Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

Suggestion for style images, forum-wide (would not affect emotes and such as that) and very much worth it for having tons of style options....... Do the style images all in ".PNG" format. It has the benefits of maintaining quality & providing transparency, and all at an extremely low file size. Such transparency (In this case, "255-level alpha"...) would allow a single set of images to be used as part of several style variations with insane (yes, this is just that good) ease of implementation. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theme name: CodeBlack

Screenshot: Click here

Demo Forum: Click here

PHPBB3 Styles Forum Link: Click Here

Notes: Looks alot like sub black

Looks nothing like subBlack; did you even use subBlack? Seriously :uhh:

Well.. I used the black one with yellow writing XD

idk.. i just thought it looked a touch like sub black

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

For future reference DivineBlack is subBlack's clone.

On the side, how good was the game on wednesday... oh wait :lol:

For future reference DivineBlack is subBlack's clone.

On the side, how good was the game on wednesday... oh wait :lol:

O,o That was the "xmen" theme. black and yellow.. yarp.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

The colour of the grey of the posts, and the blue need to have some texture, or lighting on them, as plain colours isn't very appealing. :cry:

The colour of the grey of the posts, and the blue need to have some texture, or lighting on them, as plain colours isn't very appealing. :cry:

Meh, that's how regular tipit looks, gray and blue...

Any better?

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1174/tiptheme4ni4.jpg

Meh, that's how regular tipit looks, gray and blue...

Any better?

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1174/tiptheme4ni4.jpg

Could you use '.png', instead of '.jpg', to show us? JPEG really hurts quality. :boohoo:

~D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Prosatin_Copper is my vote. Only, I hope that once you decide on a style the old Tip.It logo goes back up at the top of the forum. The phpBB logo is lame and totally robs the forums of it's individuality. Right now it just looks like a forum some new fansite made with only 5 bucks or so in their pocket.

I know you're working hard to restore it all. It's a huge task. I'm just concerned that we might lose too much of the old tif feel, and I don't feel it's fair to give the person who backstabbed you guys the pleasure of known he killed the old tip it forums entirely. lol.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Could you use '.png', instead of '.jpg', to show us? JPEG really hurts quality. :boohoo:
Even better: http://p27.us/phpBB3/

Looks good. About all I'd do, if I were you, would be to brighten the Admin and GMod colors, darken the gray background just a little, and rig it to be serveable in as many color themes as the main website (At least 7 colors!) so that it will have the intended Tip.It feel in a very literal sense. :thumbsup: ... (Call me crazy, but I have to say that I like the elemental background color scheme. LOL :lol: ...)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

I LOVE this one. It's not as good as subBlack, but it's pretty close. I think we need at least one black one for people like me. I watch forums way too much for it to be white... it hurts my eyes :cry:

A vote in favor of this style- it's no subBlack, but since subBlack doesn't exist for phpbb3 (as of yet) this would be a good substitute.

~D. V. Devnull

EDIT: D_V_ Devnull's suggestions below have been incorporated.

That looks fantastic! Thank you so much :D

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I say that Runetips port looks awesome!!! That should totally be the default theme. =D> =D>

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

EDIT: D_V_ Devnull's suggestions below have been incorporated.

Nice job. :thumbsup: ... Now if only I'd known about what the brighter red was going to do, as when I suggested that part here. It is still hard to read. :oops:

~D. V. Devnull

Ya, Skins are definitally needed, makes it more fun.

I'd just like to suggest something along the lines of the old Black/Orange one, which is what I used. I'd at least like to see something black (I'm not a huge fan of bright colors.. but if I have to :? _

or, one I found that I like, if there was something along the lines of the acid tech one: http://www.phpbb3styles.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=917

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Nice job. :thumbsup: ... Now if only I'd known about what the brighter red was going to do, as when I suggested that part here. It is still hard to read. :oops:

~D. V. Devnull

Well, group colors are something that's changed via the ACP, not specified in the style itself. The color that is set on there for Gmods is #2df82d (pale-green), and the color for admins seems to look nice at #ffcc66 (pale-orange).

Anyway, the style is at: http://p27.us/tipit_theme/tip_theme.zip

I will be the first to say that if Erddoth's theme gets implemented, I will most definitely be using it. It's beautiful and perfect for any browser theme.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley