer, hitpoints, att/def/str, summoning). In fact, skills that can be powertrained arent fun skills IMO.

Maybe they should reduce the amount of shards you need, or make the charm drops more common, I dont know if it is THAT slow. But as long as it gets more than 10k an hour, I'd say it's fine. Remember runecrafting before runners/abyss, guys? Or prayer withouth altar and lots of money to buy dragon bones.

and btw, The tortoise thing only requires one shars for 50 xp (and a tortoise shell and charm thingy). Getting the tortoise shells might be hard though :-)

I can also imagine people will be willing to pay quite a bit of money for the higher lvl scrolls. That way, your investments will be (partly) returned.

Gah, it could have been so much better

I think it really needs a couple of things:

- Perks that would make it worth it to level it up, high level familiars are just a disappointment, the february ones better be good. High level familiars are good for combat, but for skills, pfff... This turned out like construction, kinda useful, but mostly useless: most of the familiars are trash

- A real way to level it up, crafting pouches is just a complete turn-off and it doesn't make any sense. It is like the equivalent of getting firemaking exp for drawing fires or getting herby exp for praying the statue of herby buddah. A real summoner should get exp from handling beasts and summoning them, not making voddoo doll pouches at an altar.

But you know how Jagex is, they wont change it, better forget it.. go farm instead

2480+ total

No. I got 99 Crafting, and tanned 2/3th of the hides by myself.

I'm just trying to point out the skill has to be hard and long and cheap OR expensive and fast. Not a combination, because it will be death for this skill.

ahaha this actualy made me recover my account just to reply.

you are complaing that their is no one to do the hard work so some one who has enough money can buy their way to another easy cape, just like crafting - wow, you tanned the hides but did you source them yourself, no.

zomg you have to put in work. lol at you :XD: (Y)

adicolorz.png

Get the fuck off your period and stop whining and be thankful for the "entertainment" you'll get off this.

OH NOEZ SKILL COTS TOO MUHHC BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I wouldn't whine if the expensive stuff was fast xp.

Unfortunally it would probably take 2 months of 24/7 nolifing to get 99 summoning, not to mention the getting of the money. And no way of really getting it back, or get anything reaaaally usefull.

I fail to see your point.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I'm glad Jagex added a very difficult skill to the game, which makes all the morons who can't take the time to train it, angry.

RuneScape deserves another skill on the same difficulty level as Slayer (well slayer isn't hard, just long, which is the same as summoning). It's a good skill implemented, stop complaining seriously, just wait a few weeks for the best possible way to train it is found, and then you can complain.

Difficult? Ok to me. Long? Ok to me. Expensive? Ok to me. I only hoped for something with less grinding (like farming, slayer and PP), too bad they didn't do that. :(

EXACTLY.

I just love farming and slayer :-)

Is it that much grinding though? I thought you could now just go out slaying, and get summoning stuff along the way, combined with slayer xp, and combat xp (+ other drops). (and even farming xp if you are growing things in the mean time). You just gotta love multitasking :D

BY THE WAY:

If they would make the pouches tradeable, it will just be another herblore skill: the ingredients are monster drops (so not that common), so they would be quite expensive (500-15000 gp or so per). However, someone with LOADS money could just powerlvl it within a month.

If you like powerlvling fine. I'm against it. Ever wonder why 99 slayer gets so much respect? I'd love to see summoning receiving the same respect.

Get the fuck off your period and stop whining and be thankful for the "entertainment" you'll get off this.

You just fail. Or at least your post does. You so totally don't get the point.

Adicolorz, I DECIDED to make a loss, so I had more time. That's my right, I guess? Crafting is not an easy cape, I suggest you try it. I don't mind work. I do mind this skill. If something is expensive, you should be able to do it faster. Like Construction. It's expensive, but it's incredibly fast. Rc'ing is slow, but a big gain.

But, Adicolorz. I DON'T get why you call my 99 easy, when you only got Hunter. Now that's an easy skill, and there are much more Hunter Capes then Crafting capes. But ontopic now.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

Crafting is an easy cape.

hows about we get a non buyable and EARN some respect.

just a thought.

edit: i missed the bit where i said my 99s where harder then yours, realsise that your not gonna be able to slime your way through this skill.

anyone know what the emote is yet?

adicolorz.png

You just fail. Or at least your post does. You so totally don't get the point.

