[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

You probably know this, but you can craft two weapons used by same class together. :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is he has no crafting material now, but before he did.

Happened to me before crafting came out. I deleted the stuff I already have when they dropped.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yup, I just crafted two hats. I never knew you could do that. :razz: Now I have the Medic's surgical something; the mask that covers the mouth. Not even a proper hat neither, it goes under the misc. category. :angry:

Screw you. Those things are rare.

I know, but you know, I thought when you mix a hat with another hat you get a hat, not a misc. item. :razz:

aka The Crafting Transitive Property of Hats.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I still want one. ;-;

Played my first two games of deathmatch today and I did fine, surprisingly. Very close to 1:1 K/D as scout. I thought I was gonna get destroyed but nope, whilst most of them were somewhat/quite better, I found a few players on my level and it was fun. It's really tiring though because you spawn randomly and have to be alert and observant constantly - really good practice for awareness. I feel like I've improved my scouting a lot from an hour of playing against people who really, really know this game.

I like payloads. Awesome when you cap/advance the cart through thick enemy territory as a lone scout or Battle-charged heavy.

siggy3s.jpg

Payloads have a problem, with the payload maps heavily lending themselves to heavy-rushes on the advancing team. It can be near impossible to break a 6 heavy, 3 medic team who are advancing. You'll need pretty good soldiers and demomen or spies. Just my little beef with Payload. Definitely prefer 5cp maps.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Heavies are absolute monsters in payload maps. They're an absolute terror to play against. Still, get a good ubercharge going and they all drop like flies.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Niflheim, add me on steam: Mrshinyredplanet. But yeah, you are right in saying they are a terror. I know because it is perhaps my most favourite thing to be on an advancing payload team, with heavies and medics, and one of my least favourite things to be defending against them.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I don't agree with that - heavies can be difficult but I've seen many a time where a good sniper decimates a ton of heavies on a cart. I've also seen times where a spy completely wipes out the entire team because they're all facing to the front.

In terms of payload being boring; it can be if you're playing with a low number of people. In order for it to be a challenge you need to have a full team.(The server I always play on is 16v16 95% of the time)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Ah yes, small teams are a definately a no in playloads. -(TN)- has a good playload-only server rotation. Lots of fun custom maps.

siggy3s.jpg

[bleep]ing micro transactions? Right now the items aren't vastly superior to the default ones, but this can pave the road to unbalanced items in the future. Please Valve, if you need more money increase sales prices of this or invest in something, don't go doing micro-transactions... <_<

siggy3s.jpg

[bleep]ing micro transactions? Right now the items aren't vastly superior to the default ones, but this can pave the road to unbalanced items in the future. Please Valve, if you need more money increase sales prices of this or invest in something, don't go doing micro-transactions... <_<

Only cosmetic items are available as micro-transactions as to keep balance, but it's still pretty [bleep]ed up =/

EDIT: Weapons and stuff can be bought too, but everything that isn't cosmetic will be available for crafting and random drops (AKA all the weapons, and loads of the hats)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Payload is always boring. You roll the other team on offence and get rolled on defence. Repeat ad-nauseum.

The game is kind of screwed up right now. I went to forward TF2's ports to test trading and now it's down again. I'm going to wait a few hours, I think. And yes, micro-transactions just makes me think about bad MMOs and Activision, which will give me nightmares for a while.

Payload is always boring. You roll the other team on offence and get rolled on defence. Repeat ad-nauseum.

The game is kind of screwed up right now. I went to forward TF2's ports to test trading and now it's down again. I'm going to wait a few hours, I think. And yes, micro-transactions just makes me think about bad MMOs and Activision, which will give me nightmares for a while.

Payload is super fun. It's really easy to defend if you have a good team. And for the microtransactions thing, as long as you can't buy weapons i'm fine with it. at least it'll end all those people complaining about not getting a hat after playing for X hours

soldersig.jpg

You can buy weapons. And it's quite expensive, which is probably some kind of tactic to wean people off buying everything and screwing over the balance, I don't know. It feels out-of-place in an FPS but I'm not too bothered right now unless they start charging for new content when the game was and will be perfectly fun to play without it.