Guide to Extremely Fast Melee XP

muggiwhplar

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piety is worth using here for anybody who is willing to train here instead of Armored Zombies.

Yes, as long as you use prayer potions though instead of the altar... if you're using piety w/ the altar, it's less efficient than 10% and 5%

Expensive tho

77yLQy8.png

Thanks for the guide, muggi - I'm eager to find some new way to train melee, & will be trying your method tomorrow.

I would like to mention, though, at the risk of stating the obvious - and forgive me if someone has already pointed this out - you can put five bananas into a basket. This would make space for more potions/duel rings/whatever in your inventory.

Cheers and thanks again for the guide.

It may be very little faster than bandits or other spots, but doesn't teleport take up time too? And what about expenses of familiars, pray pots, teleports? They add up too. Thanks for the guide, but I'd do bandits anyway.

Profins.png

specty.png

You should try out the mighty banshees in the well. Salve (e) works there, multi so you can use familiar, and semi afkable like this place. They drop level 3 clues, about 300k profit an hour with the pure essence and ranarrs they drop. You would need your own prayer pots to start off though the drops more than pay for the costs. You get more ranarrs than you use p pots anyways. I was getting about 45k-55k attack exp per 31 mins timed by my familiar. This place would also yield 100k+ exp an hour

Kaizoku

yes any ideas for quick xp in str?

first of all use a saradomin sword, use pure sets, you could no life it for quickest but i wouldnt :lol: , um.... afking makes it go faster, and browse tif while you train trust me it'll go faster :thumbsup:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

It may be very little faster than bandits or other spots, but doesn't teleport take up time too? And what about expenses of familiars, pray pots, teleports? They add up too. Thanks for the guide, but I'd do bandits anyway.

Bandits are like 40-50k XP per hour max plus you have to pay more attention and deal with a ton of competition. The monkeys are 70k-100k XP per hour w/o any competition or effort

You should try out the mighty banshees in the well. Salve (e) works there, multi so you can use familiar, and semi afkable like this place. They drop level 3 clues, about 300k profit an hour with the pure essence and ranarrs they drop. You would need your own prayer pots to start off though the drops more than pay for the costs. You get more ranarrs than you use p pots anyways. I was getting about 45k-55k attack exp per 31 mins timed by my familiar. This place would also yield 100k+ exp an hour

I've tried that place but I don't like it as much since you can't AFK there very easily (picking up drops) and you use up way more p pots

77yLQy8.png

Have you tried out Armoured Zombies below the chaos altar in level 13 wild? I think they're faster and theirs an altar right above to pray at. I used Stealing creation items there and got xp very fast.

Low_C.png

Have you tried out Armoured Zombies below the chaos altar in level 13 wild? I think they're faster and theirs an altar right above to pray at. I used Stealing creation items there and got xp very fast.

I tried it - its only advantage is that you get to use piety... but it's overall slower XP plus you have to pay attention and make minimal profit. I like the monkeys more because you can use a combat familiar and you don't have to pay any attention.

77yLQy8.png

Good guide =D>

So like most of the (good) guides I tried this one too.

With 99 attack, 92 strength, Super pots, mithril Minotaur, 5% strength prayer, and the same outfit like yours except I don't have a fire cape so I use my Trimmed hitpoints cape.

I got this (test run):

*** [ END ]: You gained 11,552 strength exp in 11mins 35secs. That's 59,837 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 4hrs 28mins 4secs

Did I do something wrong?

p.s. now I am going to do a longer run and see what I'll get :P

Good guide =D>

So like most of the (good) guides I tried this one too.

With 99 attack, 92 strength, Super pots, mithril Minotaur, 5% strength prayer, and the same outfit like yours except I don't have a fire cape so I use my Trimmed hitpoints cape.

I got this (test run):

*** [ END ]: You gained 11,552 strength exp in 11mins 35secs. That's 59,837 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 4hrs 28mins 4secs

Did I do something wrong?

p.s. now I am going to do a longer run and see what I'll get :P

probably killed them too fast - use a full world

77yLQy8.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 5% strength and sup pots at 99 atk 92 str and a addy mino, gettin 90 -80k def exp an hour, very nice :thumbsup:

700k for 99 Def, was 96 6 days ago, not sure if i want to train strength here altho im sure as you say it would be 120k+ but i want 90 slayer

None the less great guide, thanks for writing it.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=779905

Big thanks to you :D

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

• 5 weeks later...

Will this method still work with 70 attack 61 defence, 43 prayer and 61 strength, I will be training my def to 70.

Also what are the bananas, runes and wierd bone thing for.

Good guide btw.

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

i think the zombies at the chaos altar arebetter no ptos needed with dba i make 75-85k an hour xp

I get 85k xp/hour as well, and I'm 12 att and 12 str levels below you :P

Also, I don't need to pay any attention whatsoever ... no need to go up and recharge pray every minute or pick up drops

77yLQy8.png

Wasn't Muggiwhplar banned? you can try posting in the Account Review thread

Ralph Wiggum was banned without an appeal for use of the BA blood rune bug. Thankfully, he had made Karma, his pure, while still on Ralph, so, a short break after his ban, he logged onto RS again.

On topic, Very helpful guide, I used it to train up my defence. I get bored with slayer quickly.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...