Eff the Wilderness times infinity

Miner52289

So I'm doing a level 3 clue scroll and the coordinates are at 25'03 17'05 which is quite possibly the worst place to have to go for a clue scroll because of all the revenants that are out there. I got to where I needed, destroyed the Zammy Mage and dug up the casket. No biggie, right? Wrong, as I'm about 1/3 of the way back to the Teleport Lever out of what seems like nowhere I get barraged by 5 revenants. Yes, FIVE REVENANTS. And before I could click "Protect from Magic" I see 4 red splats hit me, each of which was at least 17 damage, causing me to drop dead on the spot. All I kept was my whip, dragon skirt, and my barrows gloves. Keep in mind that I was carrying 20k and i dropped some monkfish, super antipoison, super energy, granite plate, obby shield, helm of neit, glory, wealth, tons of teleport devices, spade, chart, watch, sextant. Like 500k worth of stuff basically.

So I respawn in Falador and all I can think is "I gotta get this stuff back" so I put on my whip, gloves and skirt and get 2 laws and 2 waters from the bank then go to the teleport lever in ardy. Run back out there and I see the rev's that obliterated me, 4 of them were walking in a train and the other one decides to be a punk and teleblock me. I don't care, ya know, as long as I get my stuff back. Anyways I'm booking it to the spot where I died and hurriedly picking up all my junk before my grave crumbles away. Luckily, I got it all back :thumbsup: but I'm still standing out there until I'm feeling brave enough to gtfo of that place.

This brings me to my rant. I hate the wilderness that Jagex basically half-assed to get rid RWT. I would have much rather had to fight 3 PKer's out there than get bombarded by stupid NPC's. At least the PKer's could pick up my stuff and use it. I really hate revs. I hate Jagex taking the fun out of pvp interactions in dangerous locales such as the lvl-50+ wildy.

P.S. I will let you know what I get from this clue scroll once I actually get out of there. It better be worth it...

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Do you have any better solutions? Until you have any better knowledge of every aspect of Jagex's descions regarding the RWT updates, then i'd suggest stop knocking this specific update. Jagex gave their reasons for the updates, and when it comes down to it, you know there right.

Seriously, Jagex did what they did because it was right for the game and fairer on everyone else. At the end of the day, if people weren't so selfish and pathetic that they had to resort to selling gold / accounts / items (and for that matter, buying gold / accounts / items), then Jagex would never have had to think about implementing the trade limits and such. What's the point in playing the game if your just gonna buy your levels / items? Doesn't that defeat the whole object? "bt it taks 2 long 2 get lvls up!!11!" THEN DONT PLAY THE GAME!! If you can't be a***d to get your own levels, then turn your computer off now.

By the way, this was not aimed at one person in general, it was just a general rant :evil:

*Cough* If you do a clue in the wild you don't need to take anything else then your cluestuff and a weapon, Zammy mage always does magic so just protect from that. If you die you'll loose your watch, chart and sextant. NEVER bring good stuff when you treasuretrail.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

*Cough* If you do a clue in the wild you don't need to take anything else then your cluestuff and a weapon, Zammy mage always does magic so just protect from that. If you die you'll loose your watch, chart and sextant. NEVER bring good stuff when you treasuretrail.

:thumbup:

Make sure you have full prayer and a DDS. Then all you need is there clue scroll, chart, sextant, spade, compass and a Ring of Duelling for fast banking once you're back in Ardy.

Walk everywhere and as soon as you are attacked by a rev run in the opposite direction. Log out ASAP and change Worlds before logging back in.

Stick prayer on for pro mage, DDS spec until he is dead.

Now walk back to the lever. Again running in opposite direction if attacked.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I agree that the solution was really half-assed. If you can't think of anything just put a bunch of NPCs in. Great solution.

Right, as opposed to the creative thing to do which would be putting in monkeys with chainsaws, every movie cameo from dawn of the dead to Titanic, cake, a quick link to friendster, family photos of the player to really set the mood, a reappearance by that wart you thought you lanced back in seventh grade, this emote :wall: , a scottish terrier playing the bagpipes, three little kittens, and MORE COWBELL.

