Are junior clans dying out?

Dbzruler72

"Junior clan" is a foreign phrase to new clanners. In the early years of RuneScape 2, junior clans thrived. It was common for a top clan to have a junior clan, which added more potential to the clan's base. Reading about junior clans running into each other wasn't uncommon, & sometimes, both the main clan & junior clan PKed as one.

But junior clans began disappearing late 2006. Major clans, along with their junior clans, began closing, & thus the fad--if you call it that--died. What happened to the once prosperous junior clans? Why did they all of a sudden die out? Did Jagex's combat with bots contribute, or was it the clan world's fault for once?

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Junior clans got replaced along the way with FA lists...

And some clans, like mine, don't even use those...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I agree with what storm said, Trial and Future Applicant systems destroyed junior clans. People would rather be called FAs instead of being called a "Junior". I think the ending of junior clans had impact on the smaller clans due to the less number of clans their levels to fight.

pan.png

Well, THE clan and Damage Inc showed how wrong junior clans can go. At a moment in time the junior clans had the same strength as the main clan itself, simply because they had accepted a huge amount of members. And some rivalry between the main and the junior clan grew.

The Future Applicant system was a huge improvement to the Junior Clan idea. It meant that there would only be one clan, and would not require new leaders or moderators. It is a great way of people that didn't have the requirement to come to a limited amount of events and to get to known the clan / clan members.

The Future Applicant system was a huge improvement to the Junior Clan idea. It meant that there would only be one clan, and would not require new leaders or moderators. It is a great way of people that didn't have the requirement to come to a limited amount of events and to get to known the clan / clan members.

The flaw with Junior Clans is that they were so separate from the real clan, they worked almost like smaller independent clans and caused tension between the Junior and regular clan, plus once some people go to the level to join the regular clan they had become accustom to the Junior clan and the regular clan was like a whole new clan to them (Which it was).

Well, a year and a bit ago, while I was in BsK, we tried the idea of the juniour clan. It didn't work and we didn't think about it after then.

Now i think the FA method works better. No need to seperate you clan, just create a new "rank" with a few restrictions.

Juniour clans, yes they have died out; but been replaced with FAs

~ Light

Well, THE clan and Damage Inc showed how wrong junior clans can go. At a moment in time the junior clans had the same strength as the main clan itself, simply because they had accepted a huge amount of members. And some rivalry between the main and the junior clan grew.

I remember the case of THE clan... Infact, one of their leaders is/was in my clan (he's not that active anymore, but still there for the clan when needed)... I'll poke him to shed some light on the situation...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The flaw with Junior Clans is that they were so separate from the real clan, they worked almost like smaller independent clans and caused tension between the Junior and regular clan, plus once some people go to the level to join the regular clan they had become accustom to the Junior clan and the regular clan was like a whole new clan to them (Which it was).

Agreed, all that loyalty that was built up during a member's stint in the junior clan would just be stripped away as they were expected to join the main clan upon hitting the reqs. Eventually enough people became fed up with doing that, I suppose, to kill off the trend of junior clans. This isn't really a revelation, though, as this topic would've been relevant as far back as about 2 years ago when clans like Phobia and The Corrupted were closing. Since that time the only (arguably) significant jr. clans I can even think of are The Futures (which was a shell of its former self) and Chivalry Forces, which was much more of a farce than a force.

clans in general died out due to the removal of the wilderness.

I think you hit the big one. With the wildy gone, every team imaginable being formed, and a reluctancy from clan leaders to keep pushing on, many great clans are now closing, and few come back to replace them. I keep my eye on many small clans nowadays, looking for them to take the next step, but they just never can it seems. The clan world in general is just becoming a smaller one.

^ That may be true for the bigger clans, but ironically, the smaller clans managed to survive instead as most of the minigames currently available only appeal to smaller clans.

j0xPu5R.png

clans in general died out due to the removal of the wilderness. it was fun and adventurous going into such territory with a chance of losing equipment. and that wat junior clans were. clan wars is just too safe.

Actually, the surviving clan became much more skilled in warring thanks to CWa. Another benefit is that money isn't a necessity to win any more.

The only real problem with CWa is that it only allows a maximum of 100 people at each side.

• 5 weeks later...

They died when I retired ;P I was the one who encouraged The Corrupted to be made and I also created the planning board that all other junior clans were based off of (besides Phobia). And I retired when Phobia died so it kind of went hand and hand.

Oh, I led TF for those who don't know me ;D Hi Punc

I remember, I was in Phobia for a bit, and their junior clan was better than they were. :|

(Was it Phobia? I can't really remember.)

Phobia was fear's junior clan.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

It wasn't quite a new clan but more the same clan with new and more maturepeople, more organization, different expectation and different ways of doing things. But I do see where you're coming from.

*-P.K.Masters-* |5+ Years of Experience|F2P Events|Cmb: 95+

Clan Jags, Jr clan system was one of the first in RS Clan history, The Jr. Jags were created about 5 yrs ago, way way back in the RSC days.

However we closed down our Jr. program due to lack of inactivity and new members in it.

Combining the jrs and the knights into one forum worked out in the end becuase it brought together everyone as one awesome clan.

jagsbannerct5.gif

Great Clan, Great Community... Now Recruiting New Members

Yah Junior clans aren't dying though Phobia and Fear died at the same time which is what caused the birth of Adelais. The Futures recently closed as well but there are still several junior clans out there.

Impact which is Collisions Junior clan

Blacknight Cadets which is the Blacknights junior clan

The Future Elites which is The British Elites junior clan

Junior clans are still around just not like they used to be.