[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Anybody here have an extra Jarate they can give me? :3

I think I traded mine away a long time ago and haven't gotten it as a drop back.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I traded mine away a long time ago and haven't gotten it as a drop back.

I think I have an extra.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I think I have an extra.

NVM, it dropped for me.

Also, idling is a pretty cool guy:

zklmw5.jpg

While we're in trade mode, I have tons of stuff and am looking to trade for an officer's ushanka. I have no idea what to give in return for it though, so I guess I give what you're asking.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

You know, why do people buy keys?

It's like gambling but with the dollar taking a week to obtain. You get an item worth one scrap most of the time.

While we're in trade mode, I have tons of stuff and am looking to trade for an officer's ushanka. I have no idea what to give in return for it though, so I guess I give what you're asking.

I got one.

For what am I selling it for?

[hide]

I ain't selling it.

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Sorry Dizzle. I understand why you want it though, it's the best heavy hat in the game no doubt about it.[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's like gambling but with the dollar taking a week to obtain. You get an item worth one scrap most of the time.

I sadly succumbed into it, I desperately wanted just 1 unusual without paying $400 irl. :(

Popoto.~<3

I sadly succumbed into it, I desperately wanted just 1 unusual without paying $400 irl. :(

Hold on, what?

$400? For a virtual item?

Is this Habbo Fortress 2?

IKR? Beacause of the unbox rate and demand, people are willing to pay alot for them. I know of people actually making $1000 a week from buying like 100 keys, getting 1 or two unusuals, selling, and repeat.

Popoto.~<3

Demo, in all seriousness, Cloak and Dagger should only ever be used at the beginning of the round when you're on the RED team, waiting, in position, for the game to start. Otherwise it just promotes laziness. Whenever I use it, I find myself going "Ooh a Heav--- oh wait no too late... Ah! A Soldie-- too late...", you get the picture. Invis Watch/DR is a lot better for covering ground (including the fact that you can pick up metal and fallen weapons) and forces you to act instead of just sitting around watching all the good targets go by.

In other news, I got myself a Strange Knife :3

While yeah, at first I really tried to not use the C&D in favour of the dead ringer, the C&D is just better imo. It doesn't have the annopying "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH" sound the dead ringer has and it allows for some fake outs due to the recharge thingy in comparisson to the invis watch. Yes, at first I always went invisible with that thing, but after learning more about the game I saw myself erlying mroe on disguises, using only the invisible function as a means to check places usually filled with sentries, engies and pyros (like the stairway in 2fort).

Oh, and I finally crafted the enforcer, waaaaay better than the ambassador, now I only need an extra C&D to get YER <3:

I'm really not a fan of 2fort.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Does the DR negate the Enforcer's downside?

Yes it does, so with the DR, it's the most OP weapon for the Spy. Also, an Unusual Team Captain with Flames went for $1500. $400 Unusuals are cheap in most cases.

While yeah, at first I really tried to not use the C&D in favour of the dead ringer, the C&D is just better imo. It doesn't have the annopying "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH" sound the dead ringer has and it allows for some fake outs due to the recharge thingy in comparisson to the invis watch. Yes, at first I always went invisible with that thing, but after learning more about the game I saw myself erlying mroe on disguises, using only the invisible function as a means to check places usually filled with sentries, engies and pyros (like the stairway in 2fort).

Oh, and I finally crafted the enforcer, waaaaay better than the ambassador, now I only need an extra C&D to get YER <3:

Dead Ringer's sound can generally be unheard if you can get to a good enough place. Literally I can uncloak behind someone with the DR and they won't notice because of the extreme gunfire and explosion spam going around. Have you given the Invis Watch a go?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Invis watch is surprisingly effective. I used to spy with C&D and I was usually failspy, but the invis watch makes you haul ass and you tend to get more done. It's a good feeling when you get 10 backstabs and 4 destructions while defending on that first Goldrush map and like a third of their team goes pyro, killing their own advance.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Demo, in all seriousness, Cloak and Dagger should only ever be used at the beginning of the round when you're on the RED team, waiting, in position, for the game to start. Otherwise it just promotes laziness. Whenever I use it, I find myself going "Ooh a Heav--- oh wait no too late... Ah! A Soldie-- too late...", you get the picture. Invis Watch/DR is a lot better for covering ground (including the fact that you can pick up metal and fallen weapons) and forces you to act instead of just sitting around watching all the good targets go by.

