What 'age' do you think Runescape is for?

Gin_and_Tonic

Anyone who's mature on the internet and knows how to type so that others can easily read and understand it.

Erm, i'd say, minus my friends list, about 90% of the conversations i have with players in Runescape are filled with 'leet speak' and really, i mean, really poor spelling... And most of the turn out to be 14+ :|

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you enjoy the game, there is absolutely no reason why your age should deter you from playing it.

So i'm gonna say from age 13 to whenever you tire of the game.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Runescape is the kind of game that's defined by the players, if everyone on the game was really mature and over 18 then the game itself would seem like an over 18 game, but because there are so many players and such a wide spectrum of ages playing Runescape (IMO) can be enjoyed by anybody of any age. I don't think Runescape is aimed at any ages, sure it has been changed to suit younger players but there are still many challenging things to do that younger players might not be able to do. I've played since 2001ish so I was about 10/11 when I started playing and i'm now 17 and haven't once at any time playing Runescape felt that my age mattered/was wrong.

PS. this has been discussed a million times. Try searching.

OH yeah, it is what you make it.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Aslong as you find it fun then its for you its not the AGE its the AUDIENCE its appealing to, you can sell someone like i dont know an xbox when theyre 50 doesnt mean you can sell a specific child that, he might like something else, AGE doesnt come into it

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I think it's people like my brother who make this game seem so immature to some... He's downloaded macro's (along with viruses at the same time :wall: ) onto our computer and used them. He constantly is getting hacked (probably by his friend whom he shares his passwords with) and losing his account and starting a new one. I haven't watched him actually play the game but I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of those people who beg for money from rich-looking people and refuse to try to work at all just to get pixel money. He's been playing under the age of thirteen for a while. [/rant] Anyways....

I think this game is generally 13+ (ish). Younger kids seem to be able to play and enjoy it, and anyone older than that certainly can. I'm sixteen, seventeen next month, and I definitely enjoy this game. Just to throw you all off a bit, I'm also a girl. :P

Blakdragon39.png

Age doesn't matter , I started at 10. am 16 now and still playing. I don't think the skills are so easy, you do need to be atleast 11 or 12 to understand them.

id say any age but they play differently(only gonna compare for skills :P)

younger children 9-12 tend to do different things minigames and level skills just for doing them

teens 13-15 tend to train skills, combat like they feel but care for the training

ages 16-25 tend to have spare time and be the most noliferish and tend to be efficient in what they do

ages 26-90 tend to just do things thier way and succeed

in maturity id say alot of people have 2 personalities a serious one and a 13375p34k one not reall depending on age but generally the 13-25 group.

but i think runescapes avarage age is 10 f2p and 15 p2p but avarage age of a high level 2100+ total is 24 cause adults succeed at this game :thumbsup:

im 17 btw :mrgreen:

StarViv.png

I think the age group for playing grows as you play it.

I mean when you're a noob that's for 13-15 year olds...but once you're 100 combat that's for more 16+ y.o.

i'm 19 btw and i love the game....all my friends hate it though and make fun of me for playing it haha (so i don't tell them) :P

I think the way the updates have been heading over the past 4 years suggets to me Runescape is slowly become more and more of a kids game. I feel it used to be aimed for older players, but now that isn't the case. So my guess would be for young teens, possibly kids in the single digits.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

You do know Jagex is UK based, right?

lol ther in teh US not asia

are you completly or just very [developmentally delayed]? he mean united kingdoms as in england how [bleep] [developmentally delayed] do you need to talk like that and think that runescape is in asia -.-

leave tip.it please

you language:

l34v3 t1p.it p10x

edit: to the moron JAGEX company is placed in england -.- 2 officies in cambrigde and 1 in london

Jerk. Just because I feel like typing in that manner sometimes doesn't give you the right to called me "[developmentally delayed]" as the censor so eloquently calls it; or maybe it does. I dunno. I ain't no doctor.

But more seriously:

I think anyone that wants to play that has the mental capacity to realize that they're playing a video game should be able to play it. Restricting it to an age won't solve the problem because I know some 10 years olds who are smarter and more mature than other 13-14 year olds. There's no way to stop immature people from playing the game, so we really just have to learn to deal with it.

It's not that hard to meet a mature player, make friends with them, make friends with his/her friends, and so on.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

I've cleaned all the flaming that was on this topic.

There was just over a page of it, that should not have got that far.

Let's keep this on topic now, if I see any more flaming you will deal with the consequences.

Pryomancer

spacescenev24.jpg

A post by Andrew Gower himself...

28038406fp0.png

And... http://www.jagex.com/p=8AQAy9VninPB7H6L ... roducts.ws

RuneScape is aimed at players aged 13+. Younger players can access RuneScape and use the Quick Chat system to communicate using preset sentences. We encourage parents to supervise their children while they play.
tfssig.png

well, i believe its aimed at the teens age (10-20). but i dont kno if i will be playing past that, it depends on how my life goes (om 15 atm). i love the game, its addicting, and fun. if i get a decent job (around 85k+ a year) i might not have time for it...but maybe still go on. its something to do ya kno?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I believe that Runescape isnt targeted towards children but more of a slightly mature audience; in the American gaming rating system I would put RS as rated teen because although the graphics slightly conceal the ominous nature of some parts of the game, there are still skeletons and bloodstains on half of the dungeons in RS. Also, several quests are nowhere near child-friendly material, I would never let my children play Runescape until they were around 14-15. Personally, I was rather disturbed by the plotline of Underground Pass and the Mournings End quests. The Elf quests also had very devious plots. I would never want a child reading an ancient tome about how a witch resurrected some dark lord by throttling a dove and tearing flesh off a corpse.

[hide=]

I believe that Runescape isnt targeted towards children but more of a slightly mature audience; in the American gaming rating system I would put RS as rated teen because although the graphics slightly conceal the ominous nature of some parts of the game, there are still skeletons and bloodstains on half of the dungeons in RS. Also, several quests are nowhere near child-friendly material, I would never let my children play Runescape until they were around 14-15. Personally, I was rather disturbed by the plotline of Underground Pass and the Mournings End quests. The Elf quests also had very devious plots. I would never want a child reading an ancient tome about how a witch resurrected some dark lord by throttling a dove and tearing flesh off a corpse.
[/hide]

I must say that most of these children don't even bother to really read the plots. They just do whatever the Quest Guide tells them to do.

I think someone over 13 could handle pretty much any quest storyline. It depends on the child's mentality-maturity.

WarBlastoise.png

13+, but I see much older players playing. Heck, I'm 20...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I