Nature Runecrafting : Dead.

BloodArgon

Current Pure Essence Price : 153

Current Nature Rune Price : 247

Profit : 94

This means that if you mine pure essences, its like making 1.5 nature runes (profit wise) and its also much faster than rune crafting. (Using pouches, I can mine a load in the time it takes one to get halfway to the alter.

I just figured Id point this out, since Iv noticed the prices recently.

Discuss a solution? Create a demand on natures, allow FTP to mine pure essence? Since reverting to normal essence would cause price drops and many people would loose money automatically, where, FTP mining would allow the price to at least stabilize.

Other RC Profits :

Death Runes : 143

Blood Runes : 127

Law Runes : 182 [Worth crafting now?]

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of people are probably selling atm since they are dropping and they want a good price for them. people now craft double cosmics/astrals or law runes, so the supply will die down causing them to rise again, resulting in people crafting them again and the price stabalising.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

A friend of mine recently crafted enough runes to buy full Bandos. I asked what he crafted, assuming it was natures, and he surprised me by saying that he did laws through the abyss.

In my opinion, natures are only worth it at 91 Runecrafting. Until then, there are better options.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Doubling's still alright:

Current Pure Essence Price: 153

Current Nature Rune Price 2x: 494

Profit: 341

Now, that profit is profit per pure essence (NOT nature rune); I can probably craft around 2K pure essence an hour, which makes almost 700K an hour. It's not bad still, but it was a lot better in the past.

If your law prices are correct, laws are the way to go. More XP and a higher profit is a win win situation.

allow FTP to mine pure essence?

That would still cause price drops, just in rune essence this time; this would still cause players to lose money. There's no real solution to the differences in the essences that I can see of that doesn't hurt some players in some way. I think it's left best unchanged anyway.

One idea that may help lower prices (this isn't my idea) is to increase the mining XP given from mining pure essence. It would encourage people to mine it, bringing more into the economy, which should cause the prices to drop somewhat. Whether it would have a lasting effect, I dunno.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

jagex seem to be killing off skills that make money, same with the Ape Atoll nerf, chins went down.

only way to make money now -> Godwars.

or GE Merching

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I agree. Personally I vowed that if nats ever fell under 250 ea, I'd stop rc'ing nats and ZMI the rest of the way to 99. I never imagined it would actually go that low... :(

...and they're still dropping. -.-

Now, that profit is profit per pure essence (NOT nature rune); I can probably craft around 2K pure essence an hour, which makes almost 700K an hour. It's not bad still, but it was a lot better in the past.

If your law prices are correct, laws are the way to go. More XP and a higher profit is a win win situation.

That would still cause price drops, just in rune essence this time; this would still cause players to lose money. There's no real solution to the differences in the essences that I can see of that doesn't hurt some players in some way. I think it's left best unchanged anyway.

One idea that may help lower prices (this isn't my idea) is to increase the mining XP given from mining pure essence. It would encourage people to mine it, bringing more into the economy, which should cause the prices to drop somewhat. Whether it would have a lasting effect, I dunno.

All prices are mid price grabbed from the GE at the time of the post being created, so, they are correct.

Double natures is nice, but, how many people really have 91 RC? (2,705 exactly)

blood_argon.gif

You answered your own question there. :P

But yes, I do see what you're saying. Hopefully, if many players take note of the dwindling profits from nature RCing, they'll move onto other means of making money; if this decreases the supply of natures enough it could cause the price to rise a little.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

You answered your own question there. :P

But yes, I do see what you're saying. Hopefully, if many players take note of the dwindling profits from nature RCing, they'll move onto other means of making money; if this decreases the supply of natures enough it could cause the price to rise a little.

It was more a rhetorical question than anything. Making laws is about double what you would get mining pure essence. Using energy pots and whatnot, it *should* be faster than essence. I guess that explains why Jagex removed the quest needed to craft laws - they were trying to revitalize the skill, and, maybe it worked? More people crafting = more runes since people constantly use laws unless they walk everywhere.

blood_argon.gif

It was more a rhetorical question than anything.

I know, I was just trying to inject some humour into the conversation... :-w Obviously I failed. :P

Out of interest, can you take familiars with you while law crafting? Or are they not allowed on Entrana?

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

It was more a rhetorical question than anything.

I know, I was just trying to inject some humour into the conversation... :-w Obviously I failed. :P

Out of interest, can you take familiars with you while law crafting? Or are they not allowed on Entrana?

I found out that the hard way. They arnt allowed. You cant even wear a skillcape there -.-

Cause let me tell you what Imma do with my skillcape :evil:

blood_argon.gif

I totaly agree with you

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

I've never actually known why people craft nats over other things when under 91 rc and over 54, it just seems illogical, all the other runes are more money and exp

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think Runecrafters had it too good for too long. I mean, it was literrally free exp. And a lot of profit. Meh.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Current Pure Essence Price : 153

Current Nature Rune Price : 247

Profit : 94

This means that if you mine pure essences, its like making 1.5 nature runes (profit wise) and its also much faster than rune crafting. (Using pouches, I can mine a load in the time it takes one to get halfway to the alter.

I just figured Id point this out, since Iv noticed the prices recently.

Discuss a solution? Create a demand on natures, allow FTP to mine pure essence? Since reverting to normal essence would cause price drops and many people would loose money automatically, where, FTP mining would allow the price to at least stabilize.

Other RC Profits :

Death Runes : 143

Blood Runes : 127

Law Runes : 182 [Worth crafting now?]

Law runes has always, for years been proffitable. "Worth crafting now?" is stupidest comment i have ever heard about laws...

I think Runecrafters had it too good for too long. I mean, it was literrally free exp. And a lot of profit. Meh.

So in your mind, EVERY skill would lose money? There needs to be money making skills in the game, if there aren't then how would we get the money to blow on the stupid skills that lose money. This is like saying that high level farmers have it too easy because they can make money off of ranarrs/snaps.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

What the hell is wrong with making that much money off of a skill? Aren't skills supposed to be... idk... useful?

Not everyone wants to do godwars. (seriously, the PuGs on the RSOF were HORRIBLE.)

I've always enjoyed runecrafting though The removal of Pking kind of spoiled the fun for me, so I have been crafting less of late. As far as I can tell, most of this seems to be yet another consequence of the removal of the macroers. Rising prices for yews means fewer bows being made, so fewer alchs needed, hence the drop in nat prices. The link between autoers and ess prices is pretty self explanatory.

As for a solution? That's where it gets difficult. The only thing I can see, short of removing trading restrictions again, would be a pretty hefty skill rebalancing - increasing speed of primary skills, rebalancing alch prices, tweaking exp values etc which may well end up causing a lot more harm than good. In the meantime, I think I'll stick to deaths and MTK...

crunchbag.png

Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07

Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07

First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat

They've been falling for a long time. It's still a good way to make money for people who are just starting runecrafting for money though, and don't have the level to make higher runes. Runecrafting is one of the "secondary" skills left that will still make you money, and I really hope it stays like that. I don't see it changing, as it takes so long to raise. (Smithing, herblore, etc, would be examples of other secondary skills which used to be good to train, but now just lose you money.) I think skillcapes are ultimately what brought this upon us... everyone's rushing to get 99. Thats all this game means to a lot of people now, and I really don't like it.

Blakdragon39.png

yes, it's dead, because of the graahk crafters who can manage 4.5k per hour.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

to the two people [bleep]ing about not being able to make 700k-1m an hour. i agree rc is to much of a money machine when you think of what it require. i also agree it should make cash, but not over 500k an hour!

i hope that pure ess goes to 200ea. that way they still make profit but donst make to much compared to effort :pray:

here comes the flamers! :-#

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I've never actually known why people craft nats over other things when under 91 rc and over 54, it just seems illogical, all the other runes are more money and exp

Because of the large demand of them. Back then, when I played, you could sell 1k nats for 300k and you would almost instantly get an alcher whos interested.

But anyway, I was shocked to see nats 250 each...I remember nats always being 300 ea, maybe rising up ten or twenty gold at times, but 250? Holy cabbage!

At those who hate RC because its a huge money maker: NEWSFLASH. Get 44/54 RC then.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Because of the large demand of them. Back then, when I played, you could sell 1k nats for 300k and you would almost instantly get an alcher whos interested.

But anyway, I was shocked to see nats 250 each...I remember nats always being 300 ea, maybe rising up ten or twenty gold at times, but 250? Holy cabbage!

At those who hate RC because its a huge money maker: NEWSFLASH. Get 44/54 RC then.

but nowdays with 50gp+ more profit per rune and the g.e making selling easier, it baffles me why so many people stick to natures, it seems plain ignorant to me.

I always trained on the highest rune available to me, laws brought me much more money than nats and quicker leveleing, and deaths to the same effect now.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You have all overlooked a single point. Why is Nature crafting dead? Well thats obvious, because there really is a lack of use for them. Instead of trying to find ways to make Nats profitable, all of us Runecrafters need to move on to another rune, and make our money there. Meanwhile, we must bug Jagex constantly to give people a reason to use Nats again. Once they do, prices will increase, and we can all go back to our happy, GP-filled Runecrafting lives.

:thumbup:

-Pasty

Pasty.png

You have all overlooked a single point. Why is Nature crafting dead? Well thats obvious, because there really is a lack of use for them. Instead of trying to find ways to make Nats profitable, all of us Runecrafters need to move on to another rune, and make our money there. Meanwhile, we must bug Jagex constantly to give people a reason to use Nats again. Once they do, prices will increase, and we can all go back to our happy, GP-filled Runecrafting lives.

:thumbup:

-Pasty

I guess I was just trying to point out that its dead, all I see anymore for money making is "get 44 rc and make nats" Thats not profitable anymore, so its not practical, but I still know people who preach it.

blood_argon.gif