This.

Yeah, I used Invis watch for a big while until I got Cloak & Dagger, then when I found DR I started using it (around 5 hours with each clock) and only then did I start using Cloak and Dagger.

Honestly, I don't really see the advantage of the Invis over the C&D. If i remember correctly, I could stay a little while longer invisible, but since C&D recharges when still, which many times you might want to be (like near an engy nest, or near a zone where many targets pass, I personally like to make escapes faking out others with the recharge, most assume I use DR).

That said, I might retry the DR. But hey, I'm just a newb at this, maybe i'm missing something important :P

I'll break it down for you:

Invis watch advantages:

• Covers a huge amount of ground, the most of all 3 cloaks
  • Not motion sensitive, so you can run + crouch jump to cover even more ground while not costing cloak time
  • Can be refilled, mid-journey, with Metal pickups and fallen weapons
  • Forces you to do something rather than stand around looking at the targets go past
  • In response to the Engi nest and the C&D being useful there, standing on top of a Dispenser (one place an Engi never looks) will keep you cloaked (as long as you're disguised, the Dispenser will heal you and keep you cloaked) and, if it's level 2/3, replenish the IW entirely, keeping you invisible at the same time
  • Excellent for stalk kills
  • Excellent for creating illusions

Disadvantages:

• When running away, premature uncloak can be fatal (nothing a fallen weapon can fix, though)

Cloak and Dagger advantages:

• Can refill infinitely by standing still
  • Does not uncloak when you're out of cloak
  • Good for start of round, especially Payload, when waiting for everyone the enemy to kill your first wave of attack, and start pushing the cart

Disadvantages:

• Is capable of illusions, but you'll end up running out of cloak very fast due to the fact that you'll be running
  • 25% faster maximum drain rate
  • Standing still = Wasting time, points and the chance to make an impact on the game
  • A lot of the time, the target you were going to kill would have wandered out of effective range because you're too slow to think
  • Less ground covered
  • Requires you to crouch to be effective cloak/distance-wise
  • Takes triple the time to get to vital targets
  • 95% of the time, you'll end up meeting an enemy Pyro/Demoman who was Spy-checking just as soon as you got to where you wanted to be (ALWAYS happens to me)

This is all from experience and from working with TF Wiki for some time. I left out obvious things, like Shimmer and being set of fire.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Could you explain to me what do you mean by illusions?

Also, on the target you'd be stalking for the back, I don't get the difference between the C&D and IW. I'd just uncloak with both and follow the guy. If I see a heavy going by with no one behind him, or a soldier or Demo focused on spamming grandades to the front lines of course I'm going to backstab them, I can do the same with both watches right?

Also, I don't quite get this point: "A lot of the time, the target you were going to kill would have wandered out of effective range because you're too slow to think". How does a watch influence your reaction time?This one seems kinda nonsensical to be honest.

In regards to the last point, isn't that kinda random and not influenced by the clock? I could also say that when I played with the Dead Ringer, I always uncloaked at the very worst time possible, but that doesn't mean it's DR's fault...

But I can now see the advantages and disadvantages better though: Invis gives you a longer default timer plus the ability to recharge it through amo boxes while the C&D allows for a bit more slack and the ability to kinda rest compltely cloaked (while you say, plan your next move) in trade of a shortened default timer.

Could you explain to me what do you mean by illusions?

When you trick an enemy player into thinking you went in a certain direction.

Example: A scout is running after you, trying to kill you, and you turn the corner and cloak, but instead head in another direction. The scout thinks you're still running in that direction.

I named my Pyro's mailbox (forgot what it was called) the "Special Delivery".

And I like Conniver's Kunai. It allows me to chainstab payloads while on fire. Went on a 15-kill-streak with it in one life.

The health penalty is not a big deal with the DR.

I named the Liberty Launcher, "Jule's Furious Anger". Also, I named the scatter gun "Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty".

So far, nobody has caught where the Jule's furious anger is from.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang