Monday Poll: More or Less Excited?

Rcty

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still as apathetic as I have been. :thumbdown:

I may try the full-blown experience out of curiosity - but day-in and day-out I plan to play windowed 800x600 in the upper left corner with DVICO Fusion TV or iTunes in the upper right corner and my trusty spreadsheet in the lower right.

:D

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I think JaGex is finally bringing this game to what it was expected; very excited, will have to see. Although, if we can only play the graphically updated version in full-screen mode, I will be rather upset, for those of us who constantly use messengers will have... problems? Ah well, for now, I applaud =D>

The graphics look awesome. And a solution to your messeging problems: www.xfire.com :thumbsup:

Big_Stingman.png

I don't meet the system requirements... any of them, except for maybe RAM.

I hope they don't eventually make it good-graphics only... cuz I'll probably not have a new computer for a very long time.

I hope I meet the requirements because my graphic card is a 128MB Intel Chipset Family and some people say these cards won't work. Other than that my 3Ghz speed and 1GB RAM should be sufficient.

I don't think the minimum requirements are low because a lot of people don't have very fast computers and some play Runescape because it is one of the few massive online games that don't require a really expensive high tech computer.

Also consider that these are the minimum specifications. You can probably play it with a computer that just meets the requirements but it will work a whole lot nicer if you have a computer that exceeds the expectations by a lot.

Jagex purposely made the specifications not to high so the majority of the players could play the new graphics. And considering the screenshots they have shown us I really don't think it matters if the requirements are low. It looks stunning.

I seriously cannot wait for this update to come out. =)

Well, I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I am glad they gave the poor guy with a the dragon me a non-depressed face.

Secondly, I wanted to see how they would do the water and it passed all expectations. It looks a bit like the water in a game I used to play "Age of Mythology"

However, I hate the way, in the screenshot, the people look so awkward, gangly. It's almost as if Jagex couldn't be bothered working on the people but instead focused entirely on the landscape

So basically, I'll just wait and see \'

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

However, I hate the way, in the screenshot, the people look so awkward, gangly. It's almost as if Jagex couldn't be bothered working on the people but instead focused entirely on the landscape

I don't care if they only worked on varrock. As long as the things they worked on look as great as the pictures they showed (p.s. I don't think they will) than I will be happy. I just glad they are keeping the other modes, because I have meet a few people who quit runescape because they didn't like the new graphics of runscape 2 compared to classic. I'm so excited for runescape 2.5.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I don't even know what my PC card is lol :ohnoes: . It's 4 years old and i have trouble playing arcanists on funorb, so i think im stuffed :shock: and it looks REALLY good :cry:

Atleast i can look foward to full screen :mrgreen: and maybe if i use the laptop with Wired net, it could work :pray:

I think that the graphical update will be great. As of now, the graphics are nothing special. In other MMOs I find that the environment can be so beautiful that I enjoy just walking around in it. That has never been the case for Runescape. And, as a non-hardcore F2Per, I have run out of enjoyable things to do in the game. However, I may just make a new character now so that I can experience everything again in this new world that they are creating. Thank you Jagex!

Patrick

Pathock.png

I don't even know what my PC card is lol :ohnoes: . It's 4 years old and i have trouble playing arcanists on funorb, so i think im stuffed :shock: and it looks REALLY good :cry:

Atleast i can look foward to full screen :mrgreen: and maybe if i use the laptop with Wired net, it could work :pray:

the 10-12 years old system i played on until i got my new system in january would play under these requirements, (basically, if you can play on the current 'high-quality' mode, then your system meets these minimum requirements...)

all system less than 8 years old do meet these sytem requirements

and i expect most system older than that do as well...

i do have a working 386 (about 20 years old...) and that wont run it... but most systems 10-12 years old shouldnt have any problems running on it

i suspect those who think there system doesnt meet the requirements dont actually understand the requirements...