"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Hi, can I purchase a girlfriend?

There's this kid that follows me around whenever I'm in the school building. She drags me down in trouble with her and as far as I can tell [i know nothing about her] she doesn't have friend so I'd feel a little bad to bluntly tell her to leave me alone. I'm a newb in these situations, I think she'd be a little too dense to release the hints I drop but should I give it a try...?

Also, 12 and in love :lol:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Lol, it's called a mail-order bride.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

Lol, it's called a mail-order bride.

Don't order from Russia, they always forget to punch holes in the shipping crate.

There's this kid that follows me around whenever I'm in the school building. She drags me down in trouble with her and as far as I can tell [i know nothing about her] she doesn't have friend so I'd feel a little bad to bluntly tell her to leave me alone. I'm a newb in these situations, I think she'd be a little too dense to release the hints I drop but should I give it a try...?

Also, 12 and in love :lol:

My suggestion is to just tell her that you don't like her getting you into trouble.

"your my life, and honestly i don't know what i would do without you. I LOVE YOU TO INFINITY AND BEYOND AND MUCH MUCH MORE. nothing in the world can break us apart, i love you with all my heart James. every single second away from you seems like forever and never seems to end... without you school is useless to me and has no meaning. i get distracted in almost every single one of my classes just by thinking of you. your a phenomenal person with thee most amazing personality. your the reason for my every smile and every laugh. i owe the world to the boy that introduced me to you. i never ever want to loose you James"

Didn't this piece of cliché made anyone beside me sick?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Don't order from Russia, they always forget to punch holes in the shipping crate.

Hah. "Forget."

They're twelve, guys. Remember twelve? Pokemon? Digimon? The nineties? Actually, earlier 2000's for most of us? Not that long ago for some? Right now for others? Yeah.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Yeah, but being in a relationship at 12?

Honestly, I don't think they've really grasped the concept of love. Sure, we can probably all admit to feeling a strong attraction to someone at the age of 12, but come on guys, how many of you now look back and regard it as meaning nothing?

(Oh and 12 would be 2004 for me)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I agree. But that's just how twelve-year-olds roll. Like the ones that threw quarters at me and my friends at Yes Man!. As a species, twelve-year-olds do not quite grasp these things. Like "Hey make sure those guys aren't bigger than us before we throw quarters at them." Or maybe "Hey I've been dating for a week I bet I'm not in love." Or "Hey being a parent at my age is probably a bad thing."

Quite. Kinda starts fading out around then. But they're also on the brink of teenagerdom. Which has been romanticized into a musical loveland of sex and coolness. Damn you, Disney. Damn you.

I'll agree on the "Damn you, Disney. Damn you."

They do cram alot of this romantic crap down your throat, then aim the programmes at those around age 12 and under. I remember they we never used to have all this romantic crap in our programmes when we were their age.

Though I don't see why they are trying to be "mature" and have a relationship. They should be enjoying themselves.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Same reason I tried to act like an adult when I was five. It seemed cooler. Now I wish I hadn't. If I could act like an adult now and a kid back then, I'd probably be better off. But, hey, this leads to a lot more fun and interesting situations.

I want a girlfriend :wall:

Why..?

Yeah. Why? You should want to be with someone because you're attracted to them, not just to say "I have a girlfriend lololol".

I know I want to be the boyfriend of the person im attracted to.

Then go "I have a girlfriend lololol"

Thinking only of the goal in relationships gets you about as far as only thinking about the goal in weight-lifting. If you don't get what I'm saying, lift more. You'll both understand it and be less of a wimp.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm gonna be watching the Notebook with that girl. haha.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

Here's an interesting story about my life that is developing as I write this:

BACKGROUND:

I met a girl a couple weeks ago. She is 16, I'm 18. She and I hit it off pretty quickly, but she frequently made and then canceled plans for the first week I knew her. I would ask her to come hang out with me, and she would agree. The next day she would pretty much ditch out on me to do something more interesting. FINALLY, she stuck to a plan, and her friend (whom I have known for a while now) came along with us. We had a blast. Everything went great. She and I flirted quite a bit and we "cuddled" for a bit.

I shared a couple of feelings with her. I told her that there is definitely something good going on between us, and she agreed that she had a feeling or two for me. I told her I hoped I would see her again soon. She was enthusiastic about it.

SIDE NOTE: She mentioned that she was still unhappy about the relationship she currently has with her ex-boyfriend. She feels like she is always judging her, and she said that she was "comfortable with being unhappy". I told her that she should continue to come out with me, and I'll show her a good time, without pressuring her into dating me.