Ice Age Mage, your existence on this forum is half-assed. If you can't think, just be a troll. #-o

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No. Have you ever encountered a clan in the real wilderness? they were about as common as five revenants of that level.

They would kill you faster then that, and you would not get anything back, because they would pick it up.

Clue scrolls aren't supposed to be painfully easy. If you go into the wilderness, don't bring all that, or you might lose it. It really makes sense...

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I got a Rune Battleaxe, Rune Axe, 13 Lobsters, 11 Purple Firelighters, and a Black d'hide Body.

I would rather get PK'ed by someone in the deep wildy and have them pick up my stuff because at least then I could grab another set of armor and hopefully make it back out there fully prepared and kill that person and get my stuff back. With the rev's there's no chance of getting you're stuff back if it disappears when your grave does. It's an item sinkhole.

Yeah and it's all because people who don't want to put effort into playing this game to it's fullest and RWT that screwed it up for everyone :evil: UGH.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I doubt you have ever pked seriously if you expect that to work. Just because it was a lame reward, doesn't mean they should be easy.

If a pker got that obby shield, and 500k worth of stuff, they would of logged or teleported with the lever, not stay there, and if it was a clan, you would die again instantly.

If anything, the wilderness is safer without pkers. I know revenants go some places where pkers don't but as a whole.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I have to agree with doomsavenger. Think about it this way, Would you have had all of that if there were still pkers out in the wilderness?? Of course not, unless of course you are an [wagon] that likes to show off what he has and isn't really all that smart. What is the difference with going into the wilderness with revs there? They can kill you just as fast, if not faster than another high leveled player, so why take more items with you with the revs than any normal player would take into the wilderness before the updates? Use some common sense please. Seriously. Though, you do have to take in account that with the revenants you at least have a chance to get your stuff back, as doomsavenger said in an earlier post, if it were a clan or a pker, you would have basically no chance to get your stuff back. Maybe next time you should think the pros and cons through before complaining.

~ Chey

Revenants instill more fear into my heart than pkers ever did. They're like combat pures, but eerily silent, more intelligent, and much more powerful.

And shadows of their former selves *Oh no he didn't!*

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

A rant with good spelling and grammar =O

But hey, why are you complaining? You got your stuff back despite the utter stupidity that it was to bring 500k worth of stuff in the wild. You should be happy happy. :mrgreen:

2480+ total

I Personally am not worried about revenants. They can't even open doors. Still, you want to dress for the part with revs. They are easy with the right gear, if not to kill, then to escape from. Just position it behind an obstacle and run straight.

They are far easier, as I said.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

You died in the wild, got your things back, and are complaining? I don't get it.

But anyway, Revenants are way better at this than an original PKer would be. I'm willing to bet you would have never been able to kill the PKer for your things back, whereas you don't even have to engage a Revenant. Their power is to make deep Wild dangerous again; you came face-to-face with that power. Can't complain because you died to them. Oh, as an added bonus, you didn't get taunted with "pwnd u j00b". :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I got a Rune Battleaxe, Rune Axe, 13 Lobsters, 11 Purple Firelighters, and a Black d'hide Body.

I would rather get PK'ed by someone in the deep wildy and have them pick up my stuff because at least then I could grab another set of armor and hopefully make it back out there fully prepared and kill that person and get my stuff back. With the rev's there's no chance of getting you're stuff back if it disappears when your grave does. It's an item sinkhole.

Yeah and it's all because people who don't want to put effort into playing this game to it's fullest and RWT that screwed it up for everyone :evil: UGH.

So youre saying that once they get a 500k kill, theyre gonna wait around for the person to come back. No, I dont think so. And if its only one person, they probably wouldnt be able to kill you, if you had any sense and RAN.

5 revenants is like a clan of pkers, who would kill you before you could blink. With revenants, you at least have a chance of getting back in time. Especially with a 4 minute grave which i believe costs 100k. You dont need a 500k gravestone so dont complain about the costs

And why did you bring all that stuff in the wild anyways? You need about 4 things. You could drop some, and then youd keep your clue.

