What Skill is Actually hard now??

firestrike

Hi all, finding myself bored to no end with fishing I have been thinking what skills are hard nowdays, and which can be bought in like 10 days (i.e cooking).

I played back in mid 2002, so everything in my opinion was more difficult back then, with the game adding new updates constantly, which in general make combat/skills a whole lot easier

So here is what i think of the skills : Ratings : 10 = Very Difficult , 1= Ridiculously Easy, 5= Hard, but still pretty easy

Combat (Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints) Rating : 6

- This used to be very respected, however with the introduction of the Over Powerd Pest control a couple of years ago (This has been changed now) I had friends levelling from 100 to 124 in 2 weeks..... So many no lifers got levels via pc.

-Weapons and Armour have just kept on improving (especially with barrows, and guthans allowing for less bank trips etc.) This has made levelling combat much quicker. Sup sets are used in "power training" + prayer camping with the new piety giving massive comabt bonues.

- AFK training at Bandits - this is just sad really... and does make getting 99 a hell of a lot easier (I will probably use this at some point :P)

Range: Rating: 6.5

- Quite difficult although armour and bows have recently improved increasing max hits and accuracy.

- Red Chimopas (hunter thingy's) Training method allows 200k + exp an hour .... this is some huge exp.

Mage: Rating: 6

- Alot of players do it via alching; Still magic isnt the easiest skill out there. It has some good magic gear.

Prayer: Rating: 7.5

- Dragon Bones used to be scarce in the markets - used to be much Harder to buy prayer (it used to be easily the hardest skill)

- New Training methods via the ectofuctus (outdated now) and the Player owned house training method have made this skill quicker and easier to buy.

Runecrafting: Rating: 8

- With the introduction of the abyss this is skill is 100x easier, although still not easy to level

- Player Running made this skill so much easier (this has been changed somewhat with the recent trading changes)

Construction: Rating: 4

- Came out Pretty easy, butlers help, if you have the cash you will get the levels simple as that.

Agility: Rating: 9

- Although super energy pots have helped slightly with this skill it is still pretty hard. You have to put in the hard yards to level it up no excuses

- Even with the new courses introduced the wildy couse is still the best almost.

Herblore: Rating: 7

- With the GE and herbs being Cleaned over identified this skill can be bought so easily. If you have the money you can get the 99. Although Nothing can take away the fact that it will still take time even if you buy the skill.

- New Auto make pots and 2nd ingredients make this skill easier to not pay attention too, I dont know if this is a time advantage to the skill though? But it makes it easier lol so much less work.

Thieving: Rating 7

- The Plunder Pyramid update had made this skill quite a bit faster to level. Although it is still a bit of clicking :P and I would say is no "gimme" skill.

Crafting: Rating 5

- If you collect all the raw materials yourself this skill is a 10. But players can just buy dragon hides etc. so easily and almost break even (well they lose a bit of money but not loads)

Fletching: Rating 4

- So many people just "power flecthed" before the austo string updates etc. You actually used to make like 80k profit by buying yews and bowstring and making the bows and alching them... I mean that is an easy skill.

Slayer: Rating 8 This Rating is probably closer to 10

- Slayer is a slow skill to train that is the fact plain and simple. The Burthoping of slayer assignments made it more bearable.

- New equipment such as cannons, black masks, slayer gloves better combat equip has made this skill about 50 times more effiecient to train.

- Smoking Kills quest will make this skill easier to train.

Hunter: Rating: 5

- I dont really know i havent really done it, alot of high levels in it allready so it is probably int he middle.

Mining: Rating: 10 Peer Input : 8

- Have had Runepick axe for ages now havent really been improvents in training time. Easily the hardest skill I respect any 99 miners they have worked hard.

Smithing: Rating: 6.5

- Used to be much more difficult, however most players can just buy smithing so it isnt that hard. gold Gauntlets makes smithing fast exp as well. Overall a hard skill but easy to buy.

Fishing: Rating: 8

- Power fishing means it can be easier to get - i.e fly fishing at shilo village etc. Still hard.

Cooking: Rating 1

- Easiest skill to buy, I have heard of friend buying lobs and getting 99 in 10 days. I mean if you bought sharks it would be even quicker.

- This skill is getting harder as the Cost of buying raws and selling cooked becomes worse.

Firemaking: Rating: 6

- Can be bought , a boring skill that is all i can say :P

Woodcutting: Rating: 5.5

- With the Auto invasion before the trade updates i saw like 100 99's with the names like 091828293 etc. This skill became a joke because so many autoers got it.

- Pretty easy to Forums / IRC train, by doing other things to take away the boredom.

Farming: Rating: 5.5

- If you get all the seeds yourself like i did it is a hard skill. Although it is easily bought, and actually relatively easy to train So nothing too hard here.

Summoning: Rating?

- Lvl 1 that is all i can say about this :)

That Concludes what i have to say. And If you Have read this far you have read more than me :P

Anyway here is where i pass it over to you what are your thoughts?

AND PLEASE NO ONE WORD POSTS. If you want to Make a comment at least back it up with a sentence thanks.

Here Are some Questions: Which skill do YOU think is the Hardest and why?

Which Skill do you think Used to be the Hardest when you Started?

Which Skill do you find the easiest?

Do you skills which can be bought to actually be much easier, i mean not everyone had 100m?

pocket_0aces.png

Summoning depends on the persons CB skills, whether he can kill certain things for charms or what not. I'd say go with 8 because It cost like what 100M? Then again its extremely easy to raise if you have all the ingredients. Reason I made it 8 is the money-wise, and the second ingredient to some may not be tradable, therefore making it harder to obtain.

258uo8n.jpg

Thanks for the Feedback Crusader, yea Summoning doesnt seem that easy to me ( although getting 18 is :) ) So 8 is probably around right, although from what i hear it can be bought pretty easily, although 100M is way more than i have so it would be hard for me lol.

pocket_0aces.png

Nothing in RuneScape requires any level of skill, exceptfor Player VS Player, and some other mini-games that are PvE, or like FoG.

Skills don't require anything but time.

More or less we're measuring the boredom levels of the skills, rather than difficulty.

Summoning depends on the persons CB skills, whether he can kill certain things for charms or what not. I'd say go with 8 because It cost like what 100M? Then again its extremely easy to raise if you have all the ingredients. Reason I made it 8 is the money-wise, and the second ingredient to some may not be tradable, therefore making it harder to obtain.

more like 350m+

Extremefish.png

My blog

Maxed CMB, 99 summoning/construction

- Even with the new courses introduced the wildy couse is still the best almost.

Ehm...no. The Ape Atoll and Dorgesh-Kaan course give way more exp/hour.

And I don't think you can call skills hard, as it varies per person. Some people hate training agility, though others love the skill.

The one who likes the skill doesn't find it hard at all, though the one who hates the skill thinks it's hard.

Seems like your definition of hard hinges heavily on how boring it is

This of course can and does vary, and for me hard means slow xp gain rate

Hegel.png

Smoking Kills didn't make Slayer that much easier to train. Not in a big way, at least.

Also, the wildy course is only the best until 70, at which point Ape Atoll is best, and then Dorgesh-Kaan at 90.

I find a lot of your ratings bias and unfair.

Thieving a 7? Construction a 4? Slayer a 8?

Thieving can be more xp a hour than Construction and is cost free. There is more than one method that reaches high xp per hour if you learn how to do it correctly. Construction costs much more than thieving, which you profit off of at the fastest methods. So, how does thieving receive a 7 when it is one of the fastest skills in the game, plus you profit, when Construction costs over 100M and is slower than Thieving? I just find that ridiculous.

Staying along those lines, if Thieving is a 7, then Slayer is much more than an 8.

Prayer, you are just being bias. Prayer is just as easy as any other buyable if you have the cash so if you rate Construction a 4, then Prayer deserves a 4.

Runecrafting, I see your point. It is a bit easier, but I think it deserves a 9 if you compare it to a "7" thieving.

Agility is easier than Runecrafting/Slayer, so I don't understand why that is a 9.

Herblore I can agree with.

Crafting is a lesser of Construction/Herblore/Prayer, but still very useful.

Fletching I am fine with and Hunter too.

Smithing, goes along with the other buyables.

Fishing is fairly easy, especially now-a-days. Doesn't stack up against Slayer or Runecrafting, which are both rated 8's.

Cooking doesn't deserve a 1. That is just rude. It goes along with Fletching, both are equally easy.

Farming, in terms of ease, is easy. You don't have to do anything but a couple of runs a day, but I would take Farming over Agility any day. Farming takes much more time. (as in days not time spent)

So those are my reviews.

I find you bias against buyables and certain buyables at that. Yes, they are fast if you have the money, but I find it funny how you assume 100's of millions in cash is easy to come by. Anyone can say 99 in all buyables is easy until they find they are no where close to the cash needed. Prayer is no easier than Construction, Herblore, etc. so why does it deserve a higher rating?

Thieving is simple and you profit from it yet it is a 7. I am just confused by your rates is all I guess and I have totally different views.

By the way, don't take this as an attack. This is me just basically rating my ideas verse yours, not correcting them. Everyone has their own opinion and for all I know, you could be loaded, so these buyables would be a breeze. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Slayer is actually one of the slowest skills out there, it maxes at 22K xp/h on average and that's with using piety on every task. Mining is at least twice as fast, but you rate it way higher.

And you also underrate smithing, training it at any reasonable speed (and then it's still way slower then con, herb and pray) costs way more then construction and prayer. And no, making cannonballs isn't one of those methods.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

What is your definition of 'hard'? - Expensive? Slow experience? A lot of clicking?

Yes this is a good question to raise. I think when i think of difficulty i think of the time a skill takes, and how much attention you must pay to that skill. I percieve hard to be constantly clicking i.e. so you dont have time to look at forums etc. And The Overall time the skill takes, as in my opinion spare time is a luxury.

I find a lot of your ratings bias and unfair.

Thieving a 7? Construction a 4? Slayer a 8?

Thieving can be more xp a hour than Construction and is cost free. There is more than one method that reaches high xp per hour if you learn how to do it correctly. Construction costs much more than thieving, which you profit off of at the fastest methods. So, how does thieving receive a 7 when it is one of the fastest skills in the game, plus you profit, when Construction costs over 100M and is slower than Thieving? I just find that ridiculous.

I totally agree with you here, My opinions of the skills are biased, as these are my experiences, when i levelled thieving from 1 to 71 the exp was slower as it was back in 2004. So My experience of thieving may have been harder. I mean i personally view con as easy as i got to lvl 57 in less than a week. however getting the higher levels in con may be a lot more work.

But My ideas on prayer stand, since i am looking at the skill both BEFORE and after updates whihc made it more easy.

And cooking does deserve a 1 i have 3 friends in game that bought lobs and got it in 10 days and sold for almost breakeven I mean if you did it with sharks you could probably get that down to 7 days... For a 99 i mean that is a joke.

And about the new agil courses, I hadnt really tried them, but For those that say agility is easy because it "is fun for some people" this still makes the skill time consuming and therefore a difficult skill in my opinion.

pocket_0aces.png

To be honest I disagree with most of those ratings.

Fx. I find fletching to be a harder skill than ranged because it's simply boring (for me). Same counts for many others. And just because they are "buyables" it doesn't mean they are easy. Still involves a lot of attention, patience and determination to get any 99 skill. That's why I respect all 99 skills.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Slayer is actually one of the slowest skills out there, it maxes at 22K xp/h on average and that's with using piety on every task. Mining is at least twice as fast, but you rate it way higher.

And you also underrate smithing, training it at any reasonable speed (and then it's still way slower then con, herb and pray) costs way more then construction and prayer. And no, making cannonballs isn't one of those methods.

