Ring of Wealth

kurtvegita

Speculation on the Ring of Wealth

rowpa4.jpg

The above is taken from Runescape's Knowledge database

This item is said to increase the drop rate of rare items, but what is rare in jagex's eyes? Thats the missing piece of the puzzle.

The Roulette Wheel Theory

This theory states that there are two roulette wheels which spin, the first is one that determines regular drops and then the next one spins to see if the first is replaced by a rare item. The ring of wealth simply gives the second wheel more of a chance of landing on a replacement for the first item.

Evidence: Proved

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=375

Misconceptions about the Ring of Wealth

The Specific Drop Theory

This theory says that the ring of wealth only effects specific drops. For instance, the chance of rune items will increase over other items. Whether it reduces the chances of other drops or keeps them the same is still up in the air.

Evidence: disproved

Players report on receiving more dragon drops with it off. But that would only effect it if the monster dropped more rune than dragon.

The Nothingness theory

This idea says that the ring is nothing but a lucky charm. It could in fact do nothing for you and wearing it could be a waste of space. Then again what proof do we have that it works?

Now that this is sorted out, we now come to the question 'What is rare in jagex's eyes?'

Any speculation on that?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its meant to increase chances of rare drops, as jagex states but i have better luck without

Chance of receiving rare drops from monsters is increased

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=1938

I can tell you i did 500k Mage xp yesterday to finish of my 99 mage at metal drags, i had 0 Cluescrolls, 0 Dragon drops, 0 Half keys, all wearing wealth, yet i dont wear it at black dragons i get a visage, and the trip before that i did like 400k xp and got 2 Dragon Legs without.. so im throwing it away

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It increases the chances of rare drops, in a minute someone will post the god letters post with the drop wheel slots >.> No one knows the exact amount it increases by, or even has a clue (I'd peg it at 10% as a random guess), but we do know that it does NOT increase coin drops at bandos, does not affect coinshare drops in any way, and only affects RARE drops.

EDIT: I'm getting tired of people saying they got certain super rare drops without ring of wealth after taking it off; unless your sampling at LEAST 500+ of the rare drop, be it visages or hilts without AND with ring of wealth, you can't point to that as evidence. Guess what; I got a visage in under 100 iron dragon kills. That means that in the next 2k kills I did I should get 20 of them, right? No, I got zero. For good or for bad, ring of wealth does not change the percentages a large amount. Jagex says it increases rare drops. Period. That means visage, d legs, or whatever other miscellaneous drops people say it ruins. Again, don't post saying you got X rare drop without it, and none with it, unless you've gotten several hundred of X rare drop. (Which is, for all reasonable purposes, impossible). I don't see a whole lot of discussion value, and all I see is pointless, incorrect posts where people are trumpeting their opinions as facts. I'm sure someone will quote me and say the same thing about my post, but I actually am basing it off of Jagex's information instead of 1 lucky drop I got.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It increases the chances of rare drops, in a minute someone will post the god letters post with the drop wheel slots >.> No one knows the exact amount it increases by, or even has a clue (I'd peg it at 10% as a random guess), but we do know that it does NOT increase coin drops at bandos, does not affect coinshare drops in any way, and only affects RARE drops.

so my 2 visages without doing slayer tasks, and camped roughly 4m mage xp at metals with and only getting like 3 skirts and about 4 legs, is increased rare drops?

so it only effects monsters. So to my understanding there are three theories on how it works.

