[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Decided I'm going to learn how to create skins and models. I need to learn anyway but I'm going to chose TF2 as the game to test my builds. First up, a decent shield for the Demoknight.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make your own skins on PC? :blink:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yes. I recall somebody making a white demoman before, or saying they will...or something.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You can make your own skins on PC? :blink:

Yeah you can skin pretty much every game on the PC. http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/297 heres where most of the tf2 ones are. There are some cool ones, like one that turns the demo mans pipe launcher into a 4 slot instead of 6 (they changed it after the beta). and of course the aperture science disguise kit.

soldersig.jpg

I remember there being an announcement on the main page about a warhammer 40k skin that I thought looked epic. I haven't managed to find it since then though :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

How? :shock:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/70024

It should include a read-me saying how to install. Just note that sv_pure 1 becomes your enemy.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

What's the deal with skins? Do other people see it or only you?

That's a very good question. I'm curious on it too. My guess is only you can see it, unless the server applies skins to everybody, like the party hats, if that's even possible.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Everyone else can see it I believe, but there are some servers that don't allow re-skins. Those that don't usually just show a wireframe of the weapon, or just reverted to the old weapon.

Not 100% about that, it's just what happened to me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Everyone else can see it I believe, but there are some servers that don't allow re-skins. Those that don't usually just show a wireframe of the weapon, or just reverted to the old weapon.

You're only changing how the model displays on your computer, not anyone elses. so no one else can see it besides you. but yeah servers can change how other players look to you, but i dont think they can change the first person view of weapons.

soldersig.jpg

2cxhons.png

Check out that bad boy.

link

-Random Youtuber

You're only changing how the model displays on your computer, not anyone elses. so no one else can see it besides you. but yeah servers can change how other players look to you, but i dont think they can change the first person view of weapons.

I've seen other heavies with the sentry minigun, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

You have: but because if you had the skin installed then it changes it for everyone visible to you, not just your own model, however, nobody but you can see it. And this is true for most games.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I used to be big into custom HUDs and stuff but really I find the default one to be more than fine, apart from the scoreboard taking up most of my screen. And weapon skins, eeh. Depending on which class I play, I may or may not be using viewmodels so it's kind of pointless for me. I also think the retro vibe of the default weapons is awesome.

Been playing some Ammomod recently and I seem to have a balance between owning and getting owned, which isn't so bad.

You guys are gonna hate me for this but I'm now a FaN scout. I'm twice as good with the FaN than the regular scatter gun. There goes my many months of mocking the FaN.

siggy3s.jpg