That was five days ago. Three days ago, her and I went out on a casual affair. We took a drive, I bought her some food, and we went on a two hour drive. We listened to music and talked, both seriously and jokingly. The feelings conversation was brought back up. She mentioned that she really didn't want to tell me anything about her feelings. She said she wasn't ready to share anything with me. I pressed the issue a bit, but gave it up pretty quickly. I wanted to know how she felt really badly, but I stopped myself. I changed the conversation as soon as possible and the night went on.

Now here's where I trip up. She went down to visit a college with her friend and her friends mom. I know she has a really good guy friend down there, but I seriously doubt anything went on between them.

Today she came back and didn't want to talk to me about anything, or so she said. I said (Via a text message) "maybe I'll call you later" and she agreed that this could happen. Eventually she texted me again, and a conversation ensued. Somehow, some way, she brought up the feelings thing again. She told me I'd "never understand" and that she "couldn't explain" even though she said she wanted to. I instantly started thinking she did something with another guy, but that idea was quickly disposed as I looked into it a little bit. However, that thought still somewhat lingers in my head.

She begins to tell me how she doesn't want anything in terms of a relationship. She doesn't want to talk about it. I don't know where this came from because I didn't even bring it up, but nonetheless it happened. Our relationship went straight into the can. Somehow it got to the point where she didn't even want to continue talking to me. She did, though.

This "situation" ended with me telling her the following: "Oh. One more thing. Did you lie when you said that there was something good between us?" She simply said: "No".

I also said something like: "I wish you would just give me a chance"

Her response was: "I want to, but I just can't. I'm sorry. I want to explain it but I can't."

I said: "Don't be sorry. Just be you. I like you for you. I'll be here when you realize that being happy is worth taking chances with your emotions."

She sent something back, but I had said what I wanted to leave her with. No communication since. This was about three hours before this post.

-------------------------------------------

So, here's my question folks: What the HELL is going on here? My brother, who is 25 years of age, and has had countless tumultuous relationships has told me the following:

She's basically playing the drama card. This is what you need to do: Listen to her, and don't engage in any communication with her. Don't ignore her, but DON'T START ANYTHING. In two weeks, one of two things will happen:

1: Nothing. She could be trying to get with another guy and doesn't want you in the picture. You'd just have to move on with your life. It's not a big loss, really.

2: She will send you a text, or call you asking why you haven't said anything to her lately. All you've got to say is "That's what you told me to do."

He said #2 is usually what happens. To me, sounds like what will probably happen. I'm pretty sure this is her course of action. She just doesn't have her emotions in check, so she's pushing me away.

What do you folks think. Does the above seem to be correct? Would I be wise to follow my brothers course of action?

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

BACKGROUND:

I met a girl a couple weeks ago. She is 16, I'm 18. She and I hit it off pretty quickly, but she frequently made and then canceled plans for the first week I knew her. I would ask her to come hang out with me, and she would agree. The next day she would pretty much ditch out on me to do something more interesting. FINALLY, she stuck to a plan, and her friend (whom I have known for a while now) came along with us. We had a blast. Everything went great. She and I flirted quite a bit and we "cuddled" for a bit.

I shared a couple of feelings with her. I told her that there is definitely something good going on between us, and she agreed that she had a feeling or two for me. I told her I hoped I would see her again soon. She was enthusiastic about it.

SIDE NOTE: She mentioned that she was still unhappy about the relationship she currently has with her ex-boyfriend. She feels like she is always judging her, and she said that she was "comfortable with being unhappy". I told her that she should continue to come out with me, and I'll show her a good time, without pressuring her into dating me.

That was five days ago. Three days ago, her and I went out on a casual affair. We took a drive, I bought her some food, and we went on a two hour drive. We listened to music and talked, both seriously and jokingly. The feelings conversation was brought back up. She mentioned that she really didn't want to tell me anything about her feelings. She said she wasn't ready to share anything with me. I pressed the issue a bit, but gave it up pretty quickly. I wanted to know how she felt really badly, but I stopped myself. I changed the conversation as soon as possible and the night went on.

Now here's where I trip up. She went down to visit a college with her friend and her friends mom. I know she has a really good guy friend down there, but I seriously doubt anything went on between them.

Today she came back and didn't want to talk to me about anything, or so she said. I said (Via a text message) "maybe I'll call you later" and she agreed that this could happen. Eventually she texted me again, and a conversation ensued. Somehow, some way, she brought up the feelings thing again. She told me I'd "never understand" and that she "couldn't explain" even though she said she wanted to. I instantly started thinking she did something with another guy, but that idea was quickly disposed as I looked into it a little bit. However, that thought still somewhat lingers in my head.

