Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

Nice job. :thumbsup: ... Now if only I'd known about what the brighter red was going to do, as when I suggested that part here. It is still hard to read. :oops:

Well, group colors are something that's changed via the ACP, not specified in the style itself. The color that is set on there for Gmods is #2df82d (pale-green), and the color for admins seems to look nice at #ffcc66 (pale-orange).

Anyway, the style is at: http://p27.us/tipit_theme/tip_theme.zip

Looks much better as a Pale Orange. Good Choice!!! :thumbsup:

(Case closed.)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Prosatin Copper

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Could you use '.png', instead of '.jpg', to show us? JPEG really hurts quality. :boohoo:

~D. V. Devnull

Even better: http://p27.us/phpBB3/

EDIT: D_V_ Devnull's suggestions below have been incorporated.

Great work !!! :D

Thanks you very much this will for sure be a first theme we will add !

As i see you added even our CSS color changing that can be further improved to add some more colors combinations and styles what if people really like can be then ported even to web site :)

It look like there is also requests for a more classic prosilver + black version for people who stay a lot in front of monitor so that they don't fatigue eyes more, suggestion is to always have one small light at back of monitor so that there is no contrast between monitor surface and surrounding ambient, something like philips backlight if you have seen HDTV with lights at back.

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

Could you use '.png', instead of '.jpg', to show us? JPEG really hurts quality. :boohoo:

~D. V. Devnull

Great work !!! :D

Thanks you very much this will for sure be a first theme we will add !

As i see you added even our CSS color changing that can be further improved to add some more colors combinations and styles what if people really like can be then ported even to web site :)

It look like there is also requests for a more classic prosilver + black version for people who stay a lot in front of monitor so that they don't fatigue eyes more, suggestion is to always have one small light at back of monitor so that there is no contrast between monitor surface and surrounding ambient, something like philips backlight if you have seen HDTV with lights at back.

Great, I love that one, it reminds me of the Chronicles one I used to use.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

@Silverion

Hmm, good point, but that isn't always an option for late night forum junkies/people who use public computers regularly, both of which I am a card-carrying member.

I know it is not possible for all but it helped me to keep my eyes free from eyeglasses, in any case we will continue to look at and add new styles as soon as possible. We cannot use too many as with every official update of phpbb we have to adjust all of them and it often in past creates problems but ...

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

~D. V. Devnull

Very nice, you definitely got my vote

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

http://www.phpbb3styles.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=940

Looks very pretty to me, especially the colours. But I doubt it would get picked because I think a lot of tif users would think it too girly.

Anyway, anything black and dark will do me. The white is boring to look at, and there is no point in getting another white skin, we already have one that is primarly white.

http://www.phpbb3styles.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=940

Looks very pretty to me, especially the colours. But I doubt it would get picked because I think a lot of tif users would think it too girly.

Anyway, anything black and dark will do me. The white is boring to look at, and there is no point in getting another white skin, we already have one that is primarly white.

Well we did have one "girly" one on the old forum. So I don't see any harm in adding one (whether it's this one or another one) on this one to please some of our female users.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Please can we find a good old style that is close to the one that made PHBB2 look old and rustic? That was my favorite, and I was on that style for oh, pretty much everyday that I was on Tip.it. Starting day 1 I chose that style, I'm dieing without it, honestly.

EDIT: Chronicles was the name. Save it try to port it to PHBB3? I would be eternally grateful.

The guys at RuneVillage have managed to port the Chronicles style to phpBB3. Maybe if we ask nicely :lol:

Also found this style that could be used instead: ThorLargeX demo

And these other were the ones I liked the most, included ThorLargeX:

•  
    [*:1rh6l2qh]
Blue Moon demo

[*:1rh6l2qh]NWO_Orange demo

[*:1rh6l2qh]GlossyBlue demo

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

I got to say, impressive job on the tip.it theme Errdoth. It has been very nicely designed, and I am glad to hear its been confirmed to be added to the forum.

