[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Also, on the target you'd be stalking for the back, I don't get the difference between the C&D and IW. I'd just uncloak with both and follow the guy. If I see a heavy going by with no one behind him, or a soldier or Demo focused on spamming grandades to the front lines of course I'm going to backstab them, I can do the same with both watches right?

In experience, C&D runs out of cloak as I'm running before I can make it effective for Stalk kills. And by the time you've actually killed somebody, there'll be someone trailing behind you and you're cloak is extremely low (making you an easy target because you can really escape far with the C&D).

Also, I don't quite get this point: "A lot of the time, the target you were going to kill would have wandered out of effective range because you're too slow to think". How does a watch influence your reaction time?This one seems kinda nonsensical to be honest.

Again, in experience, when sitting above targets waiting for a leaping stab using the IW, I always get the first target because I'm ready to go (as I'm uncloaked - thus not wasting cloak charge). With the C&D, however, players have this weird additional fear of being caught, so a lot of players will stayed cloaked - it's this that slows you down. You see the target, uncloak, and, by the time you've uncloaked (2 seconds), the target is outside your effective range.

In regards to the last point, isn't that kinda random and not influenced by the clock? I could also say that when I played with the Dead Ringer, I always uncloaked at the very worst time possible, but that doesn't mean it's DR's fault...

I'd think so too, but, due to the amount of time you're spending crouch walking to the spawn, you're also leaving a trail - opening doors, cloak/uncloak sound, and that makes players suspicious. Let's say you open a door and there's a Pyro. You're on half-cloak with the C&D - you can't run far because you'll go into blink cloak, and you can't stand still because the Pyro's flames will catch you. With the IW, you're half empty on cloak. You can run a lot further, and, if near the battle field, pick up and fallen ammo and make a quick escape in several different routes.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, but still. A lot of it happens.

OT: I got a Strange Ambassador today from a friend :3 I love it. It's going to be literally all Sniper w/ Razorback kills, I know it. That's all I use it for. That and taking out Engie's from a distance.

Speaking of taking Engie's down from a distance, on pl_barnblitz, if you're on RED, go to the top of the tower while you're defending the final cap. There's all sorts of beautiful things to snipe with the Amby - charged medic's standing around, Engies and their buildings, and no one checks up there because it's so high up. Of course, once you get a couple of kills, people will realise where you are, but even then the DR is perfect for that situation <3:

Also, H2PM, Jule's furious anger: Pulp Fiction?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo.

Also, how much would a Vintage Equalizer go for?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

No. Why would it be bad?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I named my V.Krist "Medical Overdrive" and Liberty Launcher - Liberal Liberator "Taken from the cold, dead hands of Tony Abbott."

thinking of naming my knife "Spine Adjuster" - "Did I stab too deep?"

think it's good?

Popoto.~<3

I wish Valve would release a classic version of TF2.

I mean, I like the game as it is but vanilla TF2 is quite fun.

I was playing on Goldrush and started wondering if, in universe, the RED and BLU teams KNOW what will happen when the bomb reaches the final point. This is why I love Gmod.

pl_goldrush0000.jpg

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Of course they do, they don't call it a 'bomb' for no reason...

Obviously they know it's a bomb, but it's always been canon in my mind that they don't know it's rigged to explode at the end. They were told in a briefing beforehand that they were to deliver it to a storage area and RED wants to stop them from doing so. Really they're being sent on a suicide mission, as it's likely at least a couple of them will be killed by the explosion. It would take only simple logic to realize that they were moving toward a red base, but they were too busy being axe crazy to notice.

RED likely knows BLU's mission, and spends the time directly after the game laughing at the ones that fell in the pit to the fiery death, so hard in fact, that they drop their weapons and have to either hide or be massacred by the survivors.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.