Tri-Brid DK Guide

toast647

Welcome to the Tri-Briding DK guide. Tri-Briding is a unique way to DK in which 3-4 people kill all 3 kings in an orderly pattern. The advantage to this is an increase in King kill count, and no waiting for respawns.

High stats are required in order to kill the kings fast enough, and only an experienced DKer should attempt this method.

Table Of Contents

I. Requirements

II. Inventory and Equiptment

III. Strategies

IV. Videos

V. Tips

VI. Credits

I. Requirements

You should (obviously) be experienced with DKs, and we feel that these requirements are perfectly good if you know what you are doing.

85+ Attack

85+ Strength

80+ Defence

70+ Prayer

85+ Range

80+ Magic

68+ Summoning - CANNOT be done without at least 68.

II. Inventory and Equipment

[hide=Gear and Inventory - Veracs, SGS, Bunyip]sgsbunyipveracrg8.png[/hide]

[hide=Gear and Inventory - Veracs, Whip, Bunyip]screenshot365gl0.png[/hide]

[hide=Gear and Inventory - Veracs, Sgs, Unicorn]sgsunicorninv-1.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Gear and Inventory - Veracs, Whip, Unicorn]screenshot366nh7.png[/hide]

We suggest that you use guthans if your defence level is under 90. Toast uses it with 93 defence, but only uses it maybe twice a trip. If you are lacking in range, we suggest using snakeskin boots or Ranger boots. If you are lacking in melee, we suggest wearing dragon boots. Bring 1k casts, 2k bolt racks if you use them, or 1k Diamond e bolts/Adamant.

From Best-Worst

GS/Whip, DFS/Whip, Obby Shield/defender

Ranger boots/Dragon boots/Snakeskin boots

Amulet of Fury/Amulet of Glory

Archers Ring/Berserker Ring/Warrior Ring/Ring of Life - Ring of Wealth DOESNT effect CS shared items

Barrows Gloves/Dragon Gloves/Rune Gloves - In some of the pics, we don't have barrows gloves lol

Veracs helmet/Guthans Helmet/Torags helmet

Armadyl Chesplate/Karils top/Verac's Brassard

Veracs skirt/Armadyl Plateskirt/Guthans skirt

III. Strategies/What to Do

Alright, so tri-briding is when all members of the team kill all of the kings. This means that you have to kill the kings fast (hence the high stat and gear requirements) and you also need to kill them in the right order.

When entering the lair to start a tribrid trip 1 player should lure rex to a safespot on the east side of the lair, as if he is solo maging, and simply keep rex there (do not attack rex!). The rest of the team waits a few seconds, then goes down and kills supreme as fast as possible with mage prayer on. The order that you kill the kings in is very important for tribriding, and if you kill them in the wrong order you will have a lot of trouble... Once supreme is dead, switch to void mace/god staff and run over to rex and safespot him in the north spot (easier to use with lots of players) and kill him quickly. Once rex dies, switch to your ranged weapon and kill prime. To save prayer have one player get prime attacking him so that the rest of the team can stand away from that player and turn prayer off. When prime dies switch to your melee weapon and attack supreme. Only use piety for specs, or if you think that rex is going to spawn on you, since supreme dies very fast with 3 or 4 meleers. After sup dies run east again to mage rex, and just continue this pattern for the rest of the trip.

This is how you should kill Rex.

8c457d82.png

This is how you should kill Prime.

091b431f.png

Notes:

Save prayer whenever you can: while fighting rex, while ranging prime, etc. since with 3-4 players in the same area your familiar should heal you more than the damage you take from spinolyps anyway. If you are killing rex too fast (before prime spawns), causing rex to spawn while you are fighting supreme slow down a bit killing rex.

When rex does spawn on you while fighting supreme just turn piety on, he shouldn't hurt you too much.

Since super restore potions restore summoning points now, you don't need to go up the ladder.

Crashers and lurers aren't a problem, since only 1 king is alive at a time, and there is no way they can steal kills.

IV. Videos

pSgeXacID1U

Here'es the links for them, in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgeXacID1U

We suggest watching this incase you didn't read anything, haha.

V. Tips

Tri-Briding can't be done without 68+ summoning, most of the time there is barely any time to heal, and you have to kill all the kings extremely fast.

You are constantly moving, so it's actually more exciting than hybriding or maging.

We suggest using Void mace, as you can auto cast claws of guthix with it.

Since super restore potions restore summoning points now, you don't need to go up the ladder.

VI. Credits:

Toast647, End__User, Sxq_Power, Screechingmu, and Campy/Skillz_ftw for a combined effort of writing the guide, being in the video and developing inventories.

Good luck Tri-Bridding, and don't steal our worlds! :P

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide, must there be 4 people or is it possible with 3 on a slow spawn rate world? Also the invent links, 2 are the same, i believe ones meant to be SGS, veracs, bunyip.

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

Nice guide babe, if I ever play kata again I'll use.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

Very nice guide, it really useful and informative. I just have to say that its actually pretty easy to tribrid with lower stats, as long as you know what you're doing. In a 4 man team of people who didn't fufill your requirements, or use guthans, we lasted for a good while, though likely not as long you guys lasted.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Very nice guide, it really useful and informative. I just have to say that its actually pretty easy to tribrid with lower stats, as long as you know what you're doing. In a 4 man team of people who didn't fufill your requirements, or use guthans, we lasted for a good while, though likely not as long you guys lasted.

The problem is with lower stats would simply be finding a world that you can keep up with, during prime hours I dont think you would be able to.

Well i tried it firstly with friends, we did ok, rex kept spawning, this wasnt too bad, cause they were pretty low stats, but when i go with 125+ people, all using CoG, rex ALWAYS spawns on us when killing supreme. You mention killing him slower, so maybe only 1/2 people use CoG and the others use Slayer dart? :? Other than this i'd recommend it to anyone, a lot more fast paced than hybrid :D

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

Well, End, Campy, Sxq, and myself usually stay as long as an hour after our familiars are gone. We all have SGS and know what we're doing, and we don't get hit as much because theres four of us close together.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Very, very nice guide. Really.

I tried tribridding a few times, got a couple of drops, but I still can't seem to find an appropriate team.. But I'm Tribridding with my clan every weekend now, usually with 15-20 Man team ;) It's really fun, but the shares are low.

Anyway, thanks for the guide!

By the way: Zamorak Godsword special can be used to freeze the rex, if it spawns too early.

~Cryingg

your first picture has unicorns but you say it got bunyips

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I believe the unicorn's Cure is only like a normal antipoison, meaning it doesn't give any immunity. Also, it costs summoning points. Meaning you can't use it at 0, and you need your precious potion doses for summoning each unicorn.

By the way, I'm 70 summoning now, so I can use a bunyip and do this method. Any other newbs wanna do it with me? :P

If you have a unicorn, can't you not bring super antipoisons, because the unicorn can cure poison?

Otherwise, really great guide.

Not really. Cure costs 2 points for each use, doesn't grant immunity, and interrupts combat. You have to use it far too frequently for it to be useful. So yes, you still need antis even if you can use Unicorns.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png