Slayer isn't that slow, all depends on the tasks given.

Ehm...no. The Ape Atoll and Dorgesh-Kaan course give way more exp/hour./quote]

Sorry to inform you but when you stop failing the wild course at 85 or so, it is faster than Ape Atoll w/o Revs.

Ape Atoll is only fabled because everyone mass uses it at lower levels, and are too stubborn to switch, or do not want to actually pay attention to other things besides the skill. Either way wild course at 85+. Which is more than half of the skill.

This is just how you feel about them tbh, you say crafting would be a 10 if you collected everything, but then everything would if you took the time to collect everything. You could have rated them as how "buyable" the skill is instead of how "easy" it is and I think it would make more sense.

Anyway, how farming is not a 10 is beyond me. I require instant gratification and farming takes that away. Farming can die! Die I say.

Foooman.png

In my opinion, dificulty should be based on maximum amount of xp per hour. Just because somthing is boring or expensive doesn't necessarily make it dificuly.

I would change:

mage: 6.5-7, alching is pretty slow xp, only about 55-60k xp an hour.

range: 1, red chins = 250k+ xp an hour?

prayer: 2, buying high level bones such as dragon and using on a guilded altar is very fast xp.

runecrafting: 10, crafting nature runes trough the abyss still only gets you less than 20k xp an hour, so i'm told?

Herblore: 6, It's may be dificult to buy the ingredients but once you have them it goes quickly.

theiveing: 2, pyramid plunder is 200k xp an hour and it's a minigame so most people find it enjoyable.

slayer: 9, 30k xp an hour maximum on a good task isn't that much.

mining: 9, again about 40k xp an hour maximum power mining iron or granite.

smithing: 5, smithing steel platebodies and high can be fast xp.

firemaking: 1, still very fast xp burning yew.

summoning: 7 or 2, colecting the charms is the real time consumer, after you have them it's very fast.

edit: woodcutting would be about a 7, just because autoer do it easially doesn't mean us humans do, 50k xp an hour maximum power cutting teaks or willows.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Agility is easier than Runecrafting/Slayer, so I don't understand why that is a 9.

I do.

I die of boredom after 2 laps on ANY agility course.

Hardest:

Agility

Slayer

easiest

Cooking

Fletching

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Ehm...no. The Ape Atoll and Dorgesh-Kaan course give way more exp/hour.

Sorry to inform you but when you stop failing the wild course at 85 or so, it is faster than Ape Atoll w/o Revs.

Ape Atoll is only fabled because everyone mass uses it at lower levels, and are too stubborn to switch, or do not want to actually pay attention to other things besides the skill. Either way wild course at 85+. Which is more than half of the skill.

I think I even failed an obstacle at the Wilderness course at level 99...not 100% sure though. I guess I should check the exp/hour there once...

And about the new agil courses, I hadnt really tried them, but For those that say agility is easy because it "is fun for some people" this still makes the skill time consuming and therefore a difficult skill in my opinion.

But if they had fun in the time they spend leveling the skill they like, you don't mind it's timeconsuming, do you?

Which skill do YOU think is the Hardest and why?

Thieving maybe. I hate the skill, worst skill ever. It got a lot easier with Pyramid Plunder though, which I'm glad of.

Which Skill do you think Used to be the Hardest when you Started?

I'm not sure. Maybe prayer or something.

Which Skill do you find the easiest?

Cooking I'd say. I've never made a goal to raise my cooking level before, but it's still at 87, one of my highest non combat skills.

Do you skills which can be bought to actually be much easier, i mean not everyone had 100m?

Can't say I really understand this question. :P

I like how you've rated all these skills, and I think you did a great job. Hunter however, is pretty easy. People say you can get 99 in two weeks, which I would say is rather easy. Mining is kind of hard to level, but my favourite f2p skill. :D Slayer is also kind of hard, and I've never tried using a cannon. Best skill ever though, imo. :D

Blakdragon39.png