BOO

Revenants in the wildy? is this some kind of bug? :roll:

Wilderness is a dangerous place :shock:

anyway what would you have done to the wildy once the pvp ascepts were removed? (and dont say "i wouldnt have removed them" there are 17 million threads about that as it is we don't need another)

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

That's why you bring limited items to the wilderness. Here is a good setup:

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot or bear head for magic defense

Cape: Spottier Cape

Amulet: Glory or Defense amulet/Gnome Amulet

Top: Black d'hide body

Bottom: Black d'hide chaps

Weapon: Dragon dagger(p++)

Shield: Rune Defender(if you have multiples), or saradomin book, elemental shield/mind shield

boots: Boots of Lightness

Gloves: Forinthry Bracelet(5) has charges that PROTECT AGAINST TELEBLOCK !!! IMPORTANT!!!

Ring: nothing or a ring of life(useless in high level wild)

Also fill your inventory with 1 ppot, brews/sharks/tuna potatoes & a sup def pot. Pot the def when you run into the wild. Use spirit terrorbird familiar with scrolls to help you run away from revenants. Keep your energy up.

I agree that the solution was really half-assed. If you can't think of anything just put a bunch of NPCs in. Great solution.

Right, as opposed to the creative thing to do which would be putting in monkeys with chainsaws, every movie cameo from dawn of the dead to Titanic, cake, a quick link to friendster, family photos of the player to really set the mood, a reappearance by that wart you thought you lanced back in seventh grade, this emote :wall: , a scottish terrier playing the bagpipes, three little kittens, and MORE COWBELL.

Ice Age Mage, your existence on this forum is half-assed. If you can't think, just be a troll. #-o

Pfft all your posts are just kissing jagex's [wagon] and blaming people who don't. The not "half assed" solution would be to completely rework the wilderness changing the landscape and making it rather difficult to stay in it without being in danger or under attack from different monsters. Multiple monsters or strong monsters should placed in specific parts where a player would have to walk through instead of just speding 10 minutes for drawing a couple of Caspers who can teleblock and attack at random.

Well first of all.. you should know that the wild isnt safe and you shouldnt have taken those items to begin with. Would you take all that stuff knowing theres pkers??

You still need to take the factors into consideration. Like... they attack with all 3 forms?? You shouldve taken a safe set-up like dhide to protect from mage attacks while using protect from range.

Because by now you should know that revs attack from a distance and you really dont need melee gear.

I just think you rant is a complaint that you weren't prepared for something you should've been

Well first of all.. you should know that the wild isnt safe and you shouldnt have taken those items to begin with. Would you take all that stuff knowing theres pkers??

You still need to take the factors into consideration. Like... they attack with all 3 forms?? You shouldve taken a safe set-up like dhide to protect from mage attacks while using protect from range.

Because by now you should know that revs attack from a distance and you really dont need melee gear.

I just think you rant is a complaint that you weren't prepared for something you should've been

I gotta agree with him (I was gonna say everything verbatim). U shouldnt take that many items if your dont plan on doing anything with them.bring armor thats good against range (arrows) attack and use protect from magic. This will force the rev to attack with range( arrows) which will still hurt but shouldnt be so bad. Almost the same thing happened to me except I didnt bring anything but items needed for the clue and some energy pots. I also opted to let myself die because I only had 3 items with me (clue and two pieces of armor). So next time try to think it out before you wonder that far into the wildy. If your teleblocked that ardy lever doesnt work and its one hell of a run back to safety =]

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

The wilderness is supposed to be dangerous. Would you complain if they were 5 Player killers? It's what they are there for!

No. Why? Because players actually had a chance to log out before the player attacked them. It was what seperated the pkers from the occasional treasure trail hunters. A pker would run up to the incoming white dot to fight, while the tt-er, fearful of losing some armor or even the clue scroll, would log out immediately. It's not cheap, although it does sound like it. That's the way things were, and it was a good system. Besides, picking on innocent tt-ers makes pathetic pkers.

But now there is no way you can log out when the hostiles of the wilderness attack you. Most of the revenants that attack you amazingly attack you outside your LOS with their first hit (before you can even see the yellow dot). It's very annoying...

Luckily, revenants will never be as powerful as regular pkers. Ah, sometimes I miss those days when a two-team would burst me while the other guy ddsed me to death. I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed that fact that I was bested by a player, a real human being, rather than a half-assed (good word for it) computer.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .