The lava titan- Ooooh yeah.

green9090

So let's be honest here. How many people glanced over the level 83 lava titan without giving it a second thought? I know I did. The idea of getting an invisible +10 to mining appealed to me for mining gold, but beyond that, it just seemed like another familiar. +10 firemaking? Rofl. Draining special attack with the scroll? Difficult to use properly and pvp is gone anyway.

I, like most other people, glanced over the best part...

Can teleport you to the Lava Maze

I was mining gold and decided to talk to it while the ores were respawning (it told me a limerick and was a perfect gentleman), and noticed the "teleport" option. I made a note to try it out after that run.

I ended up here, where the crudely drawn red X is:

[hide=Picture]lavatitanteleporthf2.png

lavatitanteleporthf2.e6971eed0c.jpg[/hide]

My immediate thought was "wow! I'm right freaking next to the KBD!" But that's not all- I'm also extremely close to the hobgoblin mine. This mine is deserted, and has 8 adamant rocks and countless mithril, coal, and iron rocks. It's consistently empty. Superheat pl0x?

I'm also just a hop, skip, jump, and about 30 run energy away from an awesome green dragon killing spot. This is also deserted, and has easily safespotted green dragons. You thought aviansies were good money and ranged training? Lol.

It's also a really quick way to access the wilderness rune rocks. If I had 85 mining I'm sure I'd care about that, too :P

The only issue with this teleport is that it takes you to around level 38 wilderness, so no teleporting back. You can either hop on the chaos teleporter and pray, or just run south 8 levels and glory. It's also impractical to bring a beast of burden, but that's made up for by how quickly you can get back.

If you have 83 summoning and have not yet tried out your lava titan, I strongly advise giving it a spin. At the very least, if you ever soloed the kbd for black dragon tasks, it has never been easier.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The +10 mining has stood out for me forever, also going to make around 80 of them for 99 mining. The teleport is good, but can easily be beaten by lunars+yak(not many people have 96, nor do alot of people have 83).

Also to be noted, you still need 85 mining to mine rune(83 with mature beer), the bonus is only invisible.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i just like the +10 mining bonus

Thats like mining rune at 75 :shock:

The bonus is invisible so you can't mine rune at 75.

Can't wait to use some of these things, they are awesome

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Meh I remem at megadeths 99 slay party everyone was waiting for him and I ahd one out I never sued the tele before used it and was right by kbd lair with 90m cash on me no food no teles -.-

Tbh with oblisk that tele you lvl 44 wild and the fact im 72 mining and even witht he boost I cant mine rune I find it not so usefull for me maybe if i ever get 75 mining :roll:

and the fact im 72 mining and even witht he boost I cant mine rune I find it not so usefull for me maybe if i ever get 75 mining :roll:

You can't mine rune with it at 75 mining...the boost is invisible.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I'd just like to confirm that the boost does not let you mine rune at 75. Again in caps because most people aren't reading the thread:

THE BOOST DOES NOT LET YOU MINE RUNE AT 75.

To be honest, the most exciting part to me is a teleport close to deserted green dragons. I wouldn't be posting about it, except I feel reasonably sure that there aren't enough 83 summoners to matter.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Another idea for teleing, is bringing along an antifire shield, and running into the KBD lair and instantly teleing out with a 1 click-tele (Although, you may be poisoned).

But, thanks for the tip.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Now I have to get 83 summoning. :wall: :XD:

Oh, and it's not only [going to be] nice for getting to the KBD, but for getting back there if you die. :XD:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Another idea for teleing, is bringing along an antifire shield, and running into the KBD lair and instantly teleing out with a 1 click-tele (Although, you may be poisoned).

But, thanks for the tip.

~Dan

I think that might be a little slower from the mine or dragons than just running to 30 wild and glorying. Of course, on the other hand, this requires a glory.