Regarding subsilver2, isn't it included with phpbb3 by default, just not activated? If so, I imagine most of the compatibility issues would be handled by the people who create the phpbb forum themselves, short of any modifications needed to work with any custom tip.it mods.

As has been mentioned previously, adding color schemes to popular themes could be a good idea and would add additional choices for the users, with less hassles for the staff. If I recall correctly, that can be done directly from the admin panel without having to edit the styles themselves? I believe it worked that way in phpbb2.

Also, how about adding an index of all proposed themes on the first post of this thread? Screenshots and links to previews (if available) could be placed inside of hide tags, and it would offer a easier way for readers to glimpse over all proposed themes?

Errdoth Tip.it theme wins by a landslide! Best so far! :D

My first preference would be the subSilver2 because it is very close to what I was used too.

Others I like are:

Midnight Phoenix

http://www.phpbb3styles.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=475

Etech

http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/eTech

Dark Blue Serenity

http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/Serenity+DarkBlue

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Massive :ugh: at overriding user preference.

Current tipit theme makes me want to spend the least time viewing as possible.

If you are talking about SubSilver2, there are a few kinks still. They are being looked into and will be fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime you can still use Prosilver, if you dislike the Tipit theme. :)

We know that the smileys don't work too splendid on the Tipit theme, and these will be looked into aswell.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

We know that the smileys don't work too splendid on the Tipit theme, and these will be looked into aswell.

What about the "buttons" on posts? Can we submit changes to those?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Massive :ugh: at overriding user preference.

Current tipit theme makes me want to spend the least time viewing as possible.

If you are talking about SubSilver2, there are a few kinks still. They are being looked into and will be fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime you can still use Prosilver, if you dislike the Tipit theme. :)

At the time of my post it was just the tipit theme. I'm back to prosilver now that I actually have a choice, untill DevineBlack is installed anyways.

But of course. Suggestions are always welcome. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

But of course. Suggestions are always welcome. :)

Well, Laikrob, I don't have quite enough creative talent to do it... But may I suggest a calm 'Wood Background' on the some of the more apparent buttons on the Tip.It theme? I do think that would make it look a lot nicer. :-s

~D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

We were really looking for an angry wood background, but sure.

We were really looking for an angry wood background, but sure.

Nice humor. LOL :lol: ... If you can come up with a sample of this "angry" background, I'd love to see it. :)

~D. V. Devnull

i Think she had this in mind

Evil%20Tree1.bmp

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well, Laikrob, I don't have quite enough creative talent to do it... But may I suggest a calm 'Wood Background' on the some of the more apparent buttons on the Tip.It theme? I do think that would make it look a lot nicer. :-s

~D. V. Devnull

D_V: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Anyway, the current buttons look like crap, so I redid them very simply..

http://p27.us/tipit_theme/imageset.zip

Sample:

iconuserprofilecb4.gif

i Think she had this in mind

[hide=Image hidden by Quoting Poster...]Evil%20Tree1.bmp[/hide]

Umm... I seriously think NOT... <.< ... However, I'll let you have a nice snooze for the attempt at humor. LOL! :lol:

<*DVD hands Das a drink, and watches them drink, then fall asleep for a few hours.*>

Now, to wait for that nice "angry wood" sample image from Laikrob. As well as her (Are you female, Laikrob? I didn't know!) interpretation of "calm wood"... I may lack the ability to render my ideas, simply due to a lack of learning, but I'll be glad to get help on rendering it. :thumbsup:

Sorry, didn't know I was reading your mind by accident. :oops:

Sample:

iconuserprofilecb4.gif

It looks good. That makes at least a basic option to work with, and/or use as a starting point... :D

~D. V. Devnull

Thanks a lot Errdoth for all your hard work and efforts! =D>

I also want to thank you on behalf of the community for your great efforts!

It looks great and we will update with the buttons as soon as we can.

~Alduron

Tip.It Forum Administrator

~D. V. Devnull

Sample:

iconuserprofilecb4.gif

swordsig16zk.gif