Adicolorz, I DECIDED to make a loss, so I had more time. That's my right, I guess? Crafting is not an easy cape, I suggest you try it. I don't mind work. I do mind this skill. If something is expensive, you should be able to do it faster. Like Construction. It's expensive, but it's incredibly fast. Rc'ing is slow, but a big gain.

But, Adicolorz. I DON'T get why you call my 99 easy, when you only got Hunter. Now that's an easy skill, and there are much more Hunter Capes then Crafting capes. But ontopic now.

Crafting is an easy cape ..lol.. Ok it takes some money, probably about 50m now because the prices of hides went back to normal from the gold farmer recession. Tanning yourself is still 120k xp an hour which is fast compared to a lot of other things.

Hunter is the same amount of xp per hour, but it's free. So =; to whoever thinks hunter is better.

just a thought,

Summoning IS a non buyable, wich costs 210 million gp, to get like what, 5k xp an hour. Once you get 99 summoning after 2 months of extreme nolifing 24/7 ( If you are still alive ) , you get an awesome ability to summon a monster wich hits...

Can I get a drum roll?

Is it too much to ask for a drum roll?

I could just ask a level 80 to team up with me instead of wasting my life training this extremely tedious, not rewarding skill.

reaper6zr7.png

. Umm, wait! A few old rich merchants will profit, with a cape no-one else has :D.

Yes.. Whats wrong with that?

This post is getting more and more pro-communist lol. :P

I don't see the reason why everyone should be on equal terms in this game. Especially regarding 99 skills. :)

Who the hell cares about 99s

Its a game, and this skill is just tedious. The only reason i am even planning to train it is because i want 70 for my eggs, and the combat boost. This just shows how little use summoning will be. Jagex talked about how useful the familiars will be, and how we can use them in CW, BH, ect. When in reality they are utterly useless there.

My only saving grace for this skill is the pet dalmatian that reminds me of my little sister who i see once a year.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Try getting 99 prayer without burying bones urself, or 99 smithing without mining thats easily 400 mil ur paying, nothing is new here.

Enough said. Im so sorry that this isn't fletching for you and you cannot have lvl 99 by the end of the week. Jagex has said for awhile this skill is not going to be easy and ridiculously fast to train. And that it is similar to prayer, in the way it affects its combat and its cost. I mean think if you bought all your bones to get to lvl 99 prayer? Thats pretty costly.

I know construction cost well over 100m for the cheaper ways.

Prayer, dragon bones? Before our guilded alters and such imagine that.

Stop complaining, ways of training will be surfaced, and released, remember we're getting an update just as big as this one in a month. Calm down. Please people. Im sure jagex will have some other training methods for us on the 2nd update.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Well actually, slayers benefit greatly from this. It would appear that most, if not all, common monsters you get on slayer tasks drop a fair amount of charms. I have already done some tasks and gotten a fair few charms. I actually don't have any problem with it, but it is quite annoying that this is the first skill thats forcing you to buy it.

happysigbp0.jpg

just a thought,

Summoning IS a non buyable, wich costs 210 million gp, to get like what, 5k xp an hour. Once you get 99 summoning after 2 months of extreme nolifing 24/7 ( If you are still alive ) , you get an awesome ability to summon a monster wich hits...

With the joy of having to collect our own charms I think it will take longer than 2 months.

I'll take a stab and say we need 50,000 charms minimum for level 99? 50,000 monsters to kill, and that's also assuming they drop the correct charm.

This is going to be one heck of a challenging skill to raise, I hope Jagex makes it possible to make these charms in a future quest or something because at the moment the thought of it makes me shudder.

Atleast it gives more incentive to do slayer, you can probably pick up about 70 or so charms on a good trip along with combat and slayer experience.

Dark_Jab.png

I must be in a strangely positive mood today. Good, I am sure that next month they will add some things to make it a bit easier. I don't want it to be easy. As long as I can get around 50 this year, I will be happy.

That's what really defines jagex. An idea done wrong, but always subtly giving us a false hope that they'll make it better for it to be worth it. It either never comes, or just is useless. Look at the skill you have now, because things aren't going to get much better.

Atleast it gives more incentive to do slayer, you can probably pick up about 70 or so charms on a good trip along with combat and slayer experience.

Dream on... 3 out of 4 slayertasks this evening gave no charms at all for me... 4th task 20 charms max...

h_y_j_a_c_k.png