Thanks for the idea :)

Now I have to get 83 summoning. :wall: :XD:

Oh, and it's not only [going to be] nice for getting to the KBD, but for getting back there if you die. :XD:

Good point!

can you elaborate on the "chance of +5 damage to every attack" attribute it has? does that apply to it, or you?

To be honest, I actually haven't let it hit anything yet. I'll do that soon.

I just tried letting the lava titan fight, and the extra 5 damage definitely applies to it. It gets an extra little damage bubble with a 5 in it as if it had dds specced. This happens maybe 1/5 hits, making it the most accurate fighting familiar I've used. It's too bad that I'm already 99 str and don't need the exp, or I might actually care lol.

That is useful, but when I kill the KBD for slayer tasks, I use the Ghorrock teleport and take a war tortoise full of sharks with me. The teleport is just a few steps away from the lair and the extra shark help me kill quite a few more per trip.

I've used the lava titan for slayer tasks and its a decent fighter with a max hit of 14 and capable of hitting an extra 5 every so often. Still i'm going to stick with using ancient magics and a war tortoise for the KBD.

Slap_My_Feet.png

I hate you now. As if I wasn't pressured enough getting to 68, now I'm gonna want to get 83 :lol: .

But seriously, thanks for the tip. That'll be very useful for my rune mining. Although I'd still prefer the Light Temple. Less risk, you see.

The teleport is nice for those who are between 83-87 I guess, but I will (and most others?) still use my unicorn post 88.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

The teleport is nice for those who are between 83-87 I guess, but I will (and most others?) still use my unicorn post 88.

I don't see how they compete, unless you mean you like using the unicorn to fight the KBD... It's not like you really need any healing familiar to fight green dragons or mine adamant/rune. And if you do mean using the unicorn on the KBD... banking is so quick with the titan that it's almost pointless to focus on extending your trip. Go with a load of lobsters, kill as many as you can, bank, repot, and teleport right back.

Highlighting the hobgoblin mine wasn't bad but I'm just gonna comment about the KBD part. Considering how close kbd lair is to the lvl 44 obelisk, you are better off using a bob + healing for kbd instead of a familiar that saves you seconds-minutes of travelling convinience but actually doesn't really do anything in the lair.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't see how they compete, unless you mean you like using the unicorn to fight the KBD... It's not like you really need any healing familiar to fight green dragons or mine adamant/rune. And if you do mean using the unicorn on the KBD... banking is so quick with the titan that it's almost pointless to focus on extending your trip. Go with a load of lobsters, kill as many as you can, bank, repot, and teleport right back.

I just prefer to extend trips as long as I can. It might not be the most efficient way possible, but I'd rather extend than bank more frequently. It's just the way I play.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I'd just like to confirm that the boost does not let you mine rune at 75. Again in caps because most people aren't reading the thread:

To be honest, the most exciting part to me is a teleport close to deserted green dragons. I wouldn't be posting about it, except I feel reasonably sure that there aren't enough 83 summoners to matter.

For gods sake, calm the hell down.

Only TWO people said it, its not my fault 5 have to respond, sounding like no one has said it yet.

And, "most people"? I was the first who asked, they said otherwise, (two people did) and then the other guy asked. And if most people arnt reading, what good does it do to post that half way through the thread? According to you no one will read it anyway :roll:

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

For gods sake, calm the hell down.

Only TWO people said it, its not my fault 5 have to respond, sounding like no one has said it yet.

And, "most people"? I was the first who asked, they said otherwise, (two people did) and then the other guy asked.

Three people said it, two after people had already said no. I don't want people to be disappointed trying to mine rune at 75.

Highlighting the hobgoblin mine wasn't bad but I'm just gonna comment about the KBD part. Considering how close kbd lair is to the lvl 44 obelisk, you are better off using a bob + healing for kbd instead of a familiar that saves you seconds-minutes of travelling convinience but actually doesn't really do anything in the lair.
Take 2 pouches with you! one to tele and one to help you fighting the King black Dragon!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011