Tip.It Times Presents: The Colours We Worship

Rcty

This is an interesting read. I like the whole concept of it, and it engaged me for 5 or so minutes. Kudos to the guy who wrote it. :D

Of course i don't watch...or play football. Rugby FTW!!!

lampost_sig_stark.png

I have another comment. (I posted one earlier) The euro soccer cup has some similarities to RS clans, but I'm sure that there is a better metaphor for rs, and besides, we Americans find it hard to relate to it (I'm sure you figured out I was American when i said: "Soccer"). Clans are less organized than euro soccer teams, so it's easier to come and go without fuss. And, in general, clans can war, but they cannot have organized matches, so there is no "winnner" clans and "loser" clans. Just my humble opinion.

ps: Stormage, I have no objections to you calling it football. :D Gratz on the good article.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

Thanks for all your positive comments (both on the article and the Did You Know...)

I know that it doesnt work in the clanworld the way it does between football clubs, but the similarities there are, combined with the current European Championship happening, is what prompted me to write an article about it...

For those that wonder, I'm dutch, and yes I chose to write it in british english rather then american english, largely because of the Football vs Soccer debate :)

If you guys have a suggestion what you'd like to see me write an article about, feel free to pm me, and I'll explore it :)

Its not only with soccer, its with any major sport :roll: There have been riots over hockey in Canada, Football and Basketball in America, Baseball in America and Japan ect. Its nothing special to soccer.

And for the record, its not debate, soccer = soccer :roll:

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I think I missed the point of the article, but I have never felt loyalty to any clans. Your comparison seemed to be "fans" of football rather than players since you pointed out that players trade and come and go and do not show the same loyalty as the fans do. Are there clan "fans" who are not in a clan, but follow them and root for them religiously? Or are you comparing fans of football to the actual clan members? In the latter case I think I would disagree with you. It's not about rooting for your clan, it's about brotherhood I'd imagine. A bond you share when you take on tasks together and build trust for one another. But then again, I've never felt that with any clan and thus don't share any loyalty.

rssig2.png

An okay read, nothing really surprising or outstanding for me. Also I don't think relating sports and clans was a good idea since both are completely different things, with different activities and different intentions, besides that however you did a nice try =D>

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Hmm, so true. I was in a clan for 2.5 years. Worked my way up the ranks, right below leader position. It stinks when at one point in time, you are cheering all for the same team, and then over time more and more people start giving up on the sport. At the same time, more and more new people are starting to cheer. Eventually, no one you know are at the games when you cheer, and you just feel out of place. :(

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Football? Is it this thing when bunch of peoples does fight over one ball and will run back and forth over big green field. I always think they should give everyone their very own ball so they don't have to fight over it anymore...

aure22.png

Football? Is it this thing when bunch of peoples does fight over one ball and will run back and forth over big green field. I always think they should give everyone their very own ball so they don't have to fight over it anymore...

^ Lolled Irl ^

On Topic: Very nicely done and an interesting topic although the Did You Know was the most interesting ( i always sold to g store then bought back :-# ) 9.9 and a half/10 =D>

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Pretty boring tbh.

I couldn't make out any real point.

i guess it's true enough about clan members wantng to support their clans, I remember at KBD when FS (fearless) was there a while ago. Everything went crazy in about 2 minutes of my friend calling a lvl 76 with a strength cape a no lifing nerd (although my friend is lvl 71 with 90 ranged lol). It was a thing of beauty seeing the different sides come together over something so pointless. But yeah, anyways...4/10 for the article.

Zerker_jane.png

It's an interesting read, I'm not a football fan and I do get *cabbaged* off by people who are so obsessed with their team, but I guess it is kinda like runescape...sort of...

^ Lolled Irl ^

On Topic: Very nicely done and an interesting topic although the Did You Know was the most interesting ( i always sold to g store then bought back :-# ) 9.9 and a half/10 =D>

^________________________________^

I like :thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Come into our chat at say that :lol:

Just thought id post an inside joke for any of my clan members who read this and the extreme power that some opts enjoy :thumbsup:

Good article, I was confused at first but after reading and then thinking on it the parallels are quite clear. They even go asfar as tournaments, ranking lists, strategies - to name a few - and the like. But the initial bond of a person to a clan or a team in football is very similar. 9/10.

Thanks for all your positive comments (both on the article and the Did You Know...)

I know that it doesnt work in the clanworld the way it does between football clubs, but the similarities there are, combined with the current European Championship happening, is what prompted me to write an article about it...

For those that wonder, I'm dutch, and yes I chose to write it in british english rather then american english, largely because of the Football vs Soccer debate :)

If you guys have a suggestion what you'd like to see me write an article about, feel free to pm me, and I'll explore it :)

Its not only with soccer, its with any major sport :roll: There have been riots over hockey in Canada, Football and Basketball in America, Baseball in America and Japan ect. Its nothing special to soccer.

To be honest, no your wrong. Look it up, soccer is far, FAR older than almost any of those sports, (basketball dates back to the Inca's, but they always wore paint anyway). Look outside of your collidascope view of world sport and you'll see very plainly that soccer has THE most fanatical fans alive. Period. Americans claim to love a team, and hey they even paint up, and have the odd brawl over disputes of who's better, but wear a manchester team shirt into France, and you will be curb stomped by the nearest mime in seconds.

Futbal, (yes that is how its spelled, with some odd dots n' such) is more of a religion than a sport, its worshipped, I myself have played soccer for over a decade, and to put it simply, European sports whoop american sports for cruelty, passion, and violence, the ability to sprint for over an hour (as any pro soccer player can) is not found in many americans regardless of sport, and then of course there's Rugby.. whole nother story there.

But yes, while most sports have devout fans, and fights over superiority, soccer reigns supreme for fanatics, city wide riots, and deaths by trampeling while trying to leave the world cup match.

great topic, great read, great point *applause*

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Football fans were one of the causes of the Yugoslavian war...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!