She begins to tell me how she doesn't want anything in terms of a relationship. She doesn't want to talk about it. I don't know where this came from because I didn't even bring it up, but nonetheless it happened. Our relationship went straight into the can. Somehow it got to the point where she didn't even want to continue talking to me. She did, though.

This "situation" ended with me telling her the following: "Oh. One more thing. Did you lie when you said that there was something good between us?" She simply said: "No".

Her response was: "I want to, but I just can't. I'm sorry. I want to explain it but I can't."

I said: "Don't be sorry. Just be you. I like you for you. I'll be here when you realize that being happy is worth taking chances with your emotions."

She sent something back, but I had said what I wanted to leave her with. No communication since. This was about three hours before this post.

So, here's my question folks: What the HELL is going on here? My brother, who is 25 years of age, and has had countless tumultuous relationships has told me the following:

She's basically playing the drama card. This is what you need to do: Listen to her, and don't engage in any communication with her. Don't ignore her, but DON'T START ANYTHING. In two weeks, one of two things will happen:

1: Nothing. She could be trying to get with another guy and doesn't want you in the picture. You'd just have to move on with your life. It's not a big loss, really.

2: She will send you a text, or call you asking why you haven't said anything to her lately. All you've got to say is "That's what you told me to do."

He said #2 is usually what happens. To me, sounds like what will probably happen. I'm pretty sure this is her course of action. She just doesn't have her emotions in check, so she's pushing me away.

What do you folks think. Does the above seem to be correct? Would I be wise to follow my brothers course of action?

Yes, follow his advice.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Your brother's a smart guy. Sounds like good advice to me. Of course, maybe she's crazy. I always take the 16% possibility that any certain woman I know is utterly insane into consideration.

Reminds me - kinda - of a short story we read not too long ago. A guy and a girl are dating, and he's thinking about getting his oil changed, while she goes over their three-week relationship in her head and, thinking he hates her from his confused responses, breaks up with him and spends the next year agonizing over what went wrong, while the dude asks their mutual friend if she ever owned a horse, which he thought was all the trouble. Heh.

BACKGROUND:

A fairly similiar thing happened to me. For one reason or another she's playing hard to get. But your bro nailed it on the head. Do exactly what he said - Don't ignore her, but don't start anything.

Infact ath statement alone seems to work with a lot of girl related issues :-k

I'd like to see how this plays out...keep us posted

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

A random twist: She randomly texts me. She tells me not to accept this kids friend request on Facebook. She says he hates me and it will only cause trouble. This just so happens to be the kid that is her good friend from college. She promised me that they only saw each other for five minutes. I have no idea what to think about this. Is he trying to tell me off or start trouble with me? Is he trying to tell me she's a hoe?

Frankly, I almost don't want to know.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

A random twist: She randomly texts me. She tells me not to accept this kids friend request on Facebook. She says he hates me and it will only cause trouble. This just so happens to be the kid that is her good friend from college. She promised me that they only saw each other for five minutes. I have no idea what to think about this. Is he trying to tell me off or start trouble with me? Is he trying to tell me she's a hoe?

Frankly, I almost don't want to know.

Congradualtions. You're in. Unfortunatly, now you've committed to a dramatic tail spin. I hope you're prepared...you're life is going to get hella confusing in the next fwe weeks. Here's the damage report:

1) You like a drama queen

1a) good luck with that, it's interesting, and devestating all in one

2) she's already trying to control you

3) your new facebook friend holds the key to whatever your life is about to go through

Diagnosis:

Red pill...or Blue?

Red (friend him)

you will learn what he has to say. whether its BS or not is up for interpretation. He may be helping you...he may be doing everything he can to stop you from talking to the girl. It's a total friend or foe situation. If you friend him, this will lead to a negative reaction with the girl.

Blue (ignore him)

Trust her and see how it play out. This is a positive reaction from the girl, and a negative one toward any future relationship you may or may not have with her.

Both (my recomendation)

Don't choose to ignore his friend request just yet, but leave the option open. Give him a PM asking him what's up, this way you can judge if he is a friend or foe. This does not jeapordize anything with the girl in question.

Good luck soldier.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The damage report is spot on.

Selection: Blue Pill

I won't do so until tomorrow, but it's what I'll do. I'm not doing it for her, I'm doing it for me. I don't care what he has to say, helpful or not. I'm not digging myself any deeper into this, and I refuse to be caught up by this random flurry of emotions she's trying to put me through. I'm just going to let her make her decision and do what my brother has told me. I've cut off any chance of communication for the night.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif