What browser does RS Work best with?

BlueSoda4U

I would never even think about using IE for anything knowing how many threats you face when using it, its not being updated often enough which means no bug fixes or security fixes.

Its one of the easiest browser to make keyloggers for, give you trojans often if you visit sites, security is quite low after my standars of using it runs quite slowers than the other browsers i use aswell. And for the guy who said the best were free, the most used browsers are free and i havnt seen any that you have to pay for.

You have to test what browser works out for you but i would suggest trying FireFox (2 or 3), Opera or Saffari(it runs for windows aswell).

Maybe this is alittle off topic but again i wouldn't think that IE is the best browser for rs in general.

What are ya'll saying about Firefox 3 crashing all the time? Works perfectly for me.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Play it through swiftkit and you'l be fine.

Swiftkit always gets error messages and it has to close :\

I use IE and it works fine. I have firefox and swiftkit but rarely use them.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Firefox has only crashed for me on beta, and only twice after that (this was after I closed it, it was the popular "firefox is still running" scenario). So I still like firefox. I don't use the IE on our computer because that's what the rest of my family uses, and they have a tendency to crap it up.

Shaniqua.png

im using Firefox 3, it's never crashed on me, neither did Firefox 2. I very very occasionally lose connection to runescape but Firefox never crashed on me.

the only issue i have sometimes is when i close loads of windows( i dont like more then 4 tabs..) sometimes it will tell me Firefox is still running when i try and load it again, so i have to ctrl+alt+delete and end Firefox in the processes menu.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

im using firefox 3, it's never crashed on me, neither did firefox 2. I very very occasionally lose connection to runescape but firefox never crashed on me.

The only real time I had firefox crash was when idiots gunk up pages with 50 media player plugins. Thats it. Firefox almost never crashes, and if it does, the save tab feature puts me right back at all my old pages.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Never crashed with IE, and only lag and DCs have been because of bad line. But I won't make any decision how good it is compared to the others on just that.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

opera, simply because it was not cluttered, and i could leave it less cluttered then most other browsers.

I didnt use opera for anything but scape, so yeah. firefox for my other internet browsing.

but for some reason I can no longer use opera to play runescape. I do not know why. I have tried some thing but i just use IE now.

RuneScape is cross platform. There should be no difference in performance between browsers.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

RuneScape is cross platform. There should be no difference in performance between browsers.

I've had problems with firefox on computers with low mem (considering I'm doing other stuff) and it lost me a bunch of items. It loses focus of the screen and I watch myself die b/c i can't eat or anything. Probably unique bug, but yeah. I imagine I need to change firefox memory settings

IE works perfect for me, i use to use mozilla firefox only because it was the only browser to use tabs reducing ram usage. but now ie does that too so firefox is worthless to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabbed_bro ... d_browsing

Definately not true.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

Although I am sure that different browsers don't make much of a difference in-game wise, I would put Mozilla Firefox on the top simply because it is fast getting to the log-in screen. I have Firefox version 3.0 and I don't have that many problems with it, although it does crashes unexpectedly from time to time. As for Microsoft's Internet Explorer, it takes more time getting to the log-in page, but once you get there, there aren't many problems. :D

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

firefox with the runehq toolbar :D

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

tbh you dont need super fast firefox to run runescape >.>

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]