We have the 'increase of rune drops' theory

We have the 'roulette wheel' theory

And we have the definition from jagex which we all know isnt probably the most accurate

~~~~

we can never know what drops you would have had if you hadn't worn it, so statistics can be as much of an enemy as a friend here

so it only effects monsters. So to my understanding there are three theories on how it works.

We have the 'increase of rune drops' theory

We have the 'roulette wheel' theory

And we have the definition from jagex which we all know isnt probably the most accurate

~~~~

we can never know what drops you would have had if you hadn't worn it, so statistics can be as much of an enemy as a friend here

Jagex really need to clarify how the ring helps because it "Increases Chances" either im incredibly lucky without and that wealth ring dulls my luck or that i dont have luck

I was in the warriors guild with the ring of wealth on and I wasnt getting pot when I was killing cyclops. I popped in on my second run and I got a bronze defender. The next go I was still wearing it and I recieved two defenders, iron and steel almost right after eachother.

that is my little escapade which got me thinking about it

40-88 range at fire giants. No D med. -.- Gave up on my wealth and wore whatever was needed after that. Now i've had 3 Dragon Drops(not including boots) without wealth. :thumbsup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I was in the warriors guild with the ring of wealth on and I wasnt getting pot when I was killing cyclops. I popped in on my second run and I got a bronze defender. The next go I was still wearing it and I recieved two defenders, iron and steel almost right after eachother.

that is my little escapade which got me thinking about it

Defender drops arent rare they're random, just like clues :)

so with the reports we have so far, the ring of wealth only works with some items and could in fact not work at all. It could be jegex doing some test. Well putting that out of our minds we could suggest that dragon items are reduced by the ring of wealth?

What then does the ring of wealth effect? Could it lower percentages instead of raise them?

I tracked down some more info which proves the roulette wheel theory

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=375

Now we come to the question of what is rare in jagex's eyes?

jagex know what is rare they come up with the drop rates, and they have none mod characters themselves just like you and me who play sometimes so they know what players concider "rare" or good also.

me, i just believe it all in our heads.

i find i get beter drop when im not thinking about the drop i want, then when im like "0mzg, i w4ntz th4ts n0wz!!"

im sure if your not thining about the weath and the drops, you may get beter stuff.

but, if your trying to test that out, how can you you find this out if your thinking about it?

i dont know, just what i think.

noobish, huh? ;)

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

me, i just believe it all in our heads.

i find i get beter drop when im not thinking about the drop i want, then when im like "0mzg, i w4ntz th4ts n0wz!!"

im sure if your not thining about the weath and the drops, you may get beter stuff.

but, if your trying to test that out, how can you you find this out if your thinking about it?

i dont know, just what i think.

noobish, huh? ;)

yes because jagex read our thoughts.. the reason it goes slower is because you are anticipating it so it bugs you like when your close to a 99 your like "FFS WHENS IT GOING TO END" then as soon as you get the 99 it goes faster, for instance people that have like 40M xp in a skill.

The ring appears to do nothing because, for instance, if you have a 1 out of 10 000 chance to get x object without, and 1 out of 5000 with, the difference is obviously not going to be striking. But if you use it for say, a GWD general with 1/50, 1/100 odds, then there might be something interesting there. Overall, I don't think it's really worth it, it's still 99% up to odds. But it's worth taking in some situations.

2480+ total

It just means you've got better chances of getting a better rare drop.

For example... if the roulette wheel lands on "rare" at GW (which the ring of wealth has no effect on, btw), then you can either get... d med, left half, arma helm, arma skirt, arma plate, arma hilt. The ring increases your chances of getting a hilt... or at least lessens your chances of getting a d med

77yLQy8.png

In my opinion it just wastes space. Ring of Life saved me numerous times, which results into more money anyways since I didn't die and lose my stuff.

I wear it when i'm slaying, in the warewolf task i got 3 rune meds. Before i made my ring of wealth i'd never gotten anything good from them (best being steel scimmy), it could have just been a big coincidence, but i seem to think that it works.

1yrb49.jpg

Everyone looks at rare as the big ticket items but whose to say it doesn't depend on each monster. Like say for a lowly level 3 hobgoblin and sapphire is a rare drop? Does that not mean you would get more sapphires from them with the ring? What if the dragon drops don't fall in the rare category? And more simpler things do?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What if the dragon drops don't fall in the rare category? And more simpler things do?

Well then that'd be pretty stupid.

It's called Ring of Wealth, which implies it should make you more wealthy - not more likely